Old 4/23/12, 03:36 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Stinger1982

Mustand is not a flex fuel vehicle.
Is Ford renaming the Mustang? lol
Old 6/10/12, 01:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just bought a 2013 Mustang GT and was wondering the same thing. In my 2013 Mustang GT owners manual it say's "Regular" unleaded gasoline with an octane rating of 87 is recommended. Premium fuel will provide improved performance and is recommended for severe duty usage such as trailer tow.

Now it does not specify exactly what the "Premium fuel" is, and from where I'm from it ranges from 92-93. However on the ford Web sight it says that 91 is recommended. Now I can only assume that this is at higher elevations, because as you know, in the U.S. at higher elevations the air is thinner and the octane rating is lower then at places at Sea Level. So the 93 is the same at sea level then the 91 is at higher elevations. Thus, the 92-93 octane rating should be the same as the 91, and depending on your location, you might only have one or the other available, so just buy whatever is available so long as it's premium. Now I am only talking about cars that come straight from the factory, I am not familiar with aftermarket tunes, so I suggest from what I have read to follow your tuners recomendations.

That being said, on my stock 2013 GT, I believe it came from the dealer with just regular 87 gas. It was very powerful, and since It said that Premium gives more power I decided to check it out, even though as I said I only have 92-93 premium in my area. I bought the Shell V-Power 93 octane and to be honest it actually sometimes feels a bit SLOWER when I accelerate, like it stalls a little before it kicks in, and the power doesn't seem to be as much. I will now try a gas station with 92 Octane and see if it's better, if not, I will go back to 87 .
Old 6/10/12, 01:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just bought a 2013 Mustang GT and was wondering the same thing. In my 2013 Mustang GT owners manual it say's "Regular" unleaded gasoline with an octane rating of 87 is recommended. Premium fuel will provide improved performance and is recommended for severe duty usage such as trailer tow.

Now it does not specify exactly what the "Premium fuel" is, and from where I'm from it ranges from 92-93. However on the ford Web sight it says that 91 is recommended. Now I can only assume that this is at higher elevations, because as you know, in the U.S. at higher elevations the air is thinner and the octane rating is lower then at places at Sea Level. So the 93 is the same at sea level then the 91 is at higher elevations. Thus, the 92-93 octane rating should be the same as the 91, and depending on your location, you might only have one or the other available, so just buy whatever is available so long as it's premium. Now I am only talking about cars that come straight from the factory, I am not familiar with aftermarket tunes, so I suggest from what I have read to follow your tuners recomendations.

That being said, on my stock 2013 GT, I believe it came from the dealer with just regular 87 gas. It was very powerful, and since It said that Premium gives more power I decided to check it out, even though as I said I only have 92-93 premium in my area. I bought the Shell V-Power 93 octane and to be honest it actually sometimes feels a bit SLOWER when I accelerate, like it stalls a little before it kicks in, and the power doesn't seem to be as much. I will now try a gas station with 92 Octane and see if it's better, if not, I will go back to 87 .
Old 6/10/12, 01:13 AM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
87 octane