2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

What. The. FRACK!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 6/17/10, 12:09 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you have a railcar number, your car is moving on the same train as everybody elses that left Tuesday. Should be at the offload point this afternoon.
Old 6/17/10, 12:13 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by coffeejolts
don't sweat it.

And- you have no idea how fast your new car is. Seriously. Fill it up with super, let it warm up, ease it into first... make sure you have a good grip on the steering wheel and nobody in front of you... then FLOOR IT.

It is worth the wait and then some.
I concur. When I saw that my car was actually on the move, I got a little more hyper . . . just breathe. BREATHE. I predict it'll be to you within a week.

AND. I have a V6 w the manual. Standard gears (no upgrade available on the convertible ) . . . And it goes like stink. I honestly don't know what I would do with 400hp. I'm afraid for my driving record as it is!

Soon you will barely remember what it was like to wait.
Old 6/17/10, 12:36 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Rabbi Mike
I concur. When I saw that my car was actually on the move, I got a little more hyper . . . just breathe. BREATHE. I predict it'll be to you within a week.

AND. I have a V6 w the manual. Standard gears (no upgrade available on the convertible ) . . . And it goes like stink. I honestly don't know what I would do with 400hp. I'm afraid for my driving record as it is!

Soon you will barely remember what it was like to wait.
So have you been able to maintain your rabbinic-isity?
Old 6/17/10, 01:35 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by PTRocks
So have you been able to maintain your rabbinic-isity?
Hard to say . . . I'm trying not to cut off speed limit-observing-Odyssey-driving moms, but I fear I may be tailgating them at times

In all seriousness, I had to think a long time about whether I would do this. People think clergy are not supposed to be flashy . . . while I certainly didn't buy the car to "impress" people (if I could put up a cloak of invisibility I would!), people still make judgements.

I went with silver, since I thought that had a more understated and classic look than a red or grabber blue -- and a red convertible might be inappropriate for a funeral procession!

(In the end, I just ended up keeping the trusty old Focus for those times when I wanted to be inconspicuous -- as well as for the snow.)

Still . . . I know some people will judge me for having the car. I decided to deal with it. I like that it's made by union workers who earn a good living, that I'm supporting US industry, and it makes me oh-so-**** happy. In the end, people judge rabbis for all sorts of things . . . so what's one more?
Old 6/17/10, 01:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Chris Christie 1, Teacher's Unions 0

Old 6/17/10, 01:46 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Rabbi Mike
Hard to say . . . I'm trying not to cut off speed limit-observing-Odyssey-driving moms, but I fear I may be tailgating them at times

In all seriousness, I had to think a long time about whether I would do this. People think clergy are not supposed to be flashy . . . while I certainly didn't buy the car to "impress" people (if I could put up a cloak of invisibility I would!), people still make judgements.

I went with silver, since I thought that had a more understated and classic look than a red or grabber blue -- and a red convertible might be inappropriate for a funeral procession!

(In the end, I just ended up keeping the trusty old Focus for those times when I wanted to be inconspicuous -- as well as for the snow.)

Still . . . I know some people will judge me for having the car. I decided to deal with it. I like that it's made by union workers who earn a good living, that I'm supporting US industry, and it makes me oh-so-**** happy. In the end, people judge rabbis for all sorts of things . . . so what's one more?
I hear you. Putting a 'fish' on the back of my car would just be asking for judgment (and trouble). We're all human and have things that make us happy. I know my car got me through some very tough times last summer.
Old 6/17/10, 02:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Finally got the manager to answer. She said that if anything arrives in Jessup for her it's usually there within a couple hours (they are really freakin close). I'm waiting to hear back from her but I'm starting to wonder if my car is on that train or not.
Old 6/17/10, 02:12 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by HokieCodeMonkey
Finally got the manager to answer. She said that if anything arrives in Jessup for her it's usually there within a couple hours (they are really freakin close). I'm waiting to hear back from her but I'm starting to wonder if my car is on that train or not.
Why does this sound fishy? She can't tell you what railcar you're in but can tell you how quickly they move from the railyard to the dealership? How would she even know?!?!!?
Old 6/17/10, 02:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
Why does this sound fishy? She can't tell you what railcar you're in but can tell you how quickly they move from the railyard to the dealership? How would she even know?!?!!?
She has worked there for a while, I'm sure she's used to cars getting to her quickly from the offload point 5 miles from the dealership. What I can't figure out is why she doesn't have access to the vehicle visibility. She was saying they were having issues getting her an account and I guess I could understand it being an IT issue, but CMON! Get access! That should be high priority.
Old 6/17/10, 02:17 PM
Cobra R Member

She has worked there for a while, I'm sure she's used to cars getting to her quickly from the offload point 5 miles from the dealership. What I can't figure out is why she doesn't have access to the vehicle visibility. She was saying they were having issues getting her an account and I guess I could understand it being an IT issue, but CMON! Get access! That should be high priority.
I know someone who's worked at Taco Bell for a long time but they still can't open the safe. . . just sayin' . . .

