Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JJ@WMS
You asked for it, you get it.

JJ
Awesome, much better.
Old 5/17/10, 12:14 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It would be nice to have a tuner that tells you the exact #'s for different mods and not exaggerate them just to sell parts. These parts are not cheap and a lot of us dish out big money. I think being honest will get you more business than inflating #'s. I remember Steeda saying their CAI and tune would add 38 rwhp. Never seen a car with it on even come close.
Old 5/17/10, 12:41 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by t-ray
Thanks for posting the RPM plot.

Have you made any pulls in 4th? I don't care that the absolute numbers say, but I would like to see what happens after peak HP without the speed governor kicking in.
No I did not bother to do any 4th gear pulls as I feel they arent really needed and wouldnt do much to show anything different then we already know about this combination.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the support.

Currently I am not a vendor here on this site but will make the inquiry ASAP on how to do exactly that. I dont want to offend the current vendors so bear with me while I get more information on how to support the site.

JJ
Old 5/17/10, 01:00 PM
FR500 Member

JJ, would you be willing to post numbers for a tune with no other mods? I would love to see what the baseline tuning gains could be.
Old 5/17/10, 01:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by The Reverend
I wonder what a intake manifold with delete plates would look like.
\

there are no 'plates' in these manifolds
Old 5/17/10, 01:22 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by PTRocks
JJ, would you be willing to post numbers for a tune with no other mods? I would love to see what the baseline tuning gains could be.
Once tuning support is available I will surely post up the results. Most likely the first test will be the MMR CAI and its reported 21hp gain with no tune needed. I'm hoping thats true. I would love to see 400 at the rear wheels with just a CAI.

SCT is working very hard to get support released soon and they are behind me 100% at being one of the first to get it.

JJ
Old 5/17/10, 01:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Once tuning support is available I will surely post up the results. Most likely the first test will be the MMR CAI and its reported 21hp gain with no tune needed. I'm hoping thats true. I would love to see 400 at the rear wheels with just a CAI.

SCT is working very hard to get support released soon and they are behind me 100% at being one of the first to get it.

JJ
That would be huge for you, no doubt. Good luck.
Old 5/17/10, 01:44 PM
FR500 Member

JJ
Just to make sure I understand, which of the following tests are you thinking of doing?
1) Baseline: Stock motor - stock tune -> done
2) CAI only: bolt-on CAI - stock tune
3) CAI and tune: bolt-on CAI - WMS tune
4) Tune only: stock motor - WMS tune

I am really curious about #4 because we always see CAI and tune combined, thus it's impossible to tell how much performance comes from the CAI and how much from the tune. Test #2 will give us some indication, but #4 may also show us the worth (or lack thereof) of getting both CAI and tune, when tune alone may be sufficient.
Old 5/17/10, 02:22 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by PTRocks
Just to make sure I understand, which of the following tests are you thinking of doing?
1) Baseline: Stock motor - stock tune -> done
2) CAI only: bolt-on CAI - stock tune
3) CAI and tune: bolt-on CAI - WMS tune
4) Tune only: stock motor - WMS tune

I am really curious about #4 because we always see CAI and tune combined, thus it's impossible to tell how much performance comes from the CAI and how much from the tune. Test #2 will give us some indication, but #4 may also show us the worth (or lack thereof) of getting both CAI and tune, when tune alone may be sufficient.
Yes, I plan on doing it pretty much in that sequence. It will only take a matter of minutes to swap out the CAI's and as long as any CAI that I test does not use a larger MAF housing, which would require a totally different tune, then I will use the same tune for each test. If it does require a different MAF XFer function due to a larger MAF housing I will keep all of the other items in the tune the same. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this calibration to see what can be unlocked power wise while maintaining a safe and reliable tune.

JJ
Old 5/17/10, 02:23 PM
GT Member

You asked for it, you get it.

JJ
Thank you!
Bob
Old 5/17/10, 02:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

After a 20 minute roadtest the WMS 2011 5.0 GT was strapped down to the dyno and made 3 back to back to back dyno pulls with 2 minutes in between each pull. 3:73 gears and dyno'd in 5th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMUyrUyuQOU

Right in line with what everyone else that uses a dynojet is getting for numbers. I am very impressed with this engine combination and will be doing more to it over the next couple of weeks.

