More proof of a 2009

Search this Thread

Old 3/23/08 | 03:09 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by RCSignals
Poor Tex won't relax until someone builds him a Mustang with a N/A 5.4L six speed that has no power steering, no AC, no heater, no radio, no power windows, no etc etc etc, and a big sticker that says BOSS.

Ford will sell a million of them
Originally Posted by TXBLUOVAL
RC ... please don't write something about someone unless you got you *&#@ together and know what you're talking about. What you wrote should've been this:

I was just joking with you, but I think you knew that
Old 3/23/08 | 03:46 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

... Ford doesn't need any bad press right now as there already is an uproar over the "2009" BULLITT...
Have you noticed the "uproars" with regards to limited productions usually come from those who have already gotten theirs?

They must be concerned about their enviromental impact.

Old 3/23/08 | 04:09 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
Have you noticed the "uproars" with regards to limited productions usually come from those who have already gotten theirs?

that's funny.

But seriously there has been less 'uproar' than what one might expect. Most seems to be from the ones still waiting for delivery.

The concern many have is more over Ford's early hype of the car, the 'hurry and get your's because there will only be 7700"

I didn't buy mine for those reasons, so I'm not bothered much, but it will be interesting to see just how many '2009' Bullitts Ford is able to sell.
Old 3/23/08 | 04:22 PM
Cobra Member

double post
Old 3/23/08 | 05:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well Ford just brought the Boss500 in John Forces Mustang, They wanted it Ford powered maybe it will be the ZR1 Killer the did it in the 70 history may repeat itself ?Why put the big block back in drag racing? IMO, I drove a boss for 36 years and found it very streeetable and it is today ,you didn,t want it to ideal for a long time but normal traffic here was no problem. This is all from my pesonal experince and just mine so I can,t say for others who might of had highly modded cars? Maybe someone inside may know more about this Boss500 motor they had in Gainville at the winter nationals???
Old 3/23/08 | 08:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

That ain't the first time Ford announced 1 or 2 year and went longer (Mach 1, GT500, etc) or limited production and made more than originally announced.

Marketing at its finest.

I won't be selling my GT500 to get one, but, I'd love to see a BOSS come out. Make it a stripped down hot rod. I think it would sell well and be a nice ride (provided they do it right with more than stickers and a Ford Racing CAI).

Last edited by crazyhorse; 3/23/08 at 08:21 PM.
Old 3/23/08 | 08:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Talking

ROFLMAO ...
Old 3/23/08 | 10:25 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by crazyhorse
That ain't the first time Ford announced 1 or 2 year and went longer (Mach 1, GT500, etc) or limited production and made more than originally announced.

Marketing at its finest.

I won't be selling my GT500 to get one, but, I'd love to see a BOSS come out. Make it a stripped down hot rod. I think it would sell well and be a nice ride (provided they do it right with more than stickers and a Ford Racing CAI).
Did Ford ever say the Mach1 was one year? I always knew it to be a two year place holder for a lame duck until '05.

I didn't think they announced the GT500 as one year, I remember it being said it would be a three year run. I suppose it might even be longer than that though.
Old 3/24/08 | 07:41 AM
Post *****

Well RC ... with the exception of the engine size that is basically what the BOSS 302, BOSS 351, and BOSS 429 Mustangs were. Doesn't seem to stop folks from wanting one of those now, nor for those folks that wanted that particular type of car THEN.

Building a "heritage BOSS" or whatever you want to call it is LUDICROUS. That name needs to be left alone if Ford cant, or, as usually here lately ... WONT, build the same thing they once did. If those cars are gone (i.e. DEAD) then that name deserves to be able to rest in peace.

There was a slight market for them then and there is a slight market for them now. They didn't have any problems selling the 2000 Cobra R, now did they ... (???) ... which was the closest thing to a BOSS produced since 1971 (after what I might add ... 29 YEARS ~ !!!).

I'll tell Ya this ... if Ford does produce a N/A 5.4 car and calls it a BOSS ... I AINT BUYING IT unless it is built like the former BOSS cars were.

There are plenty other previously built SE Mustangs that Ford can use to reintroduce another performance Mustang, for example; the SPRINT, MACH 1, GTA(s), etc., that in doing so wouldn't sham the BOSS name.

Afterwards they can build a modern BOSS (again ... factory race cars) and sell them to buyers who will be able to run them for the purposes they were built.

FYI . . . . Boss 351s could be equipped with the following . . .

Power Steering
Air Conditioning
AM/8-Track
Tilt Steering Wheel
Power Windows
Old 3/24/08 | 08:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Cool

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri
FYI . . . . Boss 351s could be equipped with the following . . .

Power Steering
Air Conditioning
AM/8-Track
Tilt Steering Wheel
Power Windows
Dealers added all kinds of options but the BOSS 351 was still meant to be a factory racer just like the BOSS 302 and BOSS 429.

Also ... they had the PHILCO AM/FM 8-track in 1971 and as far as I know the AM/8-track went out in mid-1970.

The BOSS 302 I often refer to on here had no such options whatsoever (no radio ... it had a radio delete plate). The BOSS 429 and BOSS 351 cars I've seen to date were equipped the same.

