2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What. The. FRACK!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 6/17/10, 11:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For what it is worth- it took seven days from Flat Rock to Atlanta, and another two days for my car to go from the rail yard to the dealership.
Old 6/17/10, 11:29 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by HokieCodeMonkey
OK my dealer sucks and nobody is working today who could help track the car. I called Ford BS and they said that the status was updated this morning at 8:40am, Did you guys get the same update? If so we are on the same train.

You thnk that's bad? Remember the time I got a salmon helmet from Muhammad while wearing a toga?
Got my update this morning that the train left PA at 3:43 for Jessup. At 11:00, no status was available. Just now, the status said the train arrived in Jessup at 10:41 AM.
Old 6/17/10, 11:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
Got my update this morning that the train left PA at 3:43 for Jessup. At 11:00, no status was available. Just now, the status said the train arrived in Jessup at 10:41 AM.
Ugh, I'm calling the dealership and going straight to the manager. There has got to be someone who can tell me if my car is there today.
Old 6/17/10, 11:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

All they need to do is look it up in the vehicle visibility system. They can tell you what the last checkpoint was very easily.
Old 6/17/10, 11:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

OK my dealer sucks and nobody is working today who could help track the car. I called Ford BS and they said that the status was updated this morning at 8:40am, Did you guys get the same update? If so we are on the same train.
I called at 10AM this morning and they said my last status update was 1030AM yesterday (the 16th).
Old 6/17/10, 11:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by coffeejolts
All they need to do is look it up in the vehicle visibility system. They can tell you what the last checkpoint was very easily.
That's what I thought, guy at the dealership says this:

"Oh, only Scott has access to that system and he's not going to be in until tomorrow morning."

How do you only have one guy who can track cars? It's a freakin dealership. I got a little more tempered but still civil and told him to find someone who could. He said he would check with the "Fleet Managers" to see if they could track it.

Ugh I'm paying these guys many thousands so they can do what again?
Old 6/17/10, 11:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Did CSX tell you that or did your dealer?
Old 6/17/10, 11:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Would it make sense that we all have different times for updates? Where are you getting your updates corvette, are you tracking the train itself or calling your dealership?
Old 6/17/10, 11:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Would it make sense that we all have different times for updates? Where are you getting your updates corvette, are you tracking the train itself or calling your dealership?
The guy who has access to the vechicle visibility system is not at the dealer today, of course. So I can't talk to my dealer. The only update i've gotten is from Ford CS which told me this morning my last update was yesterday morning.

Since some of you have updates as recent as this morning I hope this doesn't bode ill for me.
Old 6/17/10, 11:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ugh I'm paying these guys many thousands so they can do what again?
I really feel for those who are having bad dealer experiences. There are some dealerships out there who are doing it right (mine, for example); but, so many others are having trouble getting the most basic information. The way I see it, repeat customers are the best customers because you don't have to go looking for them. They come looking for you. So any chance to make a new customer into a repeat customer is a huge opportunity for profit. Apparently, some dealerships don't see it that way.

Old 6/17/10, 11:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Old 6/17/10, 11:54 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by jokerstars
Did CSX tell you that or did your dealer?
CSX. Why would I ask my dealer? Look what happened to Hokie.

In fairness, it was the dealer who gave me the railcar #. I don't need to bug them to do things I can do with the right information.
Old 6/17/10, 11:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Grrr. If JonnyB could still do his thing we could get detailed updates! I have no idea where my car is because it the last update (according to Ford CS) was yesterday at 1030AM. I wonder if mine is still sitting in Connellsville or Ohio!
Old 6/17/10, 11:59 AM
Cobra R Member

The guy who has access to the vechicle visibility system is not at the dealer today, of course. So I can't talk to my dealer. The only update i've gotten is from Ford CS which told me this morning my last update was yesterday morning.

Since some of you have updates as recent as this morning I hope this doesn't bode ill for me.
Chill dude... really. If you car was shipped the same day as mine it's most likely on the train with mine. And probably OFF the train by now waiting for a truck transport.

Ford's system has to interface with CSX's. Those updates are probably NOT real-time or event driven. More likely, it's a periodic update to the Ford system from CSX. So even though I can call CSX every hour and get an update (if an event has occurred), Ford doesn't need to check that frequently.

Or, it's possible, your car is just sitting in Twin Oaks for the h*ll of it.
Old 6/17/10, 12:00 PM
Cobra R Member

Grrr. If JonnyB could still do his thing we could get detailed updates! I have no idea where my car is because it the last update (according to Ford CS) was yesterday at 1030AM. I wonder if mine is still sitting in Connellsville or Ohio!
It's not. Relax. Go back to your avatar. . .
Old 6/17/10, 12:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Take what CS says with a grain of salt. I called them last Friday and asked if they could tell me where my car was. The rep said all I know is that it was received by Norfolk Southern in Detroit. So I spent the weekend wondering how far my car had gotten or if maybe it was still in Michigan. My dealer sent me the info from vehicle visibility on Monday, with my regular status update. According to the VV report, at the time I called CS on Friday, my car was already half way through Kentucky.

So, don't sweat it.

And- you have no idea how fast your new car is. Seriously. Fill it up with super, let it warm up, ease it into first... make sure you have a good grip on the steering wheel and nobody in front of you... then FLOOR IT.

It is worth the wait and then some.
Old 6/17/10, 12:02 PM
Bullitt Member

CSX. Why would I ask my dealer? Look what happened to Hokie.

In fairness, it was the dealer who gave me the railcar #. I don't need to bug them to do things I can do with the right information.
Guy couldn't even give me a railcar number...

Not sure he's ever been awake during his time as a "New Car Sales Manager".

Ok enough dealerbashing, Can I assume that my car is on the train with you guys as that would be the logical thing to do with Mustangs built around the same time going to the same place? We have different last updated times according to Ford CS, would that happen if we were on the same train, is mine a day behind/ahead if there's a day's difference? Where do I go to get more information. Do I keep harassing my dealer until they find if it's on a truck yet?

Last edited by HokieCodeMonkey; 6/17/10 at 12:04 PM.
Old 6/17/10, 12:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah, I'm being a spazz. I'll chill out and call the manager tomorrow and ask for the vehicle visibiltiy report.
Old 6/17/10, 12:06 PM
Cobra R Member

Guy couldn't even give me a railcar number...

Not sure he's ever been awake during his time as a "New Car Sales Manager".

Ok enough dealerbashing, Can I assume that my car is on the train with you guys as that would be the logical thing to do with Mustangs built around the same time going to the same place? We have different last updated times according to Ford CS, would that happen if we were on the same train, is mine a day behind/ahead if there's a day's difference? Where do I go to get more information. Do I keep harassing my dealer until they find if it's on a truck yet?
I'll post my updates as I get them but I fear I've lost visibility now that the train has arrived. But that's not a bad thing because it means they're bound for a truck to your dealer.

Yeah, I'm being a spazz. I'll chill out and call the manager tomorrow and ask for the vehicle visibiltiy report.
I'm not holding my breath on that one. . .
Old 6/17/10, 12:06 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm in total spazz mode right now. I am within driving distance of that Jessup lot....

No, just need some kind of distraction. Hey coffee, for fun, what MyColor setup did you go with? What gauge colors/cup holder/ambient/door sill combo did you go with?

Edit: Eh, I feel like threading it.

https://themustangsource.com/f726/my...1/#post5893520

Last edited by HokieCodeMonkey; 6/17/10 at 12:11 PM.

Quick Reply: What. The. FRACK!?!?!?