JJ
Nice numbers!

However, now I'm more worried as to why my car dyno'd so low across the board on that same dyno.

https://themustangsource.com/showthread.php?t=482020

https://themustangsource.com/showthread.php?t=482061

Last edited by bpmurr; 5/17/10 at 03:03 PM.
Old 5/17/10, 02:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by bpmurr
Nice numbers! However, now I'm more worried as to why my car dyno'd so low across the board on that same dyno.

Friday Motor?
Old 5/17/10, 03:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by pony racer
Friday Motor?

Who knows, I'm sure JJ will get to the bottom of it. I'm heading over to his place in a few. Getting the car ready for Cruisin Ocean City on Thursday.
Old 5/17/10, 03:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Hopefully they figure it out for ya. I'm hoping I get chance to head down to OC this weekend and see your car first hand!
Old 5/17/10, 03:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Honestly, im a firm believer in the wednesday motor..

my 95 was a wed. my 2011 will be..

my 88 camaro was built on a friday. had the car for 3 years and put 38000 miles.. in that time i blew 2 motors, 2 rearends, 3 clutches, 6 transmissions. i bought it in 89 with 5000 miles on the odometer.. the car spent more time at the dealer than on the road.

did i beat on it/.. yes.. but i put the mustang through ALOT worse, and only blew the tranny one time. which got switched out for the TREMEC.

also had to friends that were twins.. their parents bought them both an 89LX notch backs for graduation.. same options 3.08 rears all stock.. one was built on wed.. the other on a monday.. the one that was built on wed was always faster by about .2ths in 1/4 no matter who was driving it. running an average of 14.0-14.1's at the time. STOCK. the monday averaged about 14.3-14.4 stock..

maybe it doesnt happen now, but back then was definatly something to think about.. u can usually find the date of build on the old 5.0s on the left side of the intake.. have to look really close near the lower intake was usually stamped with a blueish/purple color die.
Old 5/17/10, 03:59 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Nice numbers!
Old 5/17/10, 04:06 PM
FR500 Member

Yes, I plan on doing it pretty much in that sequence. It will only take a matter of minutes to swap out the CAI's and as long as any CAI that I test does not use a larger MAF housing, which would require a totally different tune, then I will use the same tune for each test. If it does require a different MAF XFer function due to a larger MAF housing I will keep all of the other items in the tune the same. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this calibration to see what can be unlocked power wise while maintaining a safe and reliable tune.

JJ
Sweet! I'm looking forward to the results. I love it when people are systematic with their testing. The results are much more credible.
Old 5/17/10, 04:40 PM
GT Member

Honestly, im a firm believer in the wednesday motor..

my 95 was a wed. my 2011 will be..

my 88 camaro was built on a friday. had the car for 3 years and put 38000 miles.. in that time i blew 2 motors, 2 rearends, 3 clutches, 6 transmissions. i bought it in 89 with 5000 miles on the odometer.. the car spent more time at the dealer than on the road.

did i beat on it/.. yes.. but i put the mustang through ALOT worse, and only blew the tranny one time. which got switched out for the TREMEC.

also had to friends that were twins.. their parents bought them both an 89LX notch backs for graduation.. same options 3.08 rears all stock.. one was built on wed.. the other on a monday.. the one that was built on wed was always faster by about .2ths in 1/4 no matter who was driving it. running an average of 14.0-14.1's at the time. STOCK. the monday averaged about 14.3-14.4 stock..

maybe it doesnt happen now, but back then was definatly something to think about.. u can usually find the date of build on the old 5.0s on the left side of the intake.. have to look really close near the lower intake was usually stamped with a blueish/purple color die.

......I guess this rules out any Challengers built in early 2009.
Old 5/17/10, 04:43 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by bpmurr
Nice numbers!

However, now I'm more worried as to why my car dyno'd so low across the board on that same dyno.

https://themustangsource.com/showthread.php?t=482020

https://themustangsource.com/showthread.php?t=482061

Dynos are nothing more than a tuning tool my friend.

Quick Reply: WMS 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 dyno results!!!