More proof of a 2009

Search this Thread

Old 3/14/08 | 08:12 AM
Cobra Member

Especially since they are planning on 2010 production selling in april of 2010. This means there will probably be leftovers.
Old 3/16/08 | 12:12 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by crazyhorse
I'd like to see what that looked like. I bet either really sharp, or, really ugly.

The 03/04 Mach 1 in Azure Blue was one of my favorites.
I agree. Hopefully some pictures surface soon.
Old 3/19/08 | 01:00 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Nice to see Ford officially announce 2009 GT500's today in the 2009 Mustang Order Guide (along with the continuation of Bullitt, GT-California Special, GT500KR, and Warriors in Pink models). I think more people will be surprised that Bullitt continues into 2009 than the GT500.
Old 3/19/08 | 01:46 PM
Cobra R Member

I'm a little surprised that the CS/GT is staying around.
Old 3/19/08 | 01:47 PM

I saw that today. But they did not have GRABBER BLUE!!! Not as of job one anyway. They are introducing Brilliant Silver as a new color for job one. I also noticed NO GLASS ROOF for SHLEBY GT500, but it is available for the gt and v6.
They made some options standard on the new stangs as well, such as ambient lighting and sirius radio.
Old 3/19/08 | 01:55 PM

No Grabber Blue at Job #1, but I don't think there will be a Job #2 as 2010 Mustang production is supposed to start in January 2009 (right about when a Job #2 would have been expected).
Old 3/19/08 | 05:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by mach1fever
Grabber sure sounds like a boss is coming. Roger
I'll kindly remind Yall ... If they build the next BOSS like they built that last BOSS a lot of Yall are NOT going to want one, or like what they get once they've had it for a bit. I say this because the last ones were NOT DAILY DRIVER FRIENDLY CARS ~ !!!

From what I've read here most of Yall (although righteously excited about a "BOSS") would probably actually prefer a MACH 1 or MACH 1-type Mustang.

If they build a BOSS unlike the last ones they did, there might be a different story.

Last edited by TXBLUOVAL; 3/19/08 at 05:28 PM.
Old 3/19/08 | 06:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by TXBLUOVAL
I'll kindly remind Yall ... If they build the next BOSS like they built that last BOSS a lot of Yall are NOT going to want one, or like what they get once they've had it for a bit. I say this because the last ones were NOT DAILY DRIVER FRIENDLY CARS ~ !!!

From what I've read here most of Yall (although righteously excited about a "BOSS") would probably actually prefer a MACH 1 or MACH 1-type Mustang.

If they build a BOSS unlike the last ones they did, there might be a different story.
They'll build it more street friendly this time. It'll be more of a heritage edition. Hopefully it will have some performance goodies.
Old 3/19/08 | 08:33 PM
Bullitt Member

They'll build it more street friendly this time. It'll be more of a heritage edition. Hopefully it will have some performance goodies.
How do you know how they are going to build the next BOSS? What is your source of credible information?

If they do build the next generation of the BOSS any different than they built the last (those set the BOSS standard) BOSS then they won't really be BOSS cars.

They might as well call them something else.
Old 3/20/08 | 12:49 PM

If they do build the next generation of the BOSS any different than they built the last (those set the BOSS standard) BOSS then they won't really be BOSS cars.
They will be more streetable, and better daily drivers, through the use of modern computers and fuel injection. If you want a tempermental car that mostly shines at wide open throttle like the Boss models of 1969-1971, I doubt you'll find carburetors and points-type distributors making a comeback anytime soon from Ford Motor Company. Plus, wicked cam profiles and grinds are now possible that weren't possible 40 years ago. And, how about modern tires to harness today's power. et ectera.

I guess what I'm getting at is why on Earth wouldn't you want a modern-day Boss to encompass all the technology available that only serves to make it infinitely better than old-school tech they passed off as "high performance" back in the old days?
Old 3/20/08 | 02:42 PM
Cobra Member

How do you know how they are going to build the next BOSS? What is your source of credible information?

They might as well call them something else.
Maybe they'll even us up the last of the 4.6 3v on them, just for you
Old 3/22/08 | 07:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Cool

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
They will be more streetable, and better daily drivers, through the use of modern computers and fuel injection. If you want a tempermental car that mostly shines at wide open throttle like the Boss models of 1969-1971, I doubt you'll find carburetors and points-type distributors making a comeback anytime soon from Ford Motor Company. Plus, wicked cam profiles and grinds are now possible that weren't possible 40 years ago. And, how about modern tires to harness today's power. et ectera.

I guess what I'm getting at is why on Earth wouldn't you want a modern-day Boss to encompass all the technology available that only serves to make it infinitely better than old-school tech they passed off as "high performance" back in the old days?
I'm sure you have your reasons for getting the above out of what I wrote. I don't want to sound insulting when I do respond to this, so forgive me if I sound too blunt;

May I kindly ask you to GO BACK and read what I wrote again and please explain in full detail just exactly HOW you interpreted what I wrote the way you did. PLEASE ... TAKE YOUR TIME ... this way I will have time to prepare for the stress and anguish I will suffer answering this type of question AGAIN.

THANK YOU ~ !!!
Old 3/22/08 | 07:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Cool

Originally Posted by RCSignals
Maybe they'll even us up the last of the 4.6 3v on them, just for you
I'm sure they will do that and just that RC ... especially if they SEE YOU COMING TO BUY ONE !!!
Old 3/22/08 | 10:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

I think TX (I assume that means Texas) has a Texas sized tumbleweed up his rear and is looking for an argument.

I suppose I should have put an "IMHO" on my post, but, I had no idea someone would jump on me about citing sources. It's just an opinion, relax!

