2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

The Wait is OVER! The 2010 Mustang GT contest WINNER

Search this Thread

Old 10/31/08, 09:33 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 11/1/08 at 08:59 AM.
Old 10/31/08, 09:54 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
well, I am really glad you won, I dont care what those other two tools say. I am really proud of what you do, you guys allow us to do what we do, thanks!
Old 10/31/08, 10:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by StangMahn
well, I am really glad you won, I dont care what those other two tools say. I am really proud of what you do, you guys allow us to do what we do, thanks!
I have a feeling that those "two" are one and the same
((look at the join dates and post counts?))
Old 10/31/08, 11:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

What the . . . ? Why would anybody hate you for defending your country? There are thousands of Mustang enthusiast in the military and you happened to be the winner. Would this new poster have gone after any of them? Are guys fighting wars not allowed to have hobbies?

Somebody that has been in the service for 12 years should have a much better attitude than this bitter poster. I'm disappointed in "whatastang". I've been in the Navy for 11 years this month and I don't feel the least bit bitter about Kory winning. Why should anybody? Envious for sure but that's about it.

Grow up whatastang!
Old 11/1/08, 01:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Congrats Kory Enjoy it you deserve it
Old 11/1/08, 05:20 AM
Cobra Member

Whoever wrote that stuff doesn't have the guts to say who they are and decided to use fake identities to say what was on their mind, which I find to be ludicrous and disrespectful.
Old 11/1/08, 07:06 AM

Well I did join this site just to congatulate Kory..I am a member over at Grabberorange.net, and I have to admit I was a little bit jealous when I found out that he had won (I was the baby and a Mustang entry)..I worked my a** off trying to get votes and my story even made it into my local paper. BUT to see some "members"on here bashing Kory is absolutely ridiculous...its a case of envy turned to hate. But hey, he won the contest, and he got the most votes, it seems pretty simple to me. And again..CONGRATS Kory!
Old 11/1/08, 08:11 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Sad when two jerks would join a forum just to spread negative "HATE" like they are doing........But I guess they are just excersizing the freedom that Kory and other are fighting to give us all!!

Thanks Kory and don't let this steal your joy......God Bless You!!
Old 11/1/08, 08:53 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Kory those two or maybe even one posters are shameful. I don't know anything about them and in the land of anonymity that is the internet they join just to post some disparaging comments about you and your win. You won. Fair and square. You played by the rules and won by the rules. If somebody doesn't like it, then it says alot about them and their shortcomings. Congrats again and enjoy it. There's just a certain amount of the population out there that would rather try to take away your joy. I've been a member here a little over a year, and I think those posts were the two worst posts I've ever read. If in fact that poster did serve our country for 12 years, then of course I thank them for their service, but from the content of that post and their failure to introduce and substantiate anything thry wrote, I'll remain skeptical.

Congrats again Kory!
Old 11/1/08, 09:21 AM
Banned

Funny thing about contests like these.... anyone can say anything at all. What I mean is this--there doesn't have to be any truth to a story, at least according to the contest rules. I'm not saying that Kory's story isn't true.... I'm saying that if everyone had to do it all over again, I'd bet that there would be guys who would claim to be soldiers in Iraq just to have that as an advantage in the voting. It's funny that the guy with the huge "social network" and now another finalist who managed to get his story in his local newspaper both lost out in total votes to a soldier in Iraq.

The more I think about it, the less I think the actual stories had anything to do with the outcome of the contest.
Old 11/1/08, 10:32 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Ice Hawk
Why you stressing man? You've been in for 12 years. I've been in for two. Congratulations for volunteering for a job you get paid to do. Thank you for serving our country. What tour did you serve in? I'm actually quite reserved about the fact that I'm military. What unit are you in? Maybe I'll come by and take you for a ride?
I know it's silly to base your opinion of someone because of what you read on the internet but I think this really says it all about Kory's character. Offering a ride was pure class. Best comeback to a troll. Ever.

