2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

VMP TVS Stage 2 Supercharger install - 11gt

Search this Thread

Old 6/2/14, 05:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
You can go to the link and read the instructions to see what is involved. Not a hard install and you are going to ask yourself why you didn't install one sooner.
http://vmp-tvs.com/justin/instructions/

Originally Posted by 14stangGT
I have 3.55's in my auto. Any updates? How is it driving? Do you get immediate power compared to stock? Just waiting for Labor day weekend so I can get mine installed. Saving up a little more too. Was the gauge pretty easy to install (getting through to the engine) Did you have to take much apart?
Thanks for the info

Last edited by Blown CS; 6/2/14 at 05:15 PM.
Old 6/2/14, 05:29 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I have 3.55's in my auto. Any updates? How is it driving? Do you get immediate power compared to stock? Just waiting for Labor day weekend so I can get mine installed. Saving up a little more too. Was the gauge pretty easy to install (getting through to the engine) Did you have to take much apart?
Thanks for the info
Its been driving great! No issues at all.

Dude its a supercharger lol, foot to the floor, ***** to the walls. Even for an auto its insane to drive, but insane in a good way.

When coasting around town, drives like a normal car, no different really, when you get on the gas its a different story all together.

The gauge is easy to install. The roush one has 4 different electrical connectors. the red for 12v power which i ran to the fuse box located in the passenger side footwell. Used a 10amp mini inline fuse thingy that i got at a local auto parts store. There is a white wire for the white light which i tied into the 12v red so when the car accessory is on its a white gauge. The blue i tied into the auto lights which is still finicky which i have to figure out. Ground just found a ground. As far as the vacuum line goes, its easy to run, there is a hole that is in the firewall that will be exposed when you remove the sound tube for the intake. I ran it through there, along the firewall to the port on the fuel charge assembly. its a 1/8" fitting MPT with a 1/8" barb.
Old 6/3/14, 08:13 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
awesome. thanks for the info on the gauge. I can not wait to get this in my car. Just a couple more months to go.
Old 6/3/14, 08:28 AM
V6 Member

How does your car hook up now? Can you get traction? Do you have 275's in the rear?
Old 6/3/14, 08:36 AM
Cobra R Member

How does your car hook up now? Can you get traction? Do you have 275's in the rear?
No lol, mainly because the tires i have on right now are almost bald and terrible to begin with. If i floor it from a stop, i get spin then major wheel hop. So LCA's in the near future. Maybe when i order my hood struts. I'm running 285's in the rear right now but the next tire im going wider. 305 or 315.
Old 6/3/14, 09:48 AM
V6 Member

Yeah I did the boss 302 lca's on mine you might want to do uppers too. That is crazy the power you must be getting I drove the roush stage 3 at the dealer and it did not break loose and really was not impressive for the 62k price tag. I just hope when i get the vmp kit I can get the tires to hook up I was looking at the michelin super sport
Old 6/3/14, 10:10 AM
Cobra R Member

Yeah I did the boss 302 lca's on mine you might want to do uppers too. That is crazy the power you must be getting I drove the roush stage 3 at the dealer and it did not break loose and really was not impressive for the 62k price tag. I just hope when i get the vmp kit I can get the tires to hook up I was looking at the michelin super sport
Its gotta be in the upper 500's close to 600 to the wheels. Haven't done any dyno runs yet, maybe next week ill see if i can get it on one.

I've wanted to make sure everything is working out before i do, i have to do redo a data log for the tuner but so far he said it looks good.
Old 6/4/14, 10:49 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
side comment.... can anyone tell me what it typically runs you to get your vehicle dyno'd in the US?

I found a shop here in Pickering Ontario that charges $200 an hour. it doesn't seem unreasonable...
Old 6/4/14, 11:26 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
side comment.... can anyone tell me what it typically runs you to get your vehicle dyno'd in the US?

I found a shop here in Pickering Ontario that charges $200 an hour. it doesn't seem unreasonable...
here in houston,tx. we have club events which does 20 - 30 cars together and we could get three pull done for 40.. but if u take ur car for one on one session we would have to pay north of 100 bucks...
Old 6/5/14, 08:55 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aren't the boss lca's the same as stock but with harder bushings? Why not get some tubular ones that are half the weight?
Old 6/9/14, 12:18 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by spqr
Aren't the boss lca's the same as stock but with harder bushings? Why not get some tubular ones that are half the weight?
Nope they are tubular definitely stronger then stock. Here is the link to the install.

http://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-...e-problem.html