2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

What would you do.... 2014 or 2015?

Search this Thread

Old 3/31/14, 10:10 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
with every tech n goodies they are bringing into '15... i would recommend wait n u r definitely going to get more discount on '14 if u still decided to go that route.. '15 look good in person than in the pics.
Old 3/31/14, 10:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
my thought would be how responsible is your sister? if she has failed to pay things off in the past it probably will happen again if nothing major has changed in her life....status quo....
for you, i would trade, i have a 2012 boss and am currently paying off another loan to purchase a 2015. if i didn have the boss i would get a 2014. they are really nice cars and wouldnt go wrong...
more for you is the personal choice and if you would be able to live with the decision.
if you are already paying for the car your parents have then it wouldnt be any different if you trade for the mustang and get that paid off.....then if you feel like buying a 2015 or 2016 then buy that one and keep the 14. always nice to have 2 mustangs. sounds like your the only financally responsible one in the family so i would consider all that an make the decision. you can always "rent" a car to your sister if she needs one that bad....
comes down to you untimately, but you wont go wrong with the 2014. any mustang i dont think you will go wrong with. hope things work out.
Old 3/31/14, 12:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
If it were me, I'd jump on the 14 or even a used 13. If it is just about the cost, the current model is a no brainer. I doubt that the rebates and discounts will be very good on the 15s. Its a new model with a lot of hype. I doubt dealers will up charge but good luck getting one below sticker. The 14s have some pretty good rebates plus you're getting some money off for the Lincoln so you'll have a low payment and equity. I'd wait until the 16 or 17 to jump on the new gen.

Performancewise they are nearly identical minus the IRS. It appears they are bringing in the same power trains for the 15s. So it comes down to how much more you like the look of the 15s. However it does seem like the interior is miles ahead of the current gen. We've been on the same interior since 2010 and it is a bit dated.
Old 3/31/14, 12:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sell the car and split money with your sister. Trade in whatever you drive now on a 14 GT and use the money from your half of the sale of your Dads car for a blower and other mods.
Old 3/31/14, 01:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Curious, why are you making payments on your parents' Focus if they seem to have the means to afford an expensive car that they now want to get rid of? Why don't they just sell the Lincoln and pay off the focus since they have so much positive equity in the Lincoln? I don't get it.

Also, since you've already had (and got rid of) 2 2013 Mustangs, it seems foolish to go buy another one since you'll likely get rid of it soon like the other two. Since your sister can't get her things in order, and since you've had two of these Mustangs already and are paying for your parents Focus for some reason, I would just excuse yourself from the situation altogether, tell your parents thanks but no thanks, and tell them the best gift they could give you would be to sell the Lincoln and just pay off the Focus, releasing you from that situation.
Old 3/31/14, 01:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by puma1552
Curious, why are you making payments on your parents' Focus if they seem to have the means to afford an expensive car that they now want to get rid of? Why don't they just sell the Lincoln and pay off the focus since they have so much positive equity in the Lincoln? I don't get it.

Also, since you've already had (and got rid of) 2 2013 Mustangs, it seems foolish to go buy another one since you'll likely get rid of it soon like the other two. Since your sister can't get her things in order, and since you've had two of these Mustangs already and are paying for your parents Focus for some reason, I would just excuse yourself from the situation altogether, tell your parents thanks but no thanks, and tell them the best gift they could give you would be to sell the Lincoln and just pay off the Focus, releasing you from that situation.
I like this angle.
Old 3/31/14, 03:07 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Long story... shortened version. My other sister started a business on my parents money. Everyone thought she was doing well. At least the lifestyle made it seem that way. When the real story came out she split and left my parents holding the bag. Everything was in my sisters name with parents co-signed. They had no idea how bad it was until the banks started calling. There savings is wiped out trying to keep up and they are on a fixed budget and the monthly they are shelling out to keep up with the banks and loan from my sisters business are too much for them.. I'm doing everything I can to help. That's the condensed version.
Old 3/31/14, 03:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

That makes sense, and also makes taking the high road and letting them keep the money rather than buy you a car when you are doing well as it is already seem all the more appropriate.
Old 3/31/14, 03:23 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

