Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Without Further Ado

Search this Thread

Old 8/9/10, 07:38 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fritzOSU03
I picked up one of these on my way home from work today. It came out to $150 + tax. It will likely be the weekend before I have pics of it installed since the entire bumper need to be removed and it's still 99 outside at 6:30 here in good old Texas. BTW, this is the extension from the Ford accessories website.
You're going to have to get some BIG exhaust tips to fill up those exhaust cut-outs in that GT500 valance, they are bigger than the ones in the GT or V6 valance.
Old 8/9/10, 09:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
You're going to have to get some BIG exhaust tips to fill up those exhaust cut-outs in that GT500 valance, they are bigger than the ones in the GT or V6 valance.
Thanks for reminding me to check this. I was under this same impression but it turns out that both rear bumper extensions have 6" diameter openings. I got off lucky on this one. Larger tips necessary, no. Desired, yes.
Old 8/9/10, 09:24 PM
GTR Member

Thanks for reminding me to check this. I was under this same impression but it turns out that both rear bumper extensions have 6" diameter openings. I got off lucky on this one. Larger tips necessary, no. Desired, yes.
Hmmm...

Have to quit going by rumors I hear or read.

Those V6 cars still need better exhaust tips, I really don't like the stock ones at all. Why they make them where you can see the innner pipe so easily and why they made them so small.

Of course, new axle-back exhaust would be number one on the mod list if I were to get a new Mustang.

I think that the MRT SS axle-back for the V6 is the best sounding one I have heard, would be high on my list. It comes with 3.5" tips but they will put 4" tips on for you for some extra $$$.

Last edited by Ltngdrvr; 8/9/10 at 09:26 PM.
Old 8/9/10, 09:26 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

LOVE IT!!!
Old 8/9/10, 09:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

This may be my favorite V6 yet. Clean and subtle, just the way I like 'em!
Old 8/9/10, 10:54 PM
I am Shauny Clause
MOTM July 2010 Winner

car looks great. Those MCA wheels tug at my heart strings I LOVE THEM!
Old 8/10/10, 03:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
James have you listened to the Corsa exhaust I posted in the V6 section? I think it tops them all. That is, until Borla puts a decent vid out. I really want to hear the Roush O/R exhaust on a V6 though.
Old 8/10/10, 07:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for the compliments fellas, it's a (very slow $$) work in progress.
Old 8/10/10, 07:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
James have you listened to the Corsa exhaust I posted in the V6 section? I think it tops them all. That is, until Borla puts a decent vid out. I really want to hear the Roush O/R exhaust on a V6 though.
I like the Corsa system but I'm kind of hung up on the MRT system. It sounds like it has a bit deeper sound. I'm still looking forward to Borla doing something. Hopefully it won't be a video showing them doing a burnout like the last one (I think that was Borla).

Last edited by fritzOSU03; 8/10/10 at 07:08 AM.
Old 8/10/10, 07:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
Those V6 cars still need better exhaust tips, I really don't like the stock ones at all. Why they make them where you can see the innner pipe so easily and why they made them so small.
I've got the 6 M/T so mine are the one-piece pipes but they're still only 3.5" diameter which looks slightly small in those big openings. They're also 304 stainless so the chrome tips on the Corsa system (with the Corsa engraving) really have my eye if they're any larger. There's a Corsa dealer about 10 miles from my home that I may need to visit this weekend.
Old 8/10/10, 08:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Yeah I was stuck on the MRT exhaust until I heard the Corsa. On my computer speakers/sub I liked the Corsa better, but I still like both. Borla was the one doing the donuts haha. I hope they release a normal vid soon.
Old 8/10/10, 08:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

I really like MagnaFlow Competition Series (the one with mufflers) but not sure if it will be too loud.
Old 8/10/10, 09:12 AM
Bullitt Member

That is one sexy ride man. Love the deep black look.
Old 8/10/10, 09:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by HokieCodeMonkey
That is one sexy ride man. Love the deep black look.
Thanks. That deep black (deep enough to swim in) is tough to maintain. I'm wearing my buffer out on the weekends but it's worth it.
Old 8/10/10, 10:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks. That deep black (deep enough to swim in) is tough to maintain. I'm wearing my buffer out on the weekends but it's worth it.
Well quit fapping and wash your car.

