2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

V6 Performance Package

Search this Thread

Old 8/13/10, 11:48 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ireallycare
Anyone know the answer?
Those same basic wheels are part of the package so in this case it is a moot point, but if you click the check box for that option it puts 4 wheels on the car.
Old 8/13/10, 11:54 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by newpony
If you go to Accessory Wheels you can select the GT/CS wheels which is the same wheel but painted foundry black.
When you add them they don't show up as black on the car, shows gray.
Old 8/14/10, 12:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
When you add them they don't show up as black on the car, shows gray.
Yeah I know but is as close as we going to get right now. The "Print Screen" trick should work (don't need to hit the Alt key, at least not with my keyboard), that is exactly the way I did it. You can crop the picture afterwards.
Old 8/14/10, 12:10 AM
GTR Member

Yeah I know but is as close as we going to get right now. The "Print Screen" trick should work (don't need to hit the Alt key, at least not with my keyboard), that is exactly the way I did it. You can crop the picture afterwards.
Print screen doesn't work on my laptop apparently, tried every way I know and every way I found on a google search and no soap.
Old 8/14/10, 12:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

What laptop do you have? I just tried on mine (HP) and it works. On mine I have to press Fn+ PrintScreen, then open a word document or your favorite picture editor and bam!!!
Old 8/14/10, 07:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just how I'd have it.

Old 8/14/10, 09:31 AM
GTR Member

What laptop do you have? I just tried on mine (HP) and it works. On mine I have to press Fn+ PrintScreen, then open a word document or your favorite picture editor and bam!!!
Hey! That worked! Thanks!
Old 8/14/10, 09:54 AM
GTR Member

COOL!!!

Last edited by Ltngdrvr; 8/14/10 at 05:19 PM.
Old 8/14/10, 12:21 PM
Bullitt Member

I got a base with PP quote today at $25,000 and was also told that an order would require a non-refundable deposit. Their reasoning, which I agree with, is that nobody will buy a base V6 + PP if they order it and I end up not buying it.

Owner was clueless. Kept calling it 5-speed and saying PP only comes with Premium, at which I corrected him.

Just wondering, has anyone gotten a quote yet? Invoice prices looks unlikely.
Old 8/14/10, 12:56 PM
GTR Member

I got a base with PP quote today at $25,000 and was also told that an order would require a non-refundable deposit. Their reasoning, which I agree with, is that nobody will buy a base V6 + PP if they order it and I end up not buying it.

Owner was clueless. Kept calling it 5-speed and saying PP only comes with Premium, at which I corrected him.

I'd try another dealer.

Join the Mustang Club of America for $50 and then you can get a x-plan PIN and get it for a right price with no arguing.
Old 8/14/10, 02:38 PM
GTR Member

Please go somewhere else and order your car. No deposit should ever be non-refundable for a car, and if they're that inept, they don't deserve your money.
Old 8/14/10, 03:09 PM
Bullitt Member

^what he said I only had to put $100 good faith deposit to order my 2011 perf pack black/stone 100A 3.7 at Gwinnett place ford here in georgia who was also willing to give me invoice+holdback on my order.
But the sales guy told me if I could get an x plan pin I could save another $425 off since they are only allowed to charge a $75 doc fee under x plan and x plan pricing is pretty much the same as invoice+holdback pricing. Without the x plan pin they are charging me the $699 doc fee and don't seem to want to budge on it.
So for $50 I joined MCA and I already got my x plan pin number all I had to do was go here>https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/login.do fill out the info for the pin request and they generate your plan pin number print it out and take it to your dealer so they can enter in in their vincent system and your done
If anyone is curious the invoice they printed when negotiating showed they we're selling the car to me for $20,976+$1736 for the perf package+$850 destination+$486 FDAF+$46 fuel charge. They are giving me $19,000 in trade for my car and I can keep any of the parts I want from it they also guaranteed that trade in so if it takes 8 12 weeks or longer to get my car I will be getting at least that much in trade*the sales manager even told me he would increase it if at the time or trade it went up.
They also agreed to waive the FDAF fee even under x plan so all told if I we're trade the car in today I would end up paying right at $2200 more than I owe on the current 11 give or take a few bucks thanks to the $1000 in ford rebates+$750 customer cash coupon+$100 ford owner rewards+invoice pricing&x plan pin.
So I'm stoked as I will sell or reuse most of the parts from my car before the new one gets here and I'll be getting one of the best handling pony cars ever made brand new built for me.
I just wish you could get the recaros and rear seat delete from the boss on the perf pack cars. Wouldn't that be sweet ad in the torsen rear diff or even the carbon plate equipped lsd, say a more aggressive factory tune with a drop in hi flo filter element some freer flowing mufflers to give around 335-340hp, lower it 11mm all around put the 19X9" minilite style black wheels with 275/40/19 pirelli corsas, def have to have the alcantra wrapped steering wheel for better grip and that cool looking shift **** and wow what a track car that would be

