07 Cobra Pricing Directly From FMCDealer.com

Search this Thread

Old 6/13/06, 09:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe those Toy's will have some good cars since they are "moving forward," call me when they make a supra that puts out 500hp and (around) 500tq and I'll pay 25K for it. (b/c Toyoda's cars aren't worth what they want since they'll break in 5 years)
Old 6/13/06, 02:14 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by DrunkenDragon713
Maybe those Toy's will have some good cars since they are "moving forward," call me when they make a supra that puts out 500hp and (around) 500tq and I'll pay 25K for it. (b/c Toyoda's cars aren't worth what they want since they'll break in 5 years)
Obviously you have never owned a Toyota. I had one for six years and never had anything go wrong with it. I have had more problems with EVERY American car that I have ever owned than I had with both of my Toyota's combined.

But I still want a freakin Shelby.
Old 6/13/06, 02:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by n3cr0mncr
Obviously you have never owned a Toyota. I had one for six years and never had anything go wrong with it. I have had more problems with EVERY American car that I have ever owned than I had with both of my Toyota's combined.

I guess Honda's don't apply because so far I've had more problems with my 2003 Accord Coupe then my 05 Mustang GT.
Old 6/13/06, 02:48 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by bpmurr
I guess Honda's don't apply because so far I've had more problems with my 2003 Accord Coupe then my 05 Mustang GT.
Never had one, but my Aunt and Uncle had no problems with their Accord until they had it for over nine years and had put over 150,000 miles on it.
Old 6/13/06, 02:54 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by korinwoodo
Whats the over the top stripe BS?
Starts at the hood and ends just under the third brake light.
Attachment 2159Attachment 2160

"Over The Top"
Attached Images   
Old 6/16/06, 11:08 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
What's different about those stripes and the ones they've offered on the last two model years?
Old 6/17/06, 05:58 AM

About 30 grand.
Old 6/17/06, 12:27 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
"Over the Top" was a Great Movie......uh...NOT
Old 6/17/06, 02:01 PM
Cobra Member

I see both sides of the battle. Mustang buyers are usually not overflowing with disposable income and Dealers and their sales consultants are in the business of making money for themselves and their families.

We live in a capitolist based society and I see no problem with whoever charging whatever the market will bare. Thats how the economy is driven.

If you have the money to buy what you really really want then do what you want with it.

If you really want something bad enough you will find a way to afford it.

If you just cant come up with the money the Dealers are asking then just wait around and dont complain so much about it, you just dont want it bad enough.

Dealer markups are based on known demand for a vehicle, stop looking at it as a way for the Dealer to screw the customer.

When I went searching for my GT in October of '04 I first tried my "hook-ups" within the industry to see if I could get a "better" price. Note that I didnt use the word "fair". I was given X-plan pricing but that was because I was a friend of several of the employees, I would have gladly purchased my car at a "fair" price but I didnt end up having to.

For my car I would have defined fair as $33,000, nearly 6k over what I bought the car for minus all that tax and documentation hoohaw.

-Dan
Old 6/17/06, 02:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Never had one, but my Aunt and Uncle had no problems with their Accord until they had it for over nine years and had put over 150,000 miles on it.
My Acura went back to the dealer for warranty service far more than any of my Ford's ever did.
Old 6/17/06, 02:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Cleveland
I see both sides of the battle. Mustang buyers are usually not overflowing with disposable income and Dealers and their sales consultants are in the business of making money for themselves and their families.

We live in a capitolist based society and I see no problem with whoever charging whatever the market will bare. Thats how the economy is driven.

If you have the money to buy what you really really want then do what you want with it.

If you really want something bad enough you will find a way to afford it.

If you just cant come up with the money the Dealers are asking then just wait around and dont complain so much about it, you just dont want it bad enough.

Dealer markups are based on known demand for a vehicle, stop looking at it as a way for the Dealer to screw the customer.

When I went searching for my GT in October of '04 I first tried my "hook-ups" within the industry to see if I could get a "better" price. Note that I didnt use the word "fair". I was given X-plan pricing but that was because I was a friend of several of the employees, I would have gladly purchased my car at a "fair" price but I didnt end up having to.

For my car I would have defined fair as $33,000, nearly 6k over what I bought the car for minus all that tax and documentation hoohaw.

-Dan
On the day I ordered my 05 Mustang GT (10/20/04) I saw an ad in the LA Times from a dealership in So Cal offering an 05 Mustang, and when I called them I was told $3,000 over MSRP. My next call was to the Internet Sales Manager at the dealer I bought my car, placed the order at X-Plan and drove it home just after Christmas 04.