I bought a costco sized package of microfiber towels. I've just been washing with water and the towls for now. I haven't used claybar or waxed yet but I think I'm going to do a hardcore wash and clean this weekend. The red isn't too hard to maintain but I get some black buildup behind the side scoops, and the black matte trunk tape gathers dust very quickly. I usually have a set of dust prints from closing my trunk that I have to wipe off with my shirt sometimes. Other than that the Race Red has been fairly easy to clean.
Old 8/13/10, 06:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

It's time for an update. I finally got the GT/CS (or GT500 if you will) rear diffuser installed this evening on my MCA. It took about an hour...with limited tools...in a 105 degree Texas garage. This really makes me wonder why my dealer wanted $200-$300 to install this thing if it only took me an hour to install by myself and I've never done any of my own body work before (I know, that's what she said) on any of my cars.

Anyhoo, here are some pics. If anyone has any questions about installing a rear diffuser on one of these, now's the time while it's still fresh in my mind.
Attached Thumbnails Without Further Ado-dsc00316.jpg   Without Further Ado-dsc00317.jpg   Without Further Ado-dsc00318.jpg   Without Further Ado-dsc00319.jpg   Without Further Ado-dsc00320.jpg  

Old 8/13/10, 10:57 PM
Bullitt Member

holy **** 18 weeks!?!?! thats the longest wait ive ever heard of from anyone who ordered a car before!

its a nice looking ride there by the way

P.S. I love the neighborhood you live in. Your car will looks great there.
Old 8/14/10, 06:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Yes, did you use any instructions? Any tricky steps?

Big noticeable difference? - mines been sitting in my living room for 2 months now. lol
Old 8/14/10, 07:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by GJM20115.0
Yes, did you use any instructions? Any tricky steps?

Big noticeable difference? - mines been sitting in my living room for 2 months now. lol
I used these Roush instructions that someone posted on here a while back. They were a lifesaver. It says you'll need a stubby screwdriver. Unfortunately, a stubby screwdriver is still too tall. You really need a 1/4" drive ratchet with a 1/4" socket and a phillips bit for the three screws in each quarter panel and this barely fits.

I picked up a forked upholstery tool from O'Reilly; best tool ever! You will need.

My only tip, have an extra person around at all times when the bumper is being removed from the car, moved around, or reattached to the car. It's like a big limp saw blade when it's not fastened down on the car. When you separate the extension from the bumper cover, the extension wants to stick out a little bit on the ends (loses it's shape a little bit). Considering the bumper cover is flimsy, it falls down inside the ends of the extension which leads to scratches in the painted cover.

It's only necessary to remove a couple of the wire fasteners on the back of the bumper cover, not all of them (you'll see what I mean when you get there).

One last thing. There are clips/snaps that hold the two pieces together in the middle (in the license plate area) that are difficult to set. I covered a 2-3" tupperware bowl with a microfiber cloth and placed it open side down on the carpet in my living room. Then, I put the bumper on the carpeted floor face down so that the bowl was directly beneath the first snap. This gave me a nice surface to me to press hard against from the back side of the bumper to get the snaps to engage.

All in all, it looks great and for only $150 it's a good investment. I hope this helps to make yours even easier to install.
Attached Files
Old 8/14/10, 07:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Dreamtheory
holy **** 18 weeks!?!?! thats the longest wait ive ever heard of from anyone who ordered a car before!

its a nice looking ride there by the way

P.S. I love the neighborhood you live in. Your car will looks great there.
Thanks for the compliments. Yeah, about that 18 week wait, I made it apparently clear in my survey that that was completely unacceptable without any information along the way. I hope it doesn't happen to anyone else. I think rhans had to wait even longer IIRC.

Quick Reply: Without Further Ado