Clutch noise issues!help

Search this Thread

Old 6/29/11, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clutch noise issues!help

I have a 2007 shelbyGt 500 that I recently bought with only 15,000km and it makes a noise when I'm letting out the clutch in 1st gear or in reverse. It sounds like a belt squeal. I hope I'm not going to have to buy a cluch, or it something serious. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Old 6/30/11, 05:50 PM

These are my toys!
Attached Images      
Old 6/30/11, 11:29 PM

More pictures of my cars!
Attached Images     
Old 7/7/11, 08:20 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by sneakymeaky
I have a 2007 shelbyGt 500 that I recently bought with only 15,000km and it makes a noise when I'm letting out the clutch in 1st gear or in reverse. It sounds like a belt squeal. I hope I'm not going to have to buy a cluch, or it something serious. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Just to clarify, it isn't a hssing sound is it?

The biggest problem with the 07 to early 09 GT500 is the flywheel warping if it has the first gen flywheel and clutch. The clutch itself is great but riding the clutch or getting stuck in heavy stop and go traffic can play hell on it.

I had thought that the problem in mine was the same but the I found the flywheel and engine side disc to be in great shape while the tranmission side disc in the clutch had been slipping, turns out I should have pressed the pedal all the way to the floor like the manual said instead of just depressing it enough to shift.

How many miles are on the car? I certainly reccomend having them check it out if your warranty is still active just in case it might be covered.
Old 7/11/11, 09:57 PM

No warranty left. You can hear a small hiss sound but when you release the clutch but it's real minor. It's just that annoying belt like squeal that comes from the transmission only when you take off in first gear or in reverse. I think it may be the throw out bearing but I'm not sure.
Old 11/3/11, 02:41 PM

My '08 GT500 makes the same hiss. If I let out the clutch real real slow it seems to go away. To me it almost sounds like a hydraulic noise. I'm not worrying about it as the clutch system seems to be working fine.
Old 11/4/11, 07:02 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by SnakeMaster
My '08 GT500 makes the same hiss. If I let out the clutch real real slow it seems to go away. To me it almost sounds like a hydraulic noise. I'm not worrying about it as the clutch system seems to be working fine.
Hi SnakeMaster,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Customer Service. I recommend you keep your Ford dealer informed of any noises/concerns with your vehicle. If you ever have any questions, please PM me. I’m here to help. Have a good one!

Deysha
Old 11/9/11, 10:31 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by sneakymeaky
No warranty left. You can hear a small hiss sound but when you release the clutch but it's real minor. It's just that annoying belt like squeal that comes from the transmission only when you take off in first gear or in reverse. I think it may be the throw out bearing but I'm not sure.
Now that you describe it <edit> I've read your post a bit closer <edit>, I have the same problem when I pull away from a stop sometimes.

I havent figured it out yet so color me interested in what it is?

I dont care for my current clutch install since the shop that did it didn't lube the input shaft per Ford's manual (it was an independant shop - was pissed at Ford until I found out the actualy problem with my clutch) which has accelerated the demise of the brand new throwout bearing I had installed at the same time so I'm planning a new clutch install in the near future. If I dont see an update before then, I'll post my findings.

One of my brothers thinks it might possibly be the pilot bearing, but thats a shot in the dark?????????
Old 12/1/11, 04:10 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The hiss sound is normal.
Old 2/9/12, 09:39 PM

change the clutch to spec 2+ with flywheel, the clutch in mine 08 went out at 9,000miles, but the hiss sound is normal for gt 500, never had a clutch replaced until this one. 3rd mustang and 2 corvettes all manual trans.
Old 2/8/16, 05:41 PM

hi guys im new here i got a 2010 v6 turbo 14psi stock internal stage4 spec cluch whit spec aluminum flywheel stell brade line for the cluch new cluch pump for it in other word i upgrade all on it and still cant get my cluch to grib right is always skipin this is the 3rd set of cluch i buy i have a stage 3 plus on it and a duofriction on it and all give me the same problem any halp plz?