Cost of GT500

Search this Thread

Old 7/8/08 | 06:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by jpro
I'm curious then, where do you see slightly used prices being about a year from now?

I honestly think a year from now $35k-$38k will be commonplace with these cars. Several guys on teamshelby have sold their cars for $40k and like I posted earlier, one went for $35k.

There are a few holdouts here though. We still have a few dealerships trying to get $10-$12k over sticker here. I looked at one last week. All you have to do is look on autotrader, Ebay, etc and watch the prices falling. Again, there are a few still trying to get $$$$$$ over msrp, even used ones, but those are becoming fewer and fewer.
Old 7/8/08 | 08:12 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by OKLACOP
I honestly think a year from now $35k-$38k will be commonplace with these cars. Several guys on teamshelby have sold their cars for $40k and like I posted earlier, one went for $35k.

There are a few holdouts here though. We still have a few dealerships trying to get $10-$12k over sticker here. I looked at one last week. All you have to do is look on autotrader, Ebay, etc and watch the prices falling. Again, there are a few still trying to get $$$$$$ over msrp, even used ones, but those are becoming fewer and fewer.
I hope you are right...I'd love to get my hands on one.
Old 7/9/08 | 06:38 AM
Team Mustang Source

I hope you are right...I'd love to get my hands on one.
Me too!
Old 7/9/08 | 07:58 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by clinck
I paid MSRP for my car in April....I wasn't happy with that deal either but they had originally asked $13,000 over. I told them politely that I couldn't pay more than sticker and they asked if I would buy the car today, like right now if they relented..I said yes and the car is in the garage with a whopping 245 miles on the odo.
I will eventually get around to driving the car a bit.....maybe.... someday. I sure do a lot of garage polishing though......
If you want a car like this then go buy it..there's always going to be fuel to fill the tank in your lifetime. it may be pricey but hey, nobody said fun was cheap. in fact, fun has never been cheap when it came to automotive stuff...nature of the beast I guess.....
I'm not trying to bash you, but you need to drive your car...its what it was made for. Drives me nuts the people that have the GT500 who still have the plastic on it and are keeping them in air tight ziplock containers in their kitchen cupboards. Take her out and let her stretch her legs...she will love it.
Old 7/28/08 | 12:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm not trying to bash you, but you need to drive your car...its what it was made for. Drives me nuts the people that have the GT500 who still have the plastic on it and are keeping them in air tight ziplock containers in their kitchen cupboards. Take her out and let her stretch her legs...she will love it.
I agree with that as well. Though I can't fault someone for wanting to keep their car in pristine condition. These cars, however, were made to rip the asphault right off the road.

On topic again though, I just came from Maroone Ford in Miami (these guys are amazing) and they had 4 GT500s on the showroom floor for MSRP, no markup. 2 Convertibles and 2 coupes, all for around 43-46k. I seriously contemplated working out a deal, but decided against even entertaining the thought since I just got engaged.... now I wish I coudl get that ring back