Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Who will Like and Dislike the 2010

Search this Thread

Old 12/19/08, 10:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by karman
EVERY time I see a Honda CRV now, the first thing that comes to mind is 2010 Mustang rear end.
Attachment 67564
Ok...the black plastic is not an SUV only detail. You guys need to get over it and move on with your lives. True statement. (Ok, I had to get one in.)

There are more examples out there, but Audi came to my mind first:

Remember this?

Make it stop!

Now, don't make me have to go find a picture of a 90's Taurus, then you guys will really have something ugly to complain about...
Old 12/19/08, 10:28 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,071 Likes on 1,675 Posts
The issue isn't the black plastic itself. What most are complaining about, is that it sticks out past the rear bumper, similar to what an SUV rear fascia does.

On the other hand, if it were flush along the lines of the Shelby GT500 rear fascia. Then it would be far more acceptable IMHO
Old 12/19/08, 11:08 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

True statement.
The 2010 is an improvement over the 2005-2009 but exterior design could have been much better. Well see how well it sells and then I'll make a decision if it was a good refresh or a horrid (maybe even a so-so one. If I were to buy a 2010+, it would be for the interior and the 5.0 in 2011 exterior wise, I would modify it with aftermarket parts. Oh well, I need to get out of my fantasy.
The 2005-2009 was the closest car that I would steal to own.
Old 12/20/08, 01:43 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Big bottom, big bottom
Talk about bum cakes, my girl's got 'em
Big bottom drive me out of my mind
How could I leave this behind?

True statement.
Old 12/20/08, 08:50 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Now that is perfection!
Old 12/20/08, 09:03 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Fat Bottomed Girls, You Make The Rockin' World Go Round!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D99n9f3vU4
The Original! True Statement!

Last edited by TampaBear67; 12/20/08 at 09:09 AM.
Old 12/20/08, 11:01 AM
Team Mustang Source

[quote=watchdevil;5711206]

Now that is perfection![/quote

Well said! I agree
Old 12/20/08, 10:40 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,071 Likes on 1,675 Posts
as well.
Old 12/21/08, 12:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by MustangGuy
This is the dumbest thing I ever heard!! Yes the interior IS an improvement. But the exterior is NOT
That is not a Classic Mustang lovers idea of a rear end.
Mustang is not infallible, they too can make bad styling decisions. I will always love Mustangs but that will not blind me to the fact that overall, the '10 is NOT an improvement just a change. We will see if they correct the horrendous rear end in future years. Hope they abandon the SUV detailing and return to the true Mustang heritage.

Maybe they did this (Ugly black trim Bloated rear with floppy taillights) To lure ex SUV drivers into the Mustang! I do like the hips but given 2 choices, I would fore go the hips for a better styled rear.
MustangGuy: You're being waaayyyy too kind to the 2010!

Yes, the 2010 has lotsa improvements in the materials used in the interior--and anyone at Ford who enabled the upgraded interior materials deserves our thanks and appreciation. Good work!

But the exterior is a half-ankled (the Boomer anatomy police are watching my every keystroke)collection of mis-matched changes purely for the sake of change--thank God Ford wouldn't let the passenger area & roofline be changed so there's hope that the crap can be fixed in a future Mustang! With times being hard, the basic body/frame of the S197 may continue in use long into the future--far past the hoped-for "all-new" Mustang of 2014 or thereabouts...Luckily, the S197 is the best Mustang body/frame ever, so it should wear well over the years. It is the first Mustang whose exterior can be improved greatly with a crowbar--by ripping off the used Avalanche reject cladding anywhere it can be found, by ripping off that nasty faux gas cap and tinkling on it (the Boomer excretory gestapo have tapped my phone and bugged my keyboard), by ripping off those odious headlight bezel turnsignals (puke, gag, retch, fart), by ripping off that dorkstalk (which at least was moved to the rear fender--although why it couldn't be placed into the window glass as was done to many lesser cars in the last century is a mystery to me), and by ripping off that redneck riceboy hood bulge! A crowbar can't fix those repugnant taillights, but since you've already worked up a sweat ripping off the J.C. Whitney catalog crap, maybe you can cover them in several layers of McCain/Palin bumper stickers or somethin' and then polish off a coupla Singapore Slings in the shade--especially good if you've got a hammock...Better still, a hammock and a babe!

Greg "Eights" Ates
Old 12/21/08, 12:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by MustangGuy
This is the dumbest thing I ever heard!! Yes the interior IS an improvement. But the exterior is NOT
That is not a Classic Mustang lovers idea of a rear end.
Mustang is not infallible, they too can make bad styling decisions. I will always love Mustangs but that will not blind me to the fact that overall, the '10 is NOT an improvement just a change. We will see if they correct the horrendous rear end in future years. Hope they abandon the SUV detailing and return to the true Mustang heritage.

Maybe they did this (Ugly black trim Bloated rear with floppy taillights) To lure ex SUV drivers into the Mustang! I do like the hips but given 2 choices, I would fore go the hips for a better styled rear.
MustangGuy: You're being waaayyyy too kind to the 2010!

