2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

VMP TVS Stage 2 Supercharger install - 11gt

Search this Thread

Old 5/22/14 | 11:11 AM
Cobra R Member

VMP TVS Stage 2 Supercharger install - 11gt

I know I had kinda been updating my update thread I figure this would be a good place for people to reference if they get a kit of their own.

My quick review thus far. VMP has been getting popular, so bare with them, customer service and putting the kit together can be a bit slow. But the quality of all the items received seemed to be top notch.

I plan on taking pics and such of the build progress as i got, im going to set up my gopro to take time lapse. I expect the chunk of work to take place on friday and finish on saturday if all goes well.

Today 22nd day 1 - My plan is to get the car home after work back it into the garage. Release fuel pressure by disconnecting the pump control module in the trunk. Jack the front end up. Remove the front bumper. Mount the heat exchanger and pump. Remove old CAI. Label some of the plugs i will be disconnecting. Probably mount some of the wiring for the HE fans and pump. And anything else I can possibly do while the engine is still a bit hot. lots of work will be done tomorrow after work.

Update tonight with pics of progress.

Didn't get as much done today as i wanted to but still it went well, didn't run into any issues. Got through 10 of 44 pages. No hiccups yet. So the pics arn't interesting but i figure why not.

test fit of the heat exchanger, snug but i'll have to take it back out here for some other stuff that needs to be done now.

Pics of the kit and the boost gauge i'll be using.

Last edited by rmurer; 5/22/14 at 08:32 PM.
Old 5/22/14 | 11:13 AM
Cobra R Member

Day 2.

Got more stuff disconnected, labeled, swore a bunch, got some coolant all over, intake manifold removed, then cleaned the intake area. Then came the grinding...pain in the butt let me tell you (set aside 2-3 hours for this). Probably helps to have the right tools. I recommend removing the radiator fan and radiator hose coming from the engine, more room to work. But eventually i got all the stuff grinded down. Snapped in some of the extensions for the wiring and replaced the spark plugs with the new gapped ones.

Pretty much everything for tomorrow is getting ready to install the supercharger and hopefully done. The grinding was the major milestone, so far it seems that i made all the correct cuts. Pictures really arn't to exciting plus the gopro died quickly...not to sure why maybe the wifi was on because it should have lasted, oh well.

work in progress

intake manifold on

intake manifold off

is this thing on?

"this.....is going to be a pain"

Last edited by rmurer; 5/23/14 at 08:59 PM.
Old 5/22/14 | 11:13 AM
Cobra R Member

Well I basically got it all done. Even though you follow the instructions its still amazing when you turn the key and the engine starts and there are only tiny issues. (small tiny coolant drip and forgot to plug something in which threw a code).

Had to throw in the towel, modding the bumper to get it back on the car because of the new heat exchanger, got the best of me and i just had to step away. But the car starts and the coolant is flowing.

but here is a start up vid, that whine....... DDDD

couple install pics from today.

Last edited by rmurer; 5/24/14 at 06:16 PM.
Old 5/22/14 | 11:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Awesome!
Old 5/22/14 | 02:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Good luck with the install, it is not bad at all. My VMP instructions didn't cover the auto tranny line mod, so I used the roush install instructions to do that mod.
Before you know it, you will be grinning ear to ear
Old 5/22/14 | 04:20 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Awesome man. Looking forward to your upgrade pics.
Wait till you step on the "go" pedal after the install.
PERMAGRIN!
Old 5/22/14 | 08:19 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Blown CS
Good luck with the install, it is not bad at all. My VMP instructions didn't cover the auto tranny line mod, so I used the roush install instructions to do that mod.
Before you know it, you will be grinning ear to ear
Wait what......SO THE LINE IS USED????? I called their install guy specifically for this question and he basically mumbled something and said it wasn't needed.

I managed to find the install guide you were talking about through roush so im super glad you made this comment.
Old 5/22/14 | 08:20 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Awesome man. Looking forward to your upgrade pics.
Wait till you step on the "go" pedal after the install.
PERMAGRIN!
Ha thats the part i can't wait for...
Old 5/22/14 | 08:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

I tried to install the lower pulley assembly, but I couldn't move the far right tranny line enough to get it into place. I think you will find using the line will make the install easier. Let me you know if you get it to fit without cutting. Glad you have the right HE. Lol I'm also vert on svt.