Get someone who CAN look at vehicle visibility. It should be a rule: If you can't see Ford Vehicle Visibility or Vincent or OASIS you shouldn't be able to ORDER cars.
Old 6/17/10, 02:19 PM
Bullitt Member

I had someone, but he was told to stop providing his service...

We miss you JonnyB.

Update:
Got a call from the lady at the dealership. She couldn't find anything about my car, she couldn't get access to vehicle visibility, she didn't even know anyone she could talk to who would have access (ie dealership in the area) . I'm pretty pissed at this point because this is intolerable that only one person is allowed onto this very important system that could tell me where my vehicle is.

Last edited by HokieCodeMonkey; 6/17/10 at 02:47 PM.
Old 6/17/10, 02:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

I had someone, but he was told to stop providing his service...

We miss you JonnyB.

Update:
Got a call from the lady at the dealership. She couldn't find anything about my car, she couldn't get access to vehicle visibility, she didn't even know anyone she could talk to . I'm pretty pissed at this point because this is intolerable that only one person is allowed onto this very important system that could tell me where my vehicle is.

So NO ONE in your dealer has vehicle visibility? That's whack. The one guy who does at my place is out today. He better not be out tomorrow.

Looks like we're going to have to be really wishful and hope our rides are with Corvettedreamin's...
Old 6/17/10, 02:47 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm in the same boat as you jokerstars. The one guy who can get in the system is off today. I don't think it's too much to ask for at least one person who can access the system at any given day. Maybe I've been ruined by UPS and I want to know each update so i can gauge my own ETA I don't know.

Looks like I'll just have to try and distract myself till tomorrow... I think a bottle of gin and a copy of Blur should do the trick.
Old 6/17/10, 03:02 PM
Cobra R Member

I just checked status again. Same. The railcar arrived in Jessup at 10:41 AM today. No doubt being offloaded. The logistics company will then schedule the truck transports. No one gets paid unless these things move.

I'm also going to do a drive-by at my dealership tomorrow morning. My sales guy said they sometimes drop them off overnight.

As I hear anything I'll make sure you guys are kept in the loop.
Old 6/17/10, 03:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'll also note the one sales manager COULD look me up, just not using Vehicle Visibility. Whatever the other system was that he had access too. But that was the system that said my car was still sitting in Flat Rock.
Old 6/17/10, 03:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by jokerstars
Did CSX tell you that or did your dealer?

Weren't you the one whining about CN railway taking more time to deliver !!!!! Well, just called them up and my car was offloaded from the railcar to a Hauler yesterday afternoon in TO. Tracking it down with Mike at Autoport all the way to the dealership. Life's been good.
Old 6/17/10, 07:38 PM
Cobra R Member

Just checked CSX status again. My railcar is EMPTY!

No, not on arrival. The cars have been offloaded!

Going to do a drive-by at my dealer in the AM and see what's what. It would be a long shot to see the car there already but it's worth a look.
Old 6/17/10, 07:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Why can't Hokie and I get a railcar #? This is madness! Why is my latest update from Ford CS dated Wednesday 10:30AM? Arghh.

Nice detective work, by the way. I'm sure you'll be driving around in your car when we're still looking for our train number.

Last edited by jokerstars; 6/17/10 at 07:42 PM.
Old 6/17/10, 07:46 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by jokerstars
Why can't Hokie and I get a railcar #? This is madness! Why is my latest update from Ford CS dated Wednesday 10:30AM? Arghh.

Nice detective work, by the way. I'm sure you'll be driving around in your car when we're still looking for our train number.
The railcar doesn't matter much now. If mine gets delivered in the next day or two surely yours will be there.
Old 6/17/10, 08:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Joker is on Ford's black customer service list. He gets fake ETA's, railcar #'s and such. His car isn't even built. Just sayin'.

Quick Reply: What. The. FRACK!?!?!?