Yes, the 2010 has lotsa improvements in the materials used in the interior--and anyone at Ford who enabled the upgraded interior materials deserves our thanks and appreciation. Good work!

But the exterior is a half-ankled (the Boomer anatomy police are watching my every keystroke) collection of mis-matched changes purely for the sake of change--thank God Ford wouldn't let the passenger area & roofline be changed so there's hope that the crap can be fixed in a future Mustang! With times being hard, the basic body/frame of the S197 may continue in use long into the future--far past the hoped-for "all-new" Mustang of 2014 or thereabouts...Luckily, the S197 is the best Mustang body/frame ever, so it should wear well over the years. It is the first Mustang whose exterior can be improved greatly with a crowbar--by ripping off the used Avalanche reject cladding anywhere it can be found, by ripping off that nasty faux gas cap and tinkling on it (the Boomer excretory gestapo have tapped my phone and bugged my keyboard), by ripping off those odious headlight bezel turnsignals (puke, gag, retch, fart), by ripping off that dorkstalk (which at least was moved to the rear fender--although why it couldn't be placed into the window glass as was done to many lesser cars in the last century is a mystery to me), and by ripping off that redneck riceboy hood bulge! A crowbar can't fix those repugnant taillights, but since you've already worked up a sweat ripping off the J.C. Whitney catalog crap, maybe you can cover them in several layers of McCain/Palin bumper stickers or somethin' and then polish off a coupla Singapore Slings in the shade--especially good if you've got a hammock...Better still, Singapore Slings, a hammock, and a babe!

Greg "Eights" Ates

Last edited by Eights; 12/21/08 at 12:28 AM.
Old 12/21/08, 12:39 AM
Closet American

The 2010 Mustang is a beautiful automotive sculpture heaven sent from god.

True statement.

Old 12/21/08, 04:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The below statement is true
The above statement is false
Old 12/21/08, 04:33 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
The 2010 Mustang is a beautiful automotive sculpture heaven sent from god.

True statement.

I don't know about Heaven sent, or God's role in it's creation, but I do think it it is One Fine Piece of Sculpture. I mean Honestly, Look at the Beauty in the sculpting of the lines Flowing Down the Sides, the Gorgeous Curve of those Hips. How the Light and Shadow love to Dance and Play across the Strong Creases, and Sculpted Elements.

All True Statements.
Old 12/21/08, 05:46 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TampaBear67
I don't know about Heaven sent, or God's role in it's creation, but I do think it it is One Fine Piece of Sculpture. I mean Honestly, Look at the Beauty in the sculpting of the lines Flowing Down the Sides, the Gorgeous Curve of those Hips. How the Light and Shadow love to Dance and Play across the Strong Creases, and Sculpted Elements.

All True Statements.
For me, the side scupture of the 2010 is great although I have no preference if the "hop-up" was added to the door underneath the quarter window or not. I just take issue with the kinked taillamps and cellulite in spandex covered rear bumper fascia and some slight details of the front bumper cover.

The taillamps look ever so realistic on the 1/18 scale model as I have described the real life ones as looking like they are toylike from a model car kit. The new gold color looks muddy and greenish in certain light but if you get it in full daylight it is beautiful.

Last edited by watchdevil; 12/21/08 at 05:48 AM.
Old 12/21/08, 06:43 AM
Closet American

Originally Posted by watchdevil
The new gold color looks muddy and greenish in certain light but if you get it in full daylight it is beautiful.
It's the same with Redfire - on a dark, overcast day, it's kind of a dull, burgundy color, but the moment you get it out into a bright sunny day, it's a rich and vibrant red with - appropriately enough - a bit of a fiery quality to it.
Old 12/21/08, 07:01 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I'm was happy as a peach with my 2005 GT then I seen a 2007 gt/cs vert got it & the only two things I like about 2010 is that it will have the sync system and the interior doesn't look too bad either - True Statement.
Old 12/21/08, 07:05 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
[quote=MustangGuy;5711243]
Originally Posted by watchdevil

Now that is perfection![/quote

Well said! I agree
Yah & why fix it if it ain't broken ?
Old 12/21/08, 07:55 AM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
This thread is a Fail.<---True statement

Old 12/21/08, 08:12 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by TampaBear67

All True Statements.

Shawn - I agree with you, mate. Those are some of the best photos of the 2010 yet, and I love the way the light and shadow caress gorgeous creases and curves of the revised body. I soooooooo, want want to park next to my '05. However...................

JUST STOP POSTING SUCH HUGE PICTURES - IT TAKES MINUTES TO LOAD THE PAGE EACH TIME!!!
Old 12/21/08, 08:16 AM
Team Mustang Source

Smile

Originally Posted by adrenalin
Oh god, not another one of these threads. Several polls out there already.
Thinking the same thing -

Quick Reply: Who will Like and Dislike the 2010