I'm saying what Brian is saying. There won't be a market for the kind of car you are referring to. There would, however, be a market for one that is called the BOSS, even if its character is slightly more modern.

btw, I was agreeing with you on this part of your post

Last edited by crazyhorse; 3/22/08 at 10:46 PM.
Old 3/22/08 | 11:21 PM
Cobra Member

I think TX (I assume that means Texas) has a Texas sized tumbleweed up his rear and is looking for an argument.

I suppose I should have put an "IMHO" on my post, but, I had no idea someone would jump on me about citing sources. It's just an opinion, relax!

I'm saying what Brian is saying. There won't be a market for the kind of car you are referring to. There would, however, be a market for one that is called the BOSS, even if its character is slightly more modern.

Poor Tex won't relax until someone builds him a Mustang with a N/A 5.4L six speed that has no power steering, no AC, no heater, no radio, no power windows, no etc etc etc, and a big sticker that says BOSS.

Ford will sell a million of them
Old 3/23/08 | 05:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Cool

1. No, I'm no looking for an argument.

2. I'll make some of Yall a deal ... If some of YALL will pull your HEADS outta your rears I'll get rid of the "tumbleweed" ... (ROFLMAO).

3. For crying out loud ... Do Yall EVER read people's posts on here? I mean REALLY READ THEM? Please do so in the future, otherwise some of Yall expose your TRUE SELVES too much in some of your responses. I wouldn't want the general public to have access to that side of me if I was some of YOU.

4. I will look for some of my previous posts on the 69-70 BOSS and put it on here again. Hopefully this will clear up any "confusion" that might have been caused ... (my apologies).

5. As always ... I appreciate your support ~ !!!
Old 3/23/08 | 06:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Poor Tex won't relax until someone builds him a Mustang with a N/A 5.4L six speed that has no power steering, no AC, no heater, no radio, no power windows, no etc etc etc, and a big sticker that says BOSS.

Well RC ... with the exception of the engine size that is basically what the BOSS 302, BOSS 351, and BOSS 429 Mustangs were. Doesn't seem to stop folks from wanting one of those now, nor for those folks that wanted that particular type of car THEN.

Building a "heritage BOSS" or whatever you want to call it is LUDICROUS. That name needs to be left alone if Ford cant, or, as usually here lately ... WONT, build the same thing they once did. If those cars are gone (i.e. DEAD) then that name deserves to be able to rest in peace.

There was a slight market for them then and there is a slight market for them now. They didn't have any problems selling the 2000 Cobra R, now did they ... (???) ... which was the closest thing to a BOSS produced since 1971 (after what I might add ... 29 YEARS ~ !!!).

I'll tell Ya this ... if Ford does produce a N/A 5.4 car and calls it a BOSS ... I AINT BUYING IT unless it is built like the former BOSS cars were.

There are plenty other previously built SE Mustangs that Ford can use to reintroduce another performance Mustang, for example; the SPRINT, MACH 1, GTA(s), etc., that in doing so wouldn't sham the BOSS name.

Afterwards they can build a modern BOSS (again ... factory race cars) and sell them to buyers who will be able to run them for the purposes they were built.
Old 3/23/08 | 06:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Cool

This is the problem ... BOSS cars are, or were, what they were. One thing they were NOT is streetable. Why build something and give it an honored and established name that doesn't belong? If Ford needs to sell Mustangs they have a lot of other changes to make before they ruin such a good name.

I hope they do build modern BOSS cars (they should've never stopped) but I also hope that if they do create such a beast again the general public doesn't have the expectations of it being worthy as a daily- driver because that is the last thing any of the BOSS cars were (Ford doesn't need any bad press right now as there already is an uproar over the "2009" BULLITT).

I don't know what your experience and knowledge is of those originals. I was lucky enough to experience a 1970 BOSS 302 back in the 70(s). I have posted more than one post on here in the past regarding that car, and that era of time. I will search and see if I can't find some fo those and post them back on here.

Please feel comfortable in taking what I put on here as the absolute truth because the BOSS 302 I drove and rode in back in 1976-1978 was the real thing (with less than 60-K miles back then) and I remember it's performance as if it was yesterday.
Old 3/23/08 | 07:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Cool

RC ... please don't write something about someone unless you got you *&#@ together and know what you're talking about. What you wrote should've been this:

Poor Tex won't relax until someone builds him a Mustang with a N/A 5.4L six speed that says BULLITT.
Old 3/23/08 | 03:07 PM
Cobra Member

Well RC ... with the exception of the engine size that is basically what the BOSS 302, BOSS 351, and BOSS 429 Mustangs were. Doesn't seem to stop folks from wanting one of those now, nor for those folks that wanted that particular type of car THEN.

Building a "heritage BOSS" or whatever you want to call it is LUDICROUS. That name needs to be left alone if Ford cant, or, as usually here lately ... WONT, build the same thing they once did. If those cars are gone (i.e. DEAD) then that name deserves to be able to rest in peace.

There was a slight market for them then and there is a slight market for them now. They didn't have any problems selling the 2000 Cobra R, now did they ... (???) ... which was the closest thing to a BOSS produced since 1971 (after what I might add ... 29 YEARS ~ !!!).

I'll tell Ya this ... if Ford does produce a N/A 5.4 car and calls it a BOSS ... I AINT BUYING IT unless it is built like the former BOSS cars were.

There are plenty other previously built SE Mustangs that Ford can use to reintroduce another performance Mustang, for example; the SPRINT, MACH 1, GTA(s), etc., that in doing so wouldn't sham the BOSS name.

Afterwards they can build a modern BOSS (again ... factory race cars) and sell them to buyers who will be able to run them for the purposes they were built.
It's OK all is good. I do understand what it is you want.
I'll be very surprised if it ever happens again these days though.