2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Window Sticker and Order Dont Match!

Search this Thread

Old 4/22/10 | 12:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

This thread has lead me to another dilemma......spoiler or no spoiler.

Thanks
Old 4/22/10 | 01:53 PM
V6 Member

Spoiler NOT deleted

Hey, the exact same thing happened to me, but I didn't change the order at all. I posted on this awhile back.

I believe the dealer screwed it up.

I went and looked at a 2010 in red candy with a spoiler and decided I can live with it. I had it built up in my mind as this huge ugly spoiler that is on japanese cars but it really isn't bad when looking at it live. I'd rather have a delete than not, but it isn't the end of the world for sure. Still a great looking car regardless!!
Old 4/22/10 | 02:58 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Gene K
How the crap can the lack of something be on restriction?
It reminds me of the joke where the guy orders a coffee with no milk and the waitress tells them they're out of milk and asks if he'd like one with no cream instead.
Old 4/26/10 | 01:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by rhans
Hey, the exact same thing happened to me, but I didn't change the order at all. I posted on this awhile back.

I believe the dealer screwed it up.
It was on the original order. I even had Customer Service pull up the order change history. The original order says "Less Spoiler" in the system. For some reason the assembly codes are totally different from the RPO Numbers. We can see the addition of 3.55 Gears in the system but are having a hard time deciphering exactly whether or not spoiler delete has been dropped. However best guess is it has. Guess I just have to wait and see what shows up.
Old 4/26/10 | 01:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

I understand your frustration, but of all the things that could've gotten messed up on the order, I have to say the spoiler is pretty far down the list of major FUBARs. I got the spoiler, but just so I could get the nifty back-up camera. Otherwise I don't think I really care whether it has a spoiler or not. That's just me, though.
Old 4/26/10 | 01:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by karman
You do realize there is painting involved with that.
It is way more than just popping on a wheel cover.
I prefer to have as little paint work done as possible on a brand new car.
Originally Posted by karman
He stated the dealer would gladly re-order, but he doesn't want to wait. Any other dealer would also be a re-order.
Therefore, yes he is stuck with it unless he wants to start the whole procedure over with his dealer or another.
Originally Posted by jarradasay
I do not believe the holes are drilled at all. They are stamped in the stamping process. Entirely different production runs. Ford estimates tooling capacity based on estimated production/sales. So they have the die rates and press runs set based on this. If there is a huge influx ie more people want trunk decks without holes, it bottle necks the production. Fords first priority is to get units out the door. Spare parts/service parts/ replacement parts come second.
That pretty much sums it up....

To many trunk lids with prestamped holes and to many spoiler delete cars. I have sort of a sneaky suspicion that Ford may be doing "stealth" modifications to orders. Hate to think that but I wonder... Especially when the same thing happened to Rhans without modifying the order. It might be real interesting if Rhans called customer service and had them pull up the order modification history on his file.

I either take the car that should be produced before noon today (7290 blend number) or get in the back of the line. That likely means another 30-60 days unless it slips into the midsummer plant shutdown which could push it close to 90 days.
Old 4/26/10 | 04:38 AM
Cobra Member

I would have the dealer remove it and fill in /paint the holes and call it a day.