A huge congrats on your contest win! It sounds like you will really appreciate your new Mustang and as fellow enthusiasts, what more can we ask for? Get home safe, can't wait to read the diary and see the pics! Cheers!!
Old 11/1/08, 10:35 AM
Cobra Member

Wow! Congrats!
Old 11/1/08, 10:35 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Ice Hawk
You wanna do it?
best reply ever

btw those were not the same user. Dont expect to see em posting a whole lot though.
Old 11/1/08, 10:44 AM

Congratulations to Kory. It must be an incredible feeling to win a brand new car in a contest. I think its great for corporations to give something to the little guy once in a while. Just do everyone a favor and take great care of it.

As to the bitter replies, there was a member from another forum that we were really pulling for. We probably amassed thousands of voters each day. Ford refused to display any vote tallies, and it made everyone quite upset for their determination and cries of scam ensued.

Nonetheless that takes nothing away from an awesome charitable donation. I may stick around this forum to post my knowledge here and there. Take care, and enjoy your new wheels.
Old 11/1/08, 12:28 PM

Here's your 'nana:

Congratulations man, and thank you for serving the country!!!!!!!!!

I can't think of a better way for that contest to end.

Can you post a larger pic of that MRAP with the Mustang badge on the grill? That's one of my favorite pictures I've seen on this forum!

Be safe...
Old 11/1/08, 01:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JamesButabi
... Ford refused to display any vote tallies, and it made everyone quite upset for their determination and cries of scam ensued.

Ford didn't administer this contest....eprize did. And if you read the contest rules, you can get a "list" of the winners by sending them an email. What is not clear is if the "winners list" will include vote tallies or not. Why don't you just send them the email (as stated in the contest rules) and see if there are vote tallies included?
Old 11/1/08, 01:32 PM

Wow guys. Thanks for everything. I'm not letting any of the negative posts bother me. It did at first, but I was expecting them to happen some time or another. I know what it looks like. What I will be asking is for a vote tally so that I can see how much I won by. Maybe it was really close. Like two votes or something. Nonetheless, I know that I would have been disapointed if I had lost, and honestly expected to do so. I never really figured I would make it into the final 25 to start with. Things like this don't happen to me.

I understand the fact that we are on the internet and can technically say anything that we want and make up stuff about ourselves all day long. You don't have to believe my story. My family, my father in particular and I know that it's real. It's obviously real that I'm deployed to Iraq and the shock and awe are completely real.

Thank you for supporting me and my character. That also says something about your character. I really appreciate it. I do. I've been hanging around the forums since 2004 and finally decided to join while I was over here. It's people like you guys and gals here that I used as my crutch to get me through this deployment.

I thankfully have a mostly supportive chain of command and will be getting out of here in a matter of days. After all my reintegration inprocessing is done I should be good and have enough time to get to LA. Maybe only by the skin of my teeth though.

And don't worry, I won't do any of us enthusiasts wrong. I will be documenting everything that happens, every step of the way with pictures, video, screen shots and paper.

Thanks again for all the support.
Old 11/1/08, 02:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Kory,

You the man! Get State Side ASAP and make us proud! We all know you will!!!

Again, congrats and we all cant wait to see your pictures and video, but more importantly....

your order options!?!?!? Cant wait to see what you choose for your pony!
Old 11/1/08, 03:05 PM

Oh man! That thing is going to be DECKED OUT! Whatever Ford doesn't put on, I will. Heck man, my first Mustang!? It's GOT to be good. And honestly, I don't expect Ford to skimp either. I fully expect them to give me a well loaded GT Premium maybe without NAV or something. I'll add all the rest of the goodies.

As for the actual auto show. I will be in a hotel presumably with internet access. I of course will be bringing my camera and laptop to unload all the hundreds of photos I take. I will author a dailt journal describing everything I learn and post it here nightly or at the close of the event. Depends on how long they have me up for!

MAN I'M SO EXCITED! The more I talk about it, the more real it becomes. It's only going to get worse the next 17 days. The flight back across the Atlantic is going to be agonizingly long. But it will worth every second it!
Old 11/1/08, 03:36 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Need to think of a good name for it. Something other than "Hell yeah, this is the Mustang I won!!" Not that there's anything wrong with that, but you should give it a cool name.

Quick Reply: The Wait is OVER! The 2010 Mustang GT contest WINNER