Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What. The. FRACK!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 6/17/10, 08:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What. The. FRACK!?!?!?

So I hear that the DC-area people's cars are heading to Jessup, MD as we speak. Ford CS told me as of Monday my car was in transit to Virginia. So today I call my dealer and ask him if he can tell me where my car is and he says it's sitting at the Ramp in Flat Rock Michigan. As for as he knows the "GT's are on hold" and are not moving.

I call Ford CS just now and ask for an update. They said they can't tell me where my car is but as of 10:30AM June 16 it was STILL IN TRANSIT and has been in transit all week being updated every day.

Are there two systems that my dealer can look at? Why the disconnect? WHO IS RIGH?!?!

Old 6/17/10, 08:53 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by jokerstars
So I hear that the DC-area people's cars are heading to Jessup, MD as we speak. Ford CS told me as of Monday my car was in transit to Virginia. So today I call my dealer and ask him if he can tell me where my car is and he says it's sitting at the Ramp in Flat Rock Michigan. As for as he knows the "GT's are on hold" and are not moving.

I call Ford CS just now and ask for an update. They said they can't tell me where my car is but as of 10:30AM June 16 it was STILL IN TRANSIT and has been in transit all week being updated every day.

Are there two systems that my dealer can look at? Why the disconnect? WHO IS RIGH?!?!

Dude... relax. Your car is on the way if mine and Hokie's are any indication. The train was bound for Jessup as of 3:43 AM. As of RIGHT NOW, there's NO STATUS which could easily mean it has arrived there.
Old 6/17/10, 08:57 AM
Bullitt Member

I'll call up my dealer and see if I can get any info.

I know the frustration has been and any slight delay at this point could send me over the edge. BUT IT'S SO CLOSE. It's down to days till we have them.

The dealers don't have access to the most up to date and detailed tracking system, their inventory managers do. They could be looking at the last status update their older system saw. That train is still moving, don't worry.

What exactly was the train's history, when did it leave?

Last edited by HokieCodeMonkey; 6/17/10 at 08:59 AM.
Old 6/17/10, 09:05 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by HokieCodeMonkey
I'll call up my dealer and see if I can get any info.

I know the frustration has been and any slight delay at this point could send me over the edge. BUT IT'S SO CLOSE. It's down to days till we have them.

The dealers don't have access to the most up to date and detailed tracking system, their inventory managers do. They could be looking at the last status update their older system saw. That train is still moving, don't worry.

What exactly was the train's history, when did it leave?
Believe it left MI for Walbridge, OH on Tuesday. Then on to Connellsville, PA yesterday. Then left for Jessup, MD very early this morning. It's 4 hours by road between Connellsville and Jessup. It's been 7+ hours since the train left. I'm thinking it's in Jessup. Next the cars will be offloaded and staged for auto-transport via truck. Whether one transport will carry each of our cars and drop off a successively smaller load or if we each get our own transport with other cars bound for our respective dealers is unclear. I think each transport can carry about 10 cars. I know my dealer has at least that many in the queue. So my guess would be one transport per dealer give or take a couple of cars.
Old 6/17/10, 09:05 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Dude, calm down.
We don't need a bajillion threads on "wheres my car"

Good way to get noticed, in not a good way.
Old 6/17/10, 09:07 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
Don't worry. Mine showed it was sitting at ramp 51 until my dealer called to tell me it was in. I don't think there is a hold. Too many G.T.'s, C.S's, and V-6's at my local dealers. Many of them came in last week.
Old 6/17/10, 09:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

Sorry, Boomer, but my heart sank like a rock when my dealer told me it was sitting at the Ramp.
Old 6/17/10, 09:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

What number are you guys calling Ford CS at?
Old 6/17/10, 09:15 AM
Bullitt Member

There's a little town about 15 miles up the track from Jessup called Mt. Airy.

Given Ford's info system, there's only one sure way to see if your car is on that train.