While waiting for my car to arrive I stopped and looked at a few 05's on the lot (one was Sonic Blue, but didn't have the options I ordered)...and the dealer was asking $5,000 over MSRP. I decided that the wait would be worth it to get what I ordered...and at a better price.
-------------------------
Remember in the Summer/Fall of 04 when seeing an 05 Mustang on the road was rare...and many people paid over MSRP to have the 1st 05 in the area, and in June of 06 you see them all over the place...and the same thing will happen with the Shelby...people will pay whatever it takes to get the car NOW, then when the car starts selling at MSRP or below they won't be happy.
Old 6/17/06, 06:51 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Mike McRann
On the day I ordered my 05 Mustang GT (10/20/04) I saw an ad in the LA Times from a dealership in So Cal offering an 05 Mustang, and when I called them I was told $3,000 over MSRP. My next call was to the Internet Sales Manager at the dealer I bought my car, placed the order at X-Plan and drove it home just after Christmas 04.

While waiting for my car to arrive I stopped and looked at a few 05's on the lot (one was Sonic Blue, but didn't have the options I ordered)...and the dealer was asking $5,000 over MSRP. I decided that the wait would be worth it to get what I ordered...and at a better price.
-------------------------
Remember in the Summer/Fall of 04 when seeing an 05 Mustang on the road was rare...and many people paid over MSRP to have the 1st 05 in the area, and in June of 06 you see them all over the place...and the same thing will happen with the Shelby...people will pay whatever it takes to get the car NOW, then when the car starts selling at MSRP or below they won't be happy.
Even though you ordered yours a few days prior to mine both of our cars were delivered on the same day. I would have gladly bought off the lot cause I had already been waiting 3 years for the car but it would have had to be the exact car I ended up ordering.

The Shelby is just that, A SHELBY, the name brings a lot of attention and it will be THE CAR for years to come IMO. If I had the money to spend and I really wanted to be the first to own one I would just look for the Dealer that had the lowest markup in the area and not complain about it as I was signing the finance agreement.

Dont blame the Dealers, blame the people willing to spend that kind of money, they are the ones driving our economy and the markets.

-Dan
Old 6/17/06, 07:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Cleveland
Dont blame the Dealers, blame the people willing to spend that kind of money, they are the ones driving our economy and the markets.

-Dan
I have seen this argument several times and have answered the same each time. It is partly due to the buyers willing to pay that. But, why do they pay that? Because the dealers are making them think they won't get one unless they pay it. Trust me, these people aren't paying 20+ grand over for a car just to be first. They are afraid they won't get one at all.
Old 6/20/06, 07:57 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by crazyhorse
I have seen this argument several times and have answered the same each time. It is partly due to the buyers willing to pay that. But, why do they pay that? Because the dealers are making them think they won't get one unless they pay it. Trust me, these people aren't paying 20+ grand over for a car just to be first. They are afraid they won't get one at all.
In the gasoline industry it is called "price fixing or gouging". This is where the gas stations work together and push the prices up even though supply does not warrant the price increase (demand in this case is fixed). Right now all of the dealerships (while they may not be meeting with each other to set the price) have established a standard markup on the Shelby. Everyone is saying that there should be regulations enforced by Ford to end this, but why don't a few people come together and try to get the federal gov't. after them for gouging. It will get just as much done as all of the jawing that is going on....and it may make some dealers think twice about marking these things up to exactly what the dealer across town is charging.

I am fully aware of the fact that there are a bunch of holes in this (like the fact that gasoline is necessary and a Shelby is a luxury) but hey, it may be worth a shot.
Old 6/20/06, 10:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

I won't blame the dealers for markups if they don't blame me for not doing any future business with them.

I keep hearing "if somebody offered you more $ for your car than it's value, what would you do?" The problem with that is I'm not in the business of selling cars, so I don't need to build the respect and reputation of a person selling a used car. That's not my livelihood.

So if the dealer wants to stuff his pockets, he shouldn't get upset about the lost future business that comes with it. He's free to charge more, and we're free to go elsewhere. That simple.
Old 6/21/06, 08:01 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by crazyhorse
It's the Ford reps that are telling the dealers they should get big ADMs. I have had several dealers tell me the rep told them they should be able to get X amount over sticker.
More then likely to increase dealer orders and not just already sold ordered cars. This car will be a hard sell once the "thrill" wears off just like the older cobra. My friend bought an 04 cobra for dealer cost. These cars carry a gas guzzler tax and given that they are a 93 oct. only car I don't see the average guy willing to buy them. After all once the rape charge dies off the Cobra will be in the 40 to 50K range which is well within reason for most, start to factor in the cost of gas and rising prices and you will have plenty left on delaer lots. Enjoy the additional sticker now dealer owners youwill need it to make up when your selling them below MSRP in 4 months.
Old 6/21/06, 08:11 AM
Cobra Member

Not for nothing but I guess my former 03 Tacoma, both my Dad's Avalons, and my Mom's Land Cruiser don't count either. They all have/had more severe problems them my 06 V6. It is true that American cars were not up to snuff across the board through the late 80's into the late 90's but that is no longer true.