Ford dealers are really P*ssing me off

Search this Thread

Old 6/15/06, 02:47 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Akurei14
Yup. my dealer just hosed me. I went in to make the down payment yesterday, paperwork was supposodly already done. I walk in, the guy more or less attempts hiding and then finds a customer who doesn't even need assistance. So I finaly get to him, tell him I'm here to make my down payment and get it all signed off.
The rat bastages sold it on ebay for $21K above sticker....
I aske him, well why would ya do that if we had paperwork already filled out, he made up a huge story about loosing papers and that nothing was signed anyhow etc...
So I request to speak to the owner.
I get denied my request, so I go out to the lot, have a cigg and wait for the guy to go on a lunch break, I walk back in, goto the receptionist and she lets me talk to the guy.
Lets just say I was loud enough for them to get customers out of the showroom, and out onto the lot on a rainy day. Then he offers me a deal on a "loaded" 07 GT factory order, basically he offers sticker price. I point out the front window at my 05 sitting right out front.
So I ask, if I make a payment can I get dibs on the next car, no bs....
He is calling me tmrw with the answer to that one. Of course he isn't sure, but if they don't I'll just trade in my 05 for an 07 GT. They do offer better colors now, and heated seats to boot!

Course this dealer is no stranger to my family either. My dad threw a fit about 5 years ago, another showroom emptying circus.... They tried cutting his trade in value in half, he wasn't having it... My step dad also bought his 05 F-150 there. I got my GT there, and my mom just ordered an 07 GT. I honestly expected more....
Ya know, a Challenger would look nice next to the 05.....
Umm...here's my question: If they keep treating you so poorly, why do you keep going back?
Old 6/15/06, 09:18 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BC_Shelby
Umm...here's my question: If they keep treating you so poorly, why do you keep going back?
That's a good question BC.
Old 6/15/06, 09:23 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
BURN . . .
THE . . .
DEALER . . .
DOWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNN ! ! !

Old 6/15/06, 09:26 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 1969 Mustang Mach 1
Good listing of Emoticons. These guys are getting a little scary.
Old 6/15/06, 09:31 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

You guys are screwy

1 BULLITT I have good news for you. I am now a psycologist. I belive the dealers have troubled you at some point. The remedy is obvious. Look for another dealer. This goes for you too Akurei14
Old 6/15/06, 10:28 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by 1969 Mustang Mach 1
1 BULLITT I have good news for you. I am now a psycologist. I belive the dealers have troubled you at some point. The remedy is obvious. Look for another dealer. This goes for you too Akurei14

Reeeaaaallyyyy?

I like your analogy but don't count on that Pulitzer just yet. Some additional research might reverse your PHD conclusion. Regardless, some additional courses in palm reading might reeeaaaallyyyy help your career, and some of the bills.

Old 6/15/06, 02:56 PM

Honestly it's the first time it's happened at this dealer.
I talked to the owner again today and he's not sure if they will get more or not, but if they do he will let me know.
As far as future dealings with this dealer, I don't see it happening unless I get my shelby at MSRP, unless that happens, my mom's 07 is the last thing we get from them.
I wish it was like Japan where youcan just goto the factory, pick out the car you want and drive it home a day or two later. No dealers, no bullcrap.
Or maby eliminate the new car dealerships and have a factory direct system, dealers are jsut satellite offices where you specify what you want, pay MSRP, done deal....
Old 6/15/06, 07:26 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Akurei14
Honestly it's the first time it's happened at this dealer.
I talked to the owner again today and he's not sure if they will get more or not, but if they do he will let me know.
As far as future dealings with this dealer, I don't see it happening unless I get my shelby at MSRP, unless that happens, my mom's 07 is the last thing we get from them.
I wish it was like Japan where youcan just goto the factory, pick out the car you want and drive it home a day or two later. No dealers, no bullcrap.
Or maby eliminate the new car dealerships and have a factory direct system, dealers are jsut satellite offices where you specify what you want, pay MSRP, done deal....
I would opt to cancel the order on the 07 if they don't come though on the Shelby at MSRP. Why spend another dime at that dealer if this is how they are going to treat a long time customer. It's not like 07s will be as hard to get as 05s.
Old 6/15/06, 08:05 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by Mds370
I would opt to cancel the order on the 07 if they don't come though on the Shelby at MSRP. Why spend another dime at that dealer if this is how they are going to treat a long time customer. It's not like 07s will be as hard to get as 05s.
Exactly what I would do.
Old 6/16/06, 11:51 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Tell dealer A to shove it...buy the 07 at Dealer B....on way home stop at Dealer A...

BURN DOWN DEALER A
Old 6/16/06, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Knight
Tell dealer A to shove it...buy the 07 at Dealer B....on way home stop at Dealer A...

BURN DOWN DEALER A

Knight I have good news for you. I am now a psychologist. I believe the dealers have troubled you at some point. The remedy is obvious. Look for another dealer.

This goes for you too BC_Shelby.

Old 6/16/06, 12:44 PM
GT Member

Reeeaaaallyyyy?

I like your analogy but don't count on that Pulitzer just yet. Some additional research might reverse your PHD conclusion. Regardless, some additional courses in palm reading might reeeaaaallyyyy help your career, and some of the bills.