Train speed limit through there should be pretty moderate.
Old 6/17/10, 09:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
Believe it left MI for Walbridge, OH on Tuesday. Then on to Connellsville, PA yesterday. Then left for Jessup, MD very early this morning. It's 4 hours by road between Connellsville and Jessup. It's been 7+ hours since the train left. I'm thinking it's in Jessup. Next the cars will be offloaded and staged for auto-transport via truck. Whether one transport will carry each of our cars and drop off a successively smaller load or if we each get our own transport with other cars bound for our respective dealers is unclear. I think each transport can carry about 10 cars. I know my dealer has at least that many in the queue. So my guess would be one transport per dealer give or take a couple of cars.
My dealership is about 20 ft from Jessup, it's on the border between Columbia and Jessup so the truck would be first headed for mine
Old 6/17/10, 09:17 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by dragstart
There's a little town about 15 miles up the track from Jessup called Mt. Airy.

Given Ford's info system, there's only one sure way to see if your car is on that train.

Train speed limit through there should be pretty moderate.

I believe the railcars are enclosed. Might be a problem.
Old 6/17/10, 09:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Here is the trip my car will be making on convoy.

Does This look like where they would unload the cars?
Attached Thumbnails What. The. FRACK!?!?!?-trucktrip.jpg  

Last edited by HokieCodeMonkey; 6/17/10 at 09:25 AM.
Old 6/17/10, 09:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin

I believe the railcars are enclosed. Might be a problem.
That's prolly why Ford doesn't know where it's at.
Old 6/17/10, 09:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Now the question is: How long to the cars sit at Jessup? I hear stories of them sitting for over a week at Twin Oaks, PA.
Old 6/17/10, 09:56 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by HokieCodeMonkey
Here is the trip my car will be making on convoy.

Does This look like where they would unload the cars?
Yep, that's it.

http://wikimapia.org/3705834/CSX-Jes...ibution-Center
Old 6/17/10, 09:57 AM
Cobra R Member

Now the question is: How long to the cars sit at Jessup? I hear stories of them sitting for over a week at Twin Oaks, PA.
That's the big question mark. . . based on the size of the facility, seems like it could be a while or if they're really efficient, not much at all.
Old 6/17/10, 10:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by csledd
What number are you guys calling Ford CS at?
Don't know if you've got an answer to this yet.

1-800-392-3673
Press 1
Press 4
Press 1
Press 2
Old 6/17/10, 10:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Sorry, Boomer, but my heart sank like a rock when my dealer told me it was sitting at the Ramp.
You think that's bad? My dealer sent me an e-mail last night that I originally thought meant my Mustang had just gotten pulled off the truck and was at the dealer. When I reread it this morning I noticed he had a typo and figured out that it had more in common with "minus" than "with", which meant just the opposite of what I had hoped.

It's easy to get excited at this stage, but don't stress, it'll come soon. It isn't a race. Yet.

As for the systems, it might depend on how much data access rights each have, or maybe they were looking at old data from Friday.

Last edited by Lancel; 6/17/10 at 10:39 AM.
Old 6/17/10, 11:20 AM
Bullitt Member

OK my dealer sucks and nobody is working today who could help track the car. I called Ford BS and they said that the status was updated this morning at 8:40am, Did you guys get the same update? If so we are on the same train.

You think that's bad? My dealer sent me an e-mail last night that I originally thought meant my Mustang had just gotten pulled off the truck and was at the dealer. When I reread it this morning I noticed he had a typo and figured out that it had more in common with "minus" than "with", which meant just the opposite of what I had hoped.

You thnk that's bad? Remember the time I got a salmon helmet from Muhammad while wearing a toga?
Old 6/17/10, 11:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

I've gotten delays because apparently the guy that accesses this data is dealing with customers right now.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, Frak is a four letter word. /geek

Quick Reply: What. The. FRACK!?!?!?