2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

VIDEO: Mustang VS. Everybody. POV from Mid Ohio earlier today

Search this Thread

Old 6/6/16 | 10:00 PM
Banned

VIDEO: Mustang VS. Everybody. POV from Mid Ohio earlier today

Just finished a great day at the track. Mid Ohio is an amazing facility, and the crowd was great. I have lots of pics and vids, but this is all I managed to upload so far. Enjoy.

The following users liked this post:
Coyote5-0 (6/10/16)
Old 6/7/16 | 08:53 AM
Banned

Some pictures from yesterday. There were some really cool cars at this event
Attached Thumbnails VIDEO: Mustang VS. Everybody. POV from Mid Ohio earlier today-img_0889.jpg   VIDEO: Mustang VS. Everybody. POV from Mid Ohio earlier today-img_0890.jpg   VIDEO: Mustang VS. Everybody. POV from Mid Ohio earlier today-img_0891.jpg   VIDEO: Mustang VS. Everybody. POV from Mid Ohio earlier today-img_0893.jpg   VIDEO: Mustang VS. Everybody. POV from Mid Ohio earlier today-img_0894.jpg  

VIDEO: Mustang VS. Everybody. POV from Mid Ohio earlier today-img_0896.jpg   VIDEO: Mustang VS. Everybody. POV from Mid Ohio earlier today-img_0901.jpg   VIDEO: Mustang VS. Everybody. POV from Mid Ohio earlier today-img_0902.jpg   VIDEO: Mustang VS. Everybody. POV from Mid Ohio earlier today-img_0903.jpg   VIDEO: Mustang VS. Everybody. POV from Mid Ohio earlier today-img_0905.jpg  

VIDEO: Mustang VS. Everybody. POV from Mid Ohio earlier today-img_0906.jpg   VIDEO: Mustang VS. Everybody. POV from Mid Ohio earlier today-img_0907.jpg   VIDEO: Mustang VS. Everybody. POV from Mid Ohio earlier today-img_0908.jpg   VIDEO: Mustang VS. Everybody. POV from Mid Ohio earlier today-img_0909.jpg   VIDEO: Mustang VS. Everybody. POV from Mid Ohio earlier today-img_0916.jpg  

Old 6/7/16 | 10:42 AM
Post *****

Old 6/7/16 | 01:34 PM
GT Member

Very nice. A friend and I went to Mid Ohio several years ago to watch the Indycar race there. We had seats in the grandstand across from "madness". I was trying to watch your shifts, it looks like you just made it into 5th. before having to downshift to 3rd. for "madness". If so, you were hauling pretty good. I am assuming you have 3.73 rear gears since you have a track pack car. It's been awhile , but as I recall the track goes off camber between the 2nd. and 3rd. turns in the "madness" section. Didn't seem to give you any real trouble.
Old 6/7/16 | 02:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SilrBult
Very nice. A friend and I went to Mid Ohio several years ago to watch the Indycar race there. We had seats in the grandstand across from "madness". I was trying to watch your shifts, it looks like you just made it into 5th. before having to downshift to 3rd. for "madness". If so, you were hauling pretty good. I am assuming you have 3.73 rear gears since you have a track pack car. It's been awhile , but as I recall the track goes off camber between the 2nd. and 3rd. turns in the "madness" section. Didn't seem to give you any real trouble.
Yes sir, that's correct. Hard to tell from the video, but after the kink (turn 3) that is a huge brake zone. In the video above I was hitting 120-125mph, braking before china beach sandtrap, making a tight right and then left up hill into madness. That is an off camber blind turn. This was an earlier session where I was still re-learning the course.

Good map of the ourse by the way:
https://www.midohio.com/Assets/Docum.../Elevation-map

Later on in the day I would hit 135mph after the kink, and pray my brakes hold. I would brake early which over heated them, so I had some fade issues. It wasn't until the last 2 sessions of the day I got the brass ones to brake late. That worked out better though, though it was a bit nerve wrecking. I was trying to shave time through madness trying different lines, and I got quite sideways a few times. Barely saved it one or twice. I have some footage of that as well, but the go pro was mounted to the windshield so you can't see my hands at full opposite lock, lol.

Such a fun track. There was a huge SCCA event there over the weekend, so we got lucky to get a Monday track day there.