A Pulitzer???? Where in there did he mention his new job as a journalist? I thought he said that he was a psychologist. Those guys get Nobel Prizes.

If that was what you were shooting for....you won't ever be known for your outstanding aim.
Old 6/16/06, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by n3cr0mncr
A Pulitzer???? Where in there did he mention his new job as a journalist? I thought he said that he was a psychologist. Those guys get Nobel Prizes.

If that was what you were shooting for....you won't ever be known for your outstanding aim.

Neither will you.

A little research might reveal the conditions, requirements, and restrictions for qualifications for either one.

I would call you a dumb idiot but it's Friday and I am in a good mood. Thanks for posting.
Old 6/16/06, 01:49 PM
Cobra Member

No, the idea is to single out the dealer who PROMISED you - the long-time repeat customer - a Shelby at sticker, then turned around and changed his mind, telling you to "get bent" cause they've decided to become an auction house and sell all the cars on eBay for as high a markup as possible.

There is definitely a point there. It is, however, very difficult to turn away $20000 profit.

Let's put this into a more personal scenario...

You decide to build a new home, which will take 6 months - 1 yr to complete. You mention it to a co-worker who expresses an interest in your current home. He offers to purchase it for $200000, the going price per square foot in that area. About a month before your new home is built, someone approaches you and offers you $300000 for your current home. It seems homes in your neighborhood have become very highly sought-after properties. Would you still sell it to the co-worker?

I wouldn't...it wouldn't make sense, and the co-worker would probably agree...

It certainly isn't the best thing for business, but not making as much money as possible doesn't make business sense, either. Either way, someone loses. Good luck to everyone who aspires to own one of these beasts. Be patient; I believe the prices will come down eventually.
Old 6/16/06, 02:33 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Knight I have good news for you. I am now a psychologist. I believe the dealers have troubled you at some point. The remedy is obvious. Look for another dealer.

This goes for you too BC_Shelby.

whew I'm glad there is someone out there that could help me... so when we go to the dealer....

you wanna bring the gasoline or should I?
Old 6/16/06, 03:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Len Stoler Ford is the dealer I bought my car from and they got $15k over MSRP for their first Shelby. They got that because they beat Apple Ford's $20k of sticker. I just makes me sick to even think about it.

You have to love people with more money then brains!
Old 6/16/06, 03:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by PACETTR

There is definitely a point there. It is, however, very difficult to turn away $20000 profit.

Let's put this into a more personal scenario...

You decide to build a new home, which will take 6 months - 1 yr to complete. You mention it to a co-worker who expresses an interest in your current home. He offers to purchase it for $200000, the going price per square foot in that area. About a month before your new home is built, someone approaches you and offers you $300000 for your current home. It seems homes in your neighborhood have become very highly sought-after properties. Would you still sell it to the co-worker?

I wouldn't...it wouldn't make sense, and the co-worker would probably agree...

It certainly isn't the best thing for business, but not making as much money as possible doesn't make business sense, either. Either way, someone loses. Good luck to everyone who aspires to own one of these beasts. Be patient; I believe the prices will come down eventually.
I'd def sell it to the co-worker. He is counting on me to house his family. By that time he prob has already sold his home. If I don't sell it to him, I have to face him every day at work. Could get ugly.

Nice try though.
Old 6/16/06, 03:53 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by crazyhorse
I'd def sell it to the co-worker. He is counting on me to house his family. By that time he prob has already sold his home. If I don't sell it to him, I have to face him every day at work. Could get ugly.

Nice try though.

Counting on you to house his family? Is YOUR family counting on you to feed THEM? That $100000 could go a long way towards a college education. Where is the common sense around here. Economics be ****ed, i guess?

Old 6/16/06, 04:40 PM
GT Member

Neither will you.

A little research might reveal the conditions, requirements, and restrictions for qualifications for either one.

I would call you a dumb idiot but it's Friday and I am in a good mood. Thanks for posting.
I won't be so nice on a Friday, I will call you a dumb idiot. First, take your own advice and look it up.

http://www.pulitzer.org/

http://nobelprize.org/nobel/

You will see that the pulitzer is given out to the media and a few other artistic professions. You will also see that the nobel prize has a category called "physiology or medicine" that certainly encompases the expertise of a phychologist since it is seen by quite a few (<- input sarcastic tone there) people as a medical field.

Second, let's try a little more thinking and a little less typing next time.

I am done with this one because we have gone far from the topic at hand.
Old 6/16/06, 06:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by PACETTR

Counting on you to house his family? Is YOUR family counting on you to feed THEM? That $100000 could go a long way towards a college education. Where is the common sense around here. Economics be ****ed, i guess?

Not for me to provide the housing myself. When I promised him the house at said price, he committed to housing his family there. He likely has sold his current house. If I pull the rug out from under him, he is on the street and frantically searching for a home.

I feed my family just fine. Sure I'd love to have an extra $100,000, but, not at the expense of a relationship with a co-worker.

I guess that is why you are a car salesman and I am not. I care about people and what happens to them.

edit: No offense to the good guys. My bitterness only extends to the ones that screw their customers and/or defend the practice.

Quick Reply: Ford dealers are really P*ssing me off