Search this Thread

Old 3/30/10 | 01:43 PM
FR500 Member

Maybe it's the intake from the 302R.
Old 3/30/10 | 02:15 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by PTRocks
Maybe it's the intake from the 302R.
That sounds like a good guess. Why waste it in such small production. Put it on an SE. It does have the recess areas for a STB.
Old 3/30/10 | 03:54 PM
GT Member

If I had my way, bare bones content, ram air, aero aids, relocated battery, adjustable suspension with tubular k member, more cam, more compression, extrude hone ports, 302R intake, 4:11 gears, proper tires, all forged (of course) and 8000 rpm redline................I can dream.
Old 3/30/10 | 04:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by eci
If the car is only $40k it won't have enough content for me to want to buy it. A GT is $40k.
Kind of splitting hairs but GTs are low $30K and get optioned to $40K. I can see the Boss starting in the upper $30K and going over $40K with options.
Old 3/30/10 | 09:05 PM
Cobra Member

The modern interpretation of the legendary Boss should enhance the legacy of the iconic nameplate - not simply repeat it. It would be far too easy - and lame - to simply copy the original formula, unaltered onto the modern 'stang. Certainly the traits and DNA of the original should be adhered to which is why I am very glad Ford waited and never attempted to produce a modular powered Boss, it simply wouldn't have worked and the faithful would have staged a revolt. The Boss moniker is one of Ford's most hallowed nameplates and any Mustang that rolls off a FORD assembly line wearing the Boss name must uphold the blood line.

The following elements must be present to provide a suitable heir to the Boss lineage:
  • 5.0L engine with 475+ HP with premium quality forged internals capable of handling hours of open-track abuse without complaint
  • Special oil and water cooler packages
  • The 302R intake (just the WOW factor alone when you open the hood would be worth the price of admission)
  • Brembos with proper brake ducting
  • Form-hugging Recaros
  • PW, PDL and AC are the ONLY options (no Navigation system, heated seats, moonroof, sunroof or glass roof, Sirrus satellite radio, mega-watt uber stereo system or any extra “comfort and convenience” features)
  • Special tuned suspension for maximum real world handling (no super stiff, tooth rattling suspension) - and since this is my dream - a Watts link rear
  • Liberal use of lightweight body panels (more aluminum or carbon fiber) for maximum weight reduction
  • The BBS wheels from the 302R racer
  • My one concession to the Boss formula would be to provide an OPTIONAL stripe package to replicate either the '69 or '70 Boss 302's - but it would be optional for those of use who would rather not relive the '60's.
Old 3/30/10 | 09:13 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by MustangFanatic
The modern interpretation of the legendary Boss should enhance the legacy of the iconic nameplate - not simply repeat it. It would be far too easy - and lame - to simply copy the original formula, unaltered onto the modern 'stang. Certainly the traits and DNA of the original should be adhered to which is why I am very glad Ford waited and never attempted to produce a modular powered Boss, it simply wouldn't have worked and the faithful would have staged a revolt. The Boss moniker is one of Ford's most hallowed nameplates and any Mustang that rolls off a FORD assembly line wearing the Boss name must uphold the blood line.

The following elements must be present to provide a suitable heir to the Boss lineage:
  • 5.0L engine with 475+ HP with premium quality forged internals capable of handling hours of open-track abuse without complaint
  • The 302R intake (just the WOW factor alone when you open the hood would be worth the price of admission)
  • Form-hugging Recaros
  • PW, PDL and AC are the ONLY options (no Navigation system, heated seats, moonroof, sunroof or glass roof, Sirrus satellite radio, mega-watt uber stereo system or any extra “comfort and convenience” features)
  • Special tuned suspension for maximum real world handling (no super stiff, tooth rattling suspension) - and since this is my dream - a Watts link rear
  • Liberal use of lightweight body panels (more aluminum or carbon fiber) for maximum weight reduction
  • My one concession to the Boss formula would be to provide an OPTIONAL stripe package to replicate either the '69 or '70 Boss 302's - but it would be optional for those of use who would rather not relive the '60's.

i'd like that. dont forget the unique front fascia thats not replicated on any other Mustang package, and possibly rear too?
Old 3/30/10 | 09:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm thinking since there is no track pack for 2011, that the Boss will be less concerned with power and more on handling. Maybe a small Bullitt type bump in power, but rather than add power, I'm thinking it would make more sense to lose some weight to better both the handling and acceleration, and maybe bump the redline up.

And of course the requisite stripes and appearance bits.

I'd be happy with that.
Old 3/30/10 | 09:27 PM
FR500 Member

While we're dreaming, let's add the new Steeda front end and hood with heat extractor.
Old 3/30/10 | 09:29 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by MustangFanatic
  • Form-hugging Recaros
I support that list except for the "liberal use of lightweight body panels." Exotic materials with the same or better strength (e.g., carbon fiber) are likely to add cost faster than they reduce weight. That's important given the price point between the GT and GT500 that the BOSS would occupy.
Old 3/31/10 | 01:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Stinger1982
between 435-440hp and a 8k redline.

When its announced come back and look at the date on this post
8k rpm would equate to alot more than 435hp...the car would be pushing 100hp/litre or closer to 500hp.

Dave
Old 3/31/10 | 01:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by eci
No, Ford is too cheap!

The SVT PP has the F1 Supercar "G2" tires which seems to be awesome.

http://goodyear.tiremedia.com/model/...percar-g2.html
The Pirelli PZero's that are on the Brembo package are a stone throw away in price from PS2's.

Dave
Old 3/31/10 | 06:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Maybe Ford should take a few years off from the Shelby GT500 and rather do a SVT Boss 302????.....Why not????
Old 3/31/10 | 08:00 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Red Jay
i'd like that. dont forget the unique front fascia thats not replicated on any other Mustang package, and possibly rear too?
Agreed!!
Old 4/1/10 | 05:50 AM
I Have No Life

Ok fine, I'll bite, no one got this....
The rear faux badge now has an LED in it that lights the border and badge.
The badge stays white the whole time the car is on, but the border/badge light up red when the brake is pushed, and it turns white when in reverse.

Last edited by Boomer; 4/1/10 at 05:52 AM.
Old 4/1/10 | 07:14 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Boomer
The badge stays white the whole time the car is on, but the border/badge light up red when the brake is pushed, and it turns white when in reverse.
That would be pretty clever. Just another unique touch.

I don't know if this is legit though, considering it is April Fools day...
Old 4/1/10 | 08:16 AM
Former Vendor

I think Electric Cut Outs tied to a push button would be cool....
Old 4/1/10 | 08:45 AM
Post *****

Old 4/1/10 | 09:11 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Evolution Performance
I like that idea but someone awhile back said they heard of problems. Electrical? Carbon build up? Or the guy didn't know what he was talking about?
Old 4/1/10 | 09:30 AM
Cobra R Member

*looks at the calendar* Yep, April Fools.
Old 4/1/10 | 09:32 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Evolution Performance
Mine wasn't an April Fools Joke!

Quick Reply: What's left for the Boss?