2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Workaround for memory seats?

Search this Thread

Old 8/6/12, 03:15 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Yes.....to me both seats need to be electric too.....but that is for wife's comfort. Mine needs to be electric so I can get various positions due to bad back. I do not like the fact that when getting in the back, the seat does not have a manual override to slide it full forward....but I still drive the car...lol

I can just see it now....some person kneeling outside his open car door measuring the seat location in 10 different locations and the trying it out. Wrong....redo again...test....in the mean time, the SO has gone to dinner alone and returned. Does the measuring take into account the amount of foam crushing that does not return after time? What about if one spends a dollar from their wallet....better re-adjust...

As far as sourcing different seats....I would imagine the memory system is not contained in the seat but in one of the computers on board.
Old 8/6/12, 03:24 PM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AzPete

As far as sourcing different seats....I would imagine the memory system is not contained in the seat but in one of the computers on board.
I often wondered where this information is kept. I also wndered why no one ever cam up with the rear view and outside mirror adjustments for "his/her" along with the seat position memory for "his/her".
Old 8/9/12, 07:15 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by denlem
I'm curious to know why someone else besides you has to drive it through a car wash? Around here, the attendant directs you onto the track, tells you to put it in neutral and away you go. The driver never leaves the car.
Same here - at least years ago, the last time I let a car wash like that near any of my vehicles.

One time, long deep scratch along almost the entire roof. Clearly a mechanical malfunction of the machines. Of course "they're not responsible for damage".

Another time, mysteriously the line stops with my car inside. I realized it was just long enough for the slimy attendant to get into my car and relieve it of any valuables he could find.
Complain to management and they won't really DO anything, but did offer me coupons for free car washes. Yeah, THAT will solve my problem.

From then on I kept a bait $20 bill with the serial # recorded - of course that was never taken and I stopped going anyway. That is until the dealership did me a favor one time and had my car washed by the same dam place! I was livid, especially when I saw the swirl scratches on my black car.

Funny, the exact same car wash appeared a while later on tv, one of those "problem solver" news programs hid a camera in their car and busted the place.

I've never allowed a valey to park my car either. It's simply a service I don't need.
Old 8/9/12, 08:36 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Getportfolio

The worst part was the second after it happened. All the people standing around saying oohh! and looking at each other to see who's car it was and thanking the heavens that it wasn't theirs.

The real anger hit me when the insurance company/body shop told me it was a total out.
Theres no question I woulda punched that fool if he was smiling like that, after totalling my sh*t. I wanna punch him right now and I have nothing to do with it, lol.
Old 8/10/12, 10:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
Yes, there are worse things that could happen. The Wash Tub Car Wash in San Antonio, TX totaled out my 2004 Mach 1. Black on black. Darn it, I loved that car. The kid who crashed into said "My foot slipped" and smiled.

btw: Notice the big Lexus SUV that killed her. Respectfully, Thank your lucky stars and consider washing it yourself.
At least your car went out looking good!
Old 8/10/12, 11:03 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Sky Hye
There's your problem, never let anyone wash your car. Save the money and invest in some cleaning tools and do it yourself. Your paint will thank you.
The guys here don't have to move your car. You drive it in, they vacuum, wash, and dry and you drive it out. The problem is they move the seat to vacuum. Despite me asking not to move the seat they do it anyway claiming they need to clean under it. I think they looking for loose change. Car washes here are very cheap compared to the USA and I had gotten lazy. Up until about two months ago I had not washed a car in over 10 years. They don't wash as well as even your worst car wash in the US. So, I collected what I needed and I started washing my own and WOW I forgot how much fun it was. Not to mention I get a little exercise out the deal.
Old 8/12/12, 12:28 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Dfink114

At least your car went out looking good!
Very sad day. I miss the shaker.

Last edited by Getportfolio; 8/12/12 at 12:31 PM.
Old 8/12/12, 02:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Bucko
I often wondered where this information is kept. I also wndered why no one ever cam up with the rear view and outside mirror adjustments for "his/her" along with the seat position memory for "his/her".
My wife's Envoy has memory for seat position, outside mirrors, HVAC settings and radio settings. And it cost about the same as my Mustang.