Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Well that sucks .. put hole in my seat upholstery!

Search this Thread

Old 8/13/12, 09:57 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Well that sucks .. put hole in my seat upholstery!

I was using some Nylon prybars to remove the Pony emblems on my fenders. Stuck one in my back pocket and forgot it was there. Pulled Mustang in garage when done and CRAP ... i put a 1/4" slit in my seat with the **** tool! Sliced it right between two of the perforation holes.

I put some crazy glue on it so it won't get bigger but I'm sure I will notice it forever .. actually it was less noticable before the crazy glue! Oh well.

Ford wants $319 MSRP for just the driver side seat cover! Holy Crap!
Old 8/13/12, 10:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ouch... that hurts! Sorry to hear about your seat...

Did you check online for some seat covers? I don't know if you want to go that route, but I came across them on one of the Mustang Vendor sites the other day, but can't remember exactly which site. I think they are made out of neoprene and conform to the seat very well apparently... just make sure you get the ones which will work with the side airbags.

Just my 2 cents...
Old 8/13/12, 10:19 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011 GT
Ouch... that hurts! Sorry to hear about your seat...

Did you check online for some seat covers? I don't know if you want to go that route, but I came across them on one of the Mustang Vendor sites the other day, but can't remember exactly which site. I think they are made out of neoprene and conform to the seat very well apparently... just make sure you get the ones which will work with the side airbags.

Just my 2 cents...
Well .. I bought a set of Stone Cloth Upholstery off a member here. I was planning on installing that in my car and packing away my pristine leather so a few years from now I can reinstall the leather and have a new car again!

I already know if I don't replace the cover it will drive me insane looking at that exact 1/4" spot every time I get in the car!!! I figure if I order now it will be an exact match compared to if I order several years from now ...

I'll probably order the cover tomorrow from Tousley .. hopefully at a big discount from MSRP .. and then pack it all away when I install the Cloth Interior.

Last edited by dmhines; 8/13/12 at 10:20 PM.
Old 8/13/12, 11:15 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dmhines

I'll probably order the cover tomorrow from Tousley .. hopefully at a big discount from MSRP .. and then pack it all away when I install the Cloth Interior.
Do not underestimate a good upholstery shop. They can get the matching material and replace the bad section like new for far less money than buying the cover from Ford. Just take the cover off and take it to them to save some money, or let them install it for you.

Last edited by watchdevil; 8/13/12 at 11:18 PM.
Old 8/14/12, 03:00 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My dad was an apholstery repair person for years. Find one in your area, as a good one can match your color, and perform a repair by mixing and matching your color, apply a patch behind the cut, apply the goop, use a cover that matches your "grain", then heat the goop. When this is done, the leather in that spot is stronger than any of the original leather, and you'll never find the spot that was repaired. The cost was around 20 bucks (back in the 90's), but I'm guessing it's not that much more today. And the seat or cover does not need to be removed. Just drive over. It takes less than an hour from start to finish.

Or, you could buy a "takeoff" set of leather seat covers. I've seen them sold on Ebay or directly off of Roush's website when they do their conversions for around $350.00 for the front AND rears.
Try the upholstrey shop first. Ask to see their work. A good one will show you, and you cannot tell it was ever repaired!

Last edited by Bucko; 8/14/12 at 03:03 AM.
Old 8/14/12, 04:10 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just go for the Recaro's!