Not many (if any) BOSS 351 cars came from the factory equipped with the options you reflect above.

If they did, then that only reinforces one of my prior arguments reagrding how flexible Ford used to be regarding special options as compared to how inflexible they are now.
Old 3/24/08 | 08:49 AM
Team Mustang Source

One thing not mentioned by ANYONE here is that the "Boss" name would have to be used with the agreement of Team Shinoda, since they, not Ford, own the rights to that name.
Old 3/24/08 | 09:08 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by hiznherponies
One thing not mentioned by ANYONE here is that the "Boss" name would have to be used with the agreement of Team Shinoda, since they, not Ford, own the rights to that name.
Unless something has changed Ford owns "BOSS" and Shinoda owns 'Shinoda BOSS."

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...65&postcount=8

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...9&postcount=10
Old 3/24/08 | 09:20 AM
Team Mustang Source

This is the problem ... BOSS cars are, or were, what they were. One thing they were NOT is streetable.
This doesn't really apply to the Boss 351 at all or the Boss 429 either for that matter. Neither was stripped (unless you wanted it to be), neither was a handling at all costs model, and neither was modified in any way that would make them inherently poor daily drivers in their era. The Boss 429's engine was a bit tempermental, but that had more to do with the short-comings of the day when building engines like these than a desire on Ford's part to make it so. I'm with Evil Capri, only one Boss falls neatly into the extreme daily driver category.

Last edited by jsaylor; 3/24/08 at 09:37 AM.
Old 3/24/08 | 04:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

My boss came with deluxe int. p/s p/disc brakes,drag pac ,am/fm radio, auto release seat back latch ,wood grain dash ,sport clock,ect,front spoiler, trunk mount battery, space saver spare tire. The was a little bit off a hand full on wet street and snow ,but on dry street it is fine. Some boss302 I drove without p/s were harder to drive. Boss 351 were harder to see out the back and the cars I drove all had p/s and brakes radios and heaters.
Old 3/24/08 | 08:38 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri
Unless something has changed Ford owns "BOSS" and Shinoda owns 'Shinoda BOSS."
Even at that I think Shinoda licenses use of the word BOSS from Ford
Old 3/24/08 | 09:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by RCSignals
Did Ford ever say the Mach1 was one year? I always knew it to be a two year place holder for a lame duck until '05.

I didn't think they announced the GT500 as one year, I remember it being said it would be a three year run. I suppose it might even be longer than that though.
Mach 1 was a 1 year run originally. Maybe some of the Mach 1 owners can back me on it as I don't have a reference to it. I also don't remember the production numbers, but I am sure they exceeded it.

The GT500 was to be a two year run as stated in the dealer agreement they paid $1500 for. They were also projected to make 7000 per year at one time. They made over 10000 for 07 and will likely exceed that for 08. 09 will likely be fewer as the year is rumored to be shorter and the sales will slump as the next model is announced (assuming it will be better).
Old 3/24/08 | 09:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by boss429man
My boss came with deluxe int. p/s p/disc brakes,drag pac ,am/fm radio, auto release seat back latch ,wood grain dash ,sport clock,ect,front spoiler, trunk mount battery, space saver spare tire. The was a little bit off a hand full on wet street and snow ,but on dry street it is fine. Some boss302 I drove without p/s were harder to drive. Boss 351 were harder to see out the back and the cars I drove all had p/s and brakes radios and heaters.
That might be ... but I think you're gonna have a hard time with the vacuum accesories (power brakes, vacuum secondary carb, etc.) with those stock cam profiles, not to mention adjusting the noisy solid lifters all the time being something somebody wanted to do on a regular basis as was usually needed (as it would apply to any of the BOSS cars being daily drivers).

I've never seen any of them as you mention here, and probably never will.
Old 3/24/08 | 09:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

From Mach 1 registry:

* Just as with the 2001 Bullitt GT, the new Mach 1 will come with a unique serialization found in the vehicle identification number (VIN) to ensure exclusivity and collectibility. This will be different from last years Bullitt Mustang. The Bullitt carried a unique 'number' tag in the engine compartment, the MACH1 will not. In the VIN number there will be an engine code designation of 'R'. This will be exclusive to the MACH1 and will denote the different engine and thus its uniqueness. Ford plans to produce 6,500of this limited-edition legend. Mach 1 pricing and detailed technical specifications will be announced just prior to public introduction.
They ended up making around 9600 in 2003 alone.
It did not say 1 year here, but I remembwer that being implied.

Last edited by crazyhorse; 3/24/08 at 09:36 PM.
Old 3/25/08 | 04:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

tx

Mine has power disc brakes no problem with vacume either,I did change the carb to mech seconds and 800cfm,I adjusted the solid before I took it to the strip or when ever I changed the plugs about 2 times a year. I am a tech so it,s not that big off a job. ask me about putting header on it that was no fun at all.if I could figure out how to post pics I would show you.
Old 3/28/08 | 06:56 AM
Cobra Member

Yes that would be correct. The mach 1 was origonally one year only. All my links are at home, but it was origionally a one year run.

Roger