2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What. The. FRACK!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 6/18/10, 06:08 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drove past the dealer/through the lot and no new cars. Not entirely unexpected. It doesn't matter if a 60 car train carrying 500 automobiles lands in Jessup, MD if you don't have 50 car haulers waiting to deliver them.

I'll check again at lunch.

Yes, this is a little obsessive. And marginally stupid. But the light is at the end of the tunnel and it's going to be a very nice, albeit hot, weekend here in VA. It would be cool to take delivery today or tomorrow.
Old 6/18/10, 06:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
Drove past the dealer/through the lot and no new cars.
Again, this is what troubles me. I stopped by one of my area dealers and there are four 2011's just sitting there. It's sad that this smaller dealer has four and my larger dealer can't get the first one they ordered (mine). Here's what they had for those in the Richardson are who might care.

Black GT/CS Vert 1ZVBP8FF5B5104761
Race Red MCA Vert 1ZVBP8EM6B5122282
Race Red Base V6 1ZVBP8AMXB5110660
Black 5.0 1ZVBP8CF4B5131275

FWIW, the GT/SC and the MCA are absolutely stunning, IMO. I almost didn't make it to work...
Attached Thumbnails What. The. FRACK!?!?!?-black-gt-cs.jpg   What. The. FRACK!?!?!?-race-red-mca-vert.jpg  

Last edited by fritzOSU03; 6/18/10 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Added Pics
Old 6/18/10, 07:07 AM
Cobra R Member

Notice the VIN sequence... nothing between 110xxx and 122xxx. . . That "series" seem to be the most delayed. The 104761 is an early build and the 131275 is a VERY RECENT build.
Old 6/18/10, 07:32 AM
Bullitt Member

So... anyone else have trouble getting to sleep?

Drove past the dealer/through the lot and no new cars. Not entirely unexpected. It doesn't matter if a 60 car train carrying 500 automobiles lands in Jessup, MD if you don't have 50 car haulers waiting to deliver them.

I'll check again at lunch.

Yes, this is a little obsessive. And marginally stupid. But the light is at the end of the tunnel and it's going to be a very nice, albeit hot, weekend here in VA. It would be cool to take delivery today or tomorrow.
I would be hitting up my dealership like this if I hadn't ordered through a dealership near my home city. I'm living and working in Bethesda, which is a half hour trip if you manage to find a beltway with no traffic. Can't do the driveby's like I would want to.

This weekend is going to be pristine for my baby's first cruise.
Old 6/18/10, 07:55 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by HokieCodeMonkey
So... anyone else have trouble getting to sleep?

I would be hitting up my dealership like this if I hadn't ordered through a dealership near my home city. I'm living and working in Bethesda, which is a half hour trip if you manage to find a beltway with no traffic. Can't do the driveby's like I would want to.

This weekend is going to be pristine for my baby's first cruise.
I slept like a baby.

2 hours at a time.
Old 6/18/10, 07:56 AM
Bullitt Member

You got up to go check the dealership every two hours, didn't you?
Old 6/18/10, 08:59 AM
Cobra R Member

You got up to go check the dealership every two hours, didn't you?
Of course not. I had to work today.

Tonight on the other hand. . .
Old 6/18/10, 09:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by fritzOSU03
Again, this is what troubles me. I stopped by one of my area dealers and there are four 2011's just sitting there. It's sad that this smaller dealer has four and my larger dealer can't get the first one they ordered (mine).
I wonder if the difference has to do with the dealer's credit line. If new cars work like auction cars, the dealers buy using a short term credit line (usually 90 days). If that credit line is maxed out, they can't buy anything else at the auction until they pay their balance down.

FWIW, my dealer got five stock GTs and sold them all right off of the truck; so it looks like they haven't gotten any.
Old 6/18/10, 09:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by coffeejolts
FWIW, my dealer got five stock GTs and sold them all right off of the truck; so it looks like they haven't gotten any.
No surprise there.
Old 6/18/10, 09:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Ok finally got to talk to someone with access to the system. Looks like my car was not on the train with yours Vette and Joker. My rail just passed through PA so it should be here by early next week, but it looks like this will be one long *** weekend.
Old 6/18/10, 09:11 AM
Cobra R Member

Ok finally got to talk to someone with access to the system. Looks like my car was not on the train with yours Vette and Joker. My rail just passed through PA so it should be here by early next week, but it looks like this will be one long *** weekend.
Bummer, dude. . . at least you know it's on the way!

It will be interesting to see how long it takes from emptying the railcar to delivering to my dealer. I have no idea which trucking company has it or when they'll pick it up.
Old 6/18/10, 09:11 AM
Bullitt Member

How long did it take your rail to get from PA to Jessup?
Old 6/18/10, 09:13 AM
Cobra R Member

How long did it take your rail to get from PA to Jessup?
7 hours was my time.
Old 6/18/10, 09:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

For all I know my car is with yours.

The ONLY information I have is that my car went to in transit the morning of 6/14.
Old 6/18/10, 09:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Was it your dealer? Did he use vehicle visibility?
Old 6/18/10, 09:39 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by PTRocks
I hear you. Putting a 'fish' on the back of my car would just be asking for judgment (and trouble). We're all human and have things that make us happy. I know my car got me through some very tough times last summer.
People judge clergy differently. It's something you sign up for. Some folks lay all their anger (justified and not) on you for every experience they've ever had with religion.

And then some people assume I'm not supposed to enjoy life, or make a decent salary. It would seem that religion equals suffering for some people, or it's not "real." Sacrifice, yes -- but suffering for no reason seems like an awful insult to G-d and G-d's blessings . . .

So. It's off to the office now. With the top down, so's I can see Heaven.
Old 6/18/10, 09:43 AM
Bullitt Member

opc orn:: popcorn:opco rn:
Old 6/18/10, 09:45 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Rabbi Mike
People judge clergy differently. It's something you sign up for. Some folks lay all their anger (justified and not) on you for every experience they've ever had with religion.

And then some people assume I'm not supposed to enjoy life, or make a decent salary. It would seem that religion equals suffering for some people, or it's not "real." Sacrifice, yes -- but suffering for no reason seems like an awful insult to G-d and G-d's blessings . . .
I would love to chat with you more about this sometime.
Old 6/18/10, 09:50 AM
Cobra R Member

I can see it from both perspectives. I think everyone is entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness no matter their chosen occupation/vocation. However, if you're a leader of an organization that lives/dies on the DONATIONS of it's membership, flaunting your "success" might not be the best way to keep the money rolling in. That said, some people may perceive a Mustang 'vert as ostentatious or pretentious. Others will see it as a poor man's sports car. If your "flock" drive Benz's and Bimmers, you're probably fine. If they're driving 80's vintage Chevy's and Hyundai's, probably not so much.

Today is a beautiful day and one of a few we get that I'd love to own and be driving a 'vert. Enjoy the drive but remember, if a bird sh*ts on you with the top down, God isn't happy about your 'vert purchase.
Old 6/18/10, 10:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by jokerstars
Was it your dealer? Did he use vehicle visibility?
It was the new car inventory manager. He used vehicle visibility so it's accurate. My question is, do the status updates mean the train arrived or left the location?

Quick Reply: What. The. FRACK!?!?!?