P.S. I think the video looks crappy because I had it set to MP4. It should be 720, so I'm truing to edit more footage with better quality. Does youtube like fvl format?
Old 6/7/16 | 04:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Watched your vid 5.Monster. Great driving, really using the tires and getting the point by's :-) Your turn in response looked immediate and tracking well. Looks like you suspension mods are done? :-)
Old 6/7/16 | 05:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SGwick
Watched your vid 5.Monster. Great driving, really using the tires and getting the point by's :-) Your turn in response looked immediate and tracking well. Looks like you suspension mods are done? :-)
Thank you sir. Yes, the suspension mods are done. I was able to use 75% stiff setting for the shocks, and it really worked well. I could use a bit more grip (who couldn't!) but I LOVE the new suspension. Helping a lot with driver confidence, and that leads to faster lap times.

Here are a few faster laps with a different vantage point.
Old 6/7/16 | 05:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Very cool. Looks like a good time, and the Pole positions look like grip and held up well for you!

FYI - If you are interested. The MCA's 40th event is here at the Indy Motor Speedway with the opportunity to Track your car on the road course.
Old 6/7/16 | 06:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rog13GTCS
Very cool. Looks like a good time, and the Pole positions look like grip and held up well for you!

FYI - If you are interested. The MCA's 40th event is here at the Indy Motor Speedway with the opportunity to Track your car on the road course.
Thanks Rog! Yes, the S04s with ~30% thread did better than I expected. That tire has really blown me away. That's why I want to try Bridgestone's next level up tire, the RE71R. It it's like it's cheaper cousin, the S04, I will be all smiles.

Tell me more about the MCA 40th event. When is it? What do we get to drive? It's 4.5h away from where I live, 272 miles, but it might be worth it! With the arrangement I have with my wife i'd have to leave home around 2:30 am, but **** it, I'd do it!

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 6/7/16 at 06:17 PM.
Old 6/7/16 | 07:58 PM
Banned

So far I've posted the not so bad driving. Here is the not so good driving. Almost lost it twice in the madness curve. 2:15 and 5:50 if you're inpatient.

Old 6/8/16 | 06:27 PM

Your defiantly using those tires. Nice driving thanks for sharing.
Old 6/8/16 | 08:08 PM
Banned

The tires continue to impress since 2014. Here is a before and after last event.
Attached Thumbnails VIDEO: Mustang VS. Everybody. POV from Mid Ohio earlier today-img_0885.jpg   VIDEO: Mustang VS. Everybody. POV from Mid Ohio earlier today-img_0910.jpg  
Old 6/9/16 | 06:42 PM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

Your videography skills are improving. How many trips to the track did it take for you to feel comfortable in the car and start really pushing its limits?
Old 6/9/16 | 07:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

MCA 40th event is Sept 1-4 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Website here. They have a lot of things planned, but looking to have a huge car show at the track, tours, parades, including track time on the road course!

I am thinking about volunteering one day and doing the track event another day.
Old 6/10/16 | 08:18 AM
Banned

MCA 40th event is Sept 1-4 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Website here. They have a lot of things planned, but looking to have a huge car show at the track, tours, parades, including track time on the road course!

I am thinking about volunteering one day and doing the track event another day.
Thanks for the info. I have to see if I'm free that weekend, sounds like a really cool event.

Originally Posted by EF1
Your videography skills are improving. How many trips to the track did it take for you to feel comfortable in the car and start really pushing its limits?
Lol, yes, a lot better than in the chasing a 911 video. 2 days at the track is all it took, but I had to get a lot of drivers training for my job. So doing it in my own car wasn't such a huge jump. I spent one weekend with a BMW club which gives you an instructor for all your sessions, that helped a lot. The rest is practice.

This year with the new suspension I was taking it easy the first outing, at at MidO I got enough courage to disable Stability Control completely starting with the first session. Then just work my way up in speed and be mentally ready for oversteer in some corners.
Old 6/10/16 | 11:45 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Old 6/10/16 | 11:55 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Do you ever go to Cars and Coffee in Indy or anything? There are a few forum members here from Indy and it would be cool for all of us to meet up some time and get pics of the cars together etc
Old 6/10/16 | 06:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
Do you ever go to Cars and Coffee in Indy or anything? There are a few forum members here from Indy and it would be cool for all of us to meet up some time and get pics of the cars together etc
No I havent been. Where do they have it?
Old 6/10/16 | 06:17 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

No I havent been. Where do they have it?
Indianapolis Cars and Coffee happens every Saturday morning from 10-12ish at Gator Motorsports on the north side: 3353 W 96th St, Indianapolis, IN 46268. We used to have a MUCH better location with a bigger parking lot until the local businesses got fed up with us taking all the parking spots. But it's at Gator now. There is also a south side gathering on Saturday evenings at Suds: 350 Market Plz, Greenwood, IN 46142. This happens around 7ish? I'm not exactly sure, I haven't been since last year and I forgot the exact times.
The following users liked this post:
Rog13GTCS (6/11/16)