Originally Posted by rmurer
Wait what......SO THE LINE IS USED????? I called their install guy specifically for this question and he basically mumbled something and said it wasn't needed.

I managed to find the install guide you were talking about through roush so im super glad you made this comment.
Old 5/22/14 | 09:01 PM
Cobra R Member

I tried to install the lower pulley assembly, but I couldn't move the far right tranny line enough to get it into place. I think you will find using the line will make the install easier. Let me you know if you get it to fit without cutting. Glad you have the right HE. Lol I'm also vert on svt.
I might try to see how it fits first before cutting then if i can't get it to fit properly ill just make the modification.

maybe thats what he was trying to tell me that you dont really need to use it but its there if you want too.
Old 5/22/14 | 09:13 PM
I Have No Life

SUBSCRIBED!!! This thread reminds me of my install thread almost a year ago. Memories!!!

Congrats rmurer… it's definitely getting darker on that side huh?

I know you've been through a lot with the kit ordering, etc… but it will be worth it once you're done. Do you have buddies helping you out? If not, do so. Just buy lots of beer (cheap) and pizza. Trust me, the extra set of hands and eyes help out a lot.

Btw, what's your plans for the tune? Is it a VMP email tune? SCT tune? or dyno tune at your local shop?

Am excited for you!!!

p.s. I get dyno'd tomorrow.
Old 5/22/14 | 09:20 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
SUBSCRIBED!!! This thread reminds me of my install thread almost a year ago. Memories!!!

Congrats rmurer… it's definitely getting darker on that side huh?

I know you've been through a lot with the kit ordering, etc… but it will be worth it once you're done. Do you have buddies helping you out? If not, do so. Just buy lots of beer (cheap) and pizza. Trust me, the extra set of hands and eyes help out a lot.

Btw, what's your plans for the tune? Is it a VMP email tune? SCT tune? or dyno tune at your local shop?

Am excited for you!!!

p.s. I get dyno'd tomorrow.
My dad is going to give me a hand and then another friend will be coming over on saturday if im still working on it late in the day which i hope not lol.

My tune is through VMP which i already have, they, i have heard do great work on tunes for these type superchargers. Then ill do some data logging and send it back to them so they can look at it and adjust the tune. Then i plan on letting it break in for a week or two then do some dyno pulls.
Old 5/23/14 | 08:36 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

congrats n hope the install goes fun
Old 5/23/14 | 08:53 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by CiniZter
congrats n hope the install goes fun
ha thanks, this work day needs to end so i can get back to work!
Old 5/23/14 | 10:31 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by rmurer
ha thanks, this work day needs to end so i can get back to work!
Just cut out early like me... I have a date with Marilyn at the dyno... I'm buying
Old 5/23/14 | 08:59 PM
Cobra R Member

updated.
Old 5/23/14 | 10:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Looks like you are getting close to hacking the timing cover. After that its downhill.
Old 5/23/14 | 10:21 PM
I Have No Life

Awesome updates man. Yes the grinding I heard was a royal pita. Again, why I went Maggie. No grinding. Just bolt.

But glad you were able to get it done. I don't think I even have a grinder lol.

So you plan to finish up tomorrow??? Is your dad helping???

Also I love those green coil covers. Where'd you get those?
Old 5/24/14 | 06:56 AM
Cobra R Member

Looks like you are getting close to hacking the timing cover. After that its downhill.
Actually I got the hacking done yesterday, it appears i got enough of the material removed but we shall see when i mount up the new brackets.

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Awesome updates man. Yes the grinding I heard was a royal pita. Again, why I went Maggie. No grinding. Just bolt.

But glad you were able to get it done. I don't think I even have a grinder lol.

So you plan to finish up tomorrow??? Is your dad helping???

Also I love those green coil covers. Where'd you get those?
Yeah my dad is helping it was sitting in a chair off camera and i would motion to him whenever i need a hand or another brain.

But yes the plan is to finish it today, up at 9am EST, its really all put it all back together at this point.

The green coil covers i painted myself with this green engine paint, turned out great! paint is really tough stuff.
Old 5/24/14 | 10:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Congratulations on your kit, there's no doubt you'll love it! You probably have not seen what the stock HE that comes from Roush looks like but believe me I will never regret putting the VMP dual fan HE in it's place, the stock one is tiny compared to it.

Quick Reply: VMP TVS Stage 2 Supercharger install - 11gt