Last edited by 3.73-11; 8/14/10 at 03:25 PM.
Old 8/14/10, 03:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Does the $75 doc fee under the X-Plan is suppose to cover title, registration fee, plates, etc..? or Are those fees extra. The reason I'm asking is because my dealer is charging $120 for everything which I don't think is bad at all but just want to make sure.
Old 8/14/10, 03:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Ah, ok. How are Galpins usually when it comes to pricing? There are only two Ford dealership in the area. Next nearest one is an hour+ away, which I wouldn't mind heading to if both of these dealerships try to bone me.
Old 8/14/10, 04:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey newpony if you don't mind me asking what kind of otd price are you looking at for your stang because that seems like a heck of a lot of options just about darn near everything other than glass roof right?
Old 8/14/10, 04:07 PM
GTR Member

Ah, ok. How are Galpins usually when it comes to pricing? There are only two Ford dealership in the area. Next nearest one is an hour+ away, which I wouldn't mind heading to if both of these dealerships try to bone me.
With x-plan the dealer pricing doesn't matter, x-plan price is pre-set.

So, spend the $50 for MCA membership and worry less about price.
Old 8/14/10, 04:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
With x-plan the dealer pricing doesn't matter, x-plan price is pre-set.

So, spend the $50 for MCA membership and worry less about price.
I will do that. Thanks. I always appreciate people that help me save money
Old 8/14/10, 04:18 PM
Bullitt Member

While x plan pricing may be set as far as what the dealer can charge you for&pricing structure, the way I understand it is that not all dealers have to participate its completely voluntary on their part. Allthough since it would earn them a sale and they get a kickback from ford for participating I don't understand why any dealership wouldn't want to participate?
Also something to keep in mind its not 100% fixed as I said I've negotiated away the FDAF fee on my purchase simply by playing two dealers against each other as both we're willing to accept the x plan or do invoice+holdback pricing without it, and both we're willing to give me the same amount for my trade and both charge the same doc fee of $699 with both not wanting to budge on that.
One offered to waive the fdaf when asked about it so I took that to the original dealership and after some negotiating and talking with the finance manager sales manager and even the owner they agreed to match it so I stayed with them*gwinnett place ford is literally 8 miles from my house whereas wade ford is about 27 miles away but pretty close to my work. I've purchased new mustangs from both dealerships in the last year and had good&bad experiences with both transactions so I didn't care who earned my business in the end

Last edited by 3.73-11; 8/14/10 at 04:22 PM.
Old 8/14/10, 04:40 PM
GTR Member

X-plan pricing is set, the dealer may choose to change other costs and could go lower than x-plan price but if they are going to participate in x-plan they can't sell it for more than the pre-set price.
Old 8/14/10, 05:33 PM
GTR Member

Mod thoughts for a 2011 V6 PP...

Replace the front bumper cover with one from a GT and use a GT/CS front lower facia kit...

Quick Reply: V6 Performance Package