That makes sense, and also makes taking the high road and letting them keep the money rather than buy you a car when you are doing well as it is already seem all the more appropriate.
They aren't buying me a car. My dad is trying to give me the equity that I/they have in all the payments. I didn't ask for this it was my dad's idea. They called me up out of the blue about it this past Friday. I believe he is afraid that a lien will be put on the car and that the equity in it will be lost.
Old 3/31/14, 04:32 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,749 Likes on 1,240 Posts
Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
What benefits my parents most is moving down to one car and not having insurance expenses on (2) cars, registration on two cars and property tax. The car they would have remaining is a 2014 Ford Focus SE that I currently make the payment on. For this reason, and the other financial obligations of my parents I help out on, they wanted to give back to me by letting me take my dads Lincoln and use as a trade on a new Mustang GT. Honestly, my sister does not have the money to purchase the lincoln from my parents and she wants to make payments to them. Seeing as she doesn't have a job i can't see her being able to pay the remaining payments. I'm afraid my parents do this for her and when she can't afford the payment I'm gonna be the one that has to step in and make it... for a car they don't have and I don't have.
That's all I needed to read again.
Take your dad's Lincoln and get yourself a beautiful 2014 that you want now. If not,..you may just be ending up paying for that Lincoln so your sister can drive it.
Good luck.
Old 3/31/14, 04:53 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I asked my dad to run his Lincoln past CarMax. My experience is they are very fair with the pricing. Before I trade a car in I typically goto CarMax to get the value before heading over to the dealership. Typically they are good for about $1k more in value than what the dealers will give you. I told him if it makes sense for them to sell it outright and do what they want with the money for themselves.

He still insist he wants to do something for me for all that I have done / continue to do for them.
Old 3/31/14, 05:01 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

In some ways I wish I had not started this thread and aired family issues that I probably should not have. Helping my parents out and dealing with the family drama that came with it has been stressful to say the least.
Old 3/31/14, 05:02 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
I asked my dad to run his Lincoln past CarMax. My experience is they are very fair with the pricing. Before I trade a car in I typically goto CarMax to get the value before heading over to the dealership. Typically they are good for about $1k more in value than what the dealers will give you. I told him if it makes sense for them to sell it outright and do what they want with the money for themselves.

He still insist he wants to do something for me for all that I have done / continue to do for them.
Maybe I'm selfish or weird but I get joy from giving things to people I love. I'm assuming your parents are the same way. If they'd like to show you how much you've meant to them, I'd respect their wishes and pick up a 14. Not to be depressing but the retro 14 might be a great mix of the past and present to think of your parents and you together.
Old 3/31/14, 05:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
I like this angle.
This entire story doesn't make much sense. If it were me and my parents were hard up for money due to paying off debt they inherited from your sister, I would advertise the car for sale. As you mentioned the vehicle has positive equity. Why not help your parents sell the car and then they can pocket the cash or use the cash to put a dent in the debt they inherited?
Old 3/31/14, 05:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ditto!
Old 3/31/14, 05:31 PM

Regardless of why you can get a mustang again or not I would say look at your reasons why you don't have the ones you had and make sure your not making a mistake again and if you think you might be then it not meant to be and maybe the 15 will be right and pass on the deal. I bought my 2014 not knowing a whole lot on the 2015 except for it gonna have irs and a bad spy uncovered photo reason saying is I don't regreat my decision on my 2014 mustang gt track pack manual Recaro seat car.
Old 3/31/14, 05:41 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 2014GHIGGT
This entire story doesn't make much sense. If it were me and my parents were hard up for money due to paying off debt they inherited from your sister, I would advertise the car for sale. As you mentioned the vehicle has positive equity. Why not help your parents sell the car and then they can pocket the cash or use the cash to put a dent in the debt they inherited?
See my previous post about telling my dad to take his car to CarMax or sell it and do what they wish with the money. He is the one insisting on doing this not me but somehow I'm being made out to look selfish or greedy.
Old 3/31/14, 08:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool info ! http://blog.americanmuscle.com/2015-...ost3312014S550
Old 3/31/14, 10:16 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ctodd1
Definitely cool, this should be in the 2015 section!
Old 3/31/14, 11:31 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess it depends on how much you like the retro style. I personnally made a decision not to wait last year and got the 2014. There are things I like about the 2015 such as the IRS and interior but I like the exterior of the 2014 better. If you want to do any mods it will take a few years for the aftermarket to catch up with the 2015s and the deals are definitely better on the 2014s. You can take the money you'll save on the 2014 and use it for parts. I've already put about $4,000 in mine and I only have 1,500 miles on it. My reasoning is that although I wanted a Boss, I was not willing to pay the price premium and dealer markup and I'm getting reasonably close to Boss performance with my GT + mods. No matter what you get, in a few years Ford with beat it with new upgrades ( how do you think Boss owners feel vs 2015s) so it amounts to which one you like better and that's a personal choice.

Good luck in what ever you choose.
Scott

Last edited by ScottV; 3/31/14 at 11:33 PM.

Quick Reply: What would you do.... 2014 or 2015?