Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Went from a '14 V6 Premium Coupe to a '14 GT Vert

Search this Thread

Old 6/26/15, 07:55 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Went from a '14 V6 Premium Coupe to a '14 GT Premium Vert

I ordered my SG V6 auto Coupe Premium with Pony Package in July of 2013, got it that September. I had the dealer install the FRPP Suspension Package and the FRPP axle back Sport Mufflers. Enjoyed it for almost 2 years. The V6 auto had great acceleration compared to the German 2.0 Turbos, especially in "S" mode. Cornered almost as good as the TT I used to have. Drove it through two SE Wisconsin winters equipped it with Michelin X Ice 3's. Other than Mobil 1 oil changes every 5K miles, it never needed dealer attention.

So why did I trade it after only 22 months?

I could have sprung the extra $$$ initially for a GT vert which was what I really wanted, but after driving VW's Audi's and BMWs for more than 15 years, I was worried it would not be the yearround daily driver I needed. I just couldn't spend $47K on a car that looked great and sounded awesome, but might not work for me and possibly let me down. The coupe was substantially less, so I figured if I had to unload it, I'd take less of a loss.

Well I have to say, that little gray coupe proved to me that Ford has their sh$t together and can build one hell of a car!! Being end of the line on that chassis, the '14 has all the refinements that Ford could muster on that platform. I know the S555 is an improvement, but my new-to-me fully loaded '14 GT vert was almost $13K less than a similarly equipped '15! It's 13 months old with only 9K miles.

No brainer decision.

Here's a PIC (my old coupe is next to it)
Attached Thumbnails Went from a '14 V6 Premium Coupe to a '14 GT Vert-new-baby.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by ustabawannab; 6/26/15 at 06:31 PM.
Old 6/26/15, 08:22 AM

same here

I bought a 2013 v6 base convertible in April 2014. last week I bought a 2014 gt premium convertible manual with 2300 miles on it. saved 15k off new.

love both cars. have 2013 to sell now but no hurry.
Old 6/26/15, 08:47 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
Congrats! Same colors as my '13.
Old 6/26/15, 09:22 AM
GT Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I kind of did the same thing. Went from a '13 GT to a '14 GT though... Long story but my '14 has every option that I could ask for and want in a car. I only had mine though for 8 months I think before I traded it. Your car looks great! You mind as well have the car you want! I see it has Brembo brake package at least... Any other options for it?
Old 6/26/15, 01:05 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by CoyotePremium13
I kind of did the same thing. Went from a '13 GT to a '14 GT though... Long story but my '14 has every option that I could ask for and want in a car. I only had mine though for 8 months I think before I traded it. Your car looks great! You mind as well have the car you want! I see it has Brembo brake package at least... Any other options for it?
Premium with Navi, HD radio, and backup sensors. Standard leather.
The Brembos are great and I like the different 19 wheels. The dealer put brand new Goodyear Eagle F1s on it.

The one drag is I have to buy a new set of winter wheels and tires. Anybody need Michilen X Ice3 on 17" base Mustang wheels with TPMS?

Last edited by ustabawannab; 6/26/15 at 06:34 PM.
Old 6/26/15, 01:24 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Lake_Vert
I bought a 2013 v6 base convertible in April 2014. last week I bought a 2014 gt premium convertible manual with 2300 miles on it. saved 15k off new.

love both cars. have 2013 to sell now but no hurry.
Great minds think alike. Same color?

I loved sterling gray, but deep impact blue was my second favorite. I was quite fortunate to find it.

Another bonus, I went from 3.4 to 2.25 interest!!!
Old 6/26/15, 04:42 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ustabawannab
I ordered my SG V6 auto Coupe Premium with Pony Package in July of 2013, got it that September. I had the dealer install the FRPP Suspension Package and the FRPP axle back Sport Mufflers. Enjoyed it for almost 2 years. The V6 auto had great acceleration, especially in "S" mode. Cornered almost as good as the TT I used to have. Drove it through two SE Wisconsin winters equipped it with Michelin X Ice 3's. Other than Mobil 1 oil changes every 5K miles, it never needed dealer attention.

So why did I trade it after only 22 months?

I could have sprung the extra $$$ initially for a GT vert which was what I really wanted, but after driving VW's Audi's and BMWs for more than 15 years, I was worried it would not be the year round daily driver I needed. I just couldn't spend $47K on a car that looked great and sounded awesome , might not work for me. The coupe was substantially less, so I figured if I had to unload it, I'd take less of a loss.

Well I have to say, that little gray coupe proved to me that Ford has their sh$t together and can build one hell of a car!! Being end of the line on that chassis, the '14 has all the refinements that Ford could muster on that platform. I know the S555 is an improvement, but my new-to-me fully loaded '14 GT vert was almost 13K less! than a similarly equipped '15. It's 13 months old with only 9K miles.

No brainer decision.

Here's a PIC (my old coupe is next to it)
That's awesome man!

Congrats on the pickup, she looks great!

What are your plans for it?

-Will
Old 6/26/15, 06:25 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by AMWill
That's awesome man!

Congrats on the pickup, she looks great!

What are your plans for it?

-Will
Will, I've already been on your site putting together a build list. First and foremost, booooring but essential stuff. Off to Tire Rack for winter wheels, tpms and Michelin X Ice 3s.

Then onto AM for MMD Vert Styling Bar, MMD Vert Wind Deflector, Borla Axle Back Touring Mufflers,, and then... and then... and then
Old 6/30/15, 08:50 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ustabawannab
Will, I've already been on your site putting together a build list. First and foremost, booooring but essential stuff. Off to Tire Rack for winter wheels, tpms and Michelin X Ice 3s.

Then onto AM for MMD Vert Styling Bar, MMD Vert Wind Deflector, Borla Axle Back Touring Mufflers,, and then... and then... and then
I like where you head is at man! Awesome build list to start.

Make sure to PM me for a discount code before you place the order! I want to make sure you get the best deal possible.

-Will
Old 7/1/15, 09:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Gratz, nice upgrade and love the DIB. Get the mufflers first, I have the Borla S Types on mine and they sound awesome.