Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

The UPS man showed up!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12/21/10, 08:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks really good.

I think those pics has made me change my mind about going with the GT/CS front end and saving up to get the Roush setup.
Old 12/21/10, 10:02 AM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Old 12/21/10, 10:48 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The UPS guy dropped off my Roush fascia yesterday! It looks good! They shipped my splitters separately, but just checked and they will most likely be delivered today. Merry Christmas me! My setup will be pretty similar to yours.

Now if santa would just bring the roush exhaust axle-backs

Hey Chip, how difficult is it to install this fascia and fog light kit? I'm thinking about doing it myself. I've never done something like this before but it looks okay. What do you think? Also, how did you run your wiring?

Last edited by emilram11; 12/21/10 at 02:14 PM.
Old 12/21/10, 06:31 PM
GT Member

Thanks for all the great compliments! Here's a few more pictures with the latest piece that showed up (My Little Pony) grill emblem!!!

The UPS man showed up!!!!!!!!!-front.jpg

The UPS man showed up!!!!!!!!!-front2.jpg
Old 12/21/10, 06:50 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Chip
Thanks for all the great compliments! Here's a few more pictures with the latest piece that showed up (My Little Pony) grill emblem!!!

Attachment 81959

Attachment 81961
Looks great Chip. Looking very customized at this point!

Hey you may have missed my question, how difficult was it to install the front bumper cover? I'm thinking of doing it.
Old 12/21/10, 07:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks awesome dude, I really like that combo. Where'd ya get the Pony from?

Last edited by Digital_Synapse; 12/21/10 at 07:37 PM.
Old 12/22/10, 04:04 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by emilram11
Looks great Chip. Looking very customized at this point!

Hey you may have missed my question, how difficult was it to install the front bumper cover? I'm thinking of doing it.
The cover was fairly easy to install, a little nerve racking when removing the stock cover. It makes one hell of a noise when you pull it off!!! Sounds like your ripping things apart! I did the whole job myself in about 3 hours! The hardest part for me on the cover was installing the upper and lower grills because of where the screw locations are.
Old 12/22/10, 04:07 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Digital_Synapse
Looks awesome dude, I really like that combo. Where'd ya get the Pony from?
America Muscle.
Old 12/22/10, 05:40 AM

Those wheels just made me puke in my mouth... Thanks!
Old 12/22/10, 10:32 AM
GT Member

The cover was fairly easy to install, a little nerve racking when removing the stock cover. It makes one hell of a noise when you pull it off!!! Sounds like your ripping things apart! I did the whole job myself in about 3 hours! The hardest part for me on the cover was installing the upper and lower grills because of where the screw locations are.
Thanks for sharing. Yah I'm going out today to get all the tools I need. I need one of those push pin removers. I'm going to pick up some extra push pins too so I dont have to worry about them breaking. Any other tips to share?
Old 12/22/10, 11:19 AM
Bullitt Member

I bought a push pin remover. DON'T need. They just need a little nudge with a small screwdriver. Pins practically fall out. You won't break them
Old 12/22/10, 04:38 PM
GT Member

Thanks for sharing. Yah I'm going out today to get all the tools I need. I need one of those push pin removers. I'm going to pick up some extra push pins too so I dont have to worry about them breaking. Any other tips to share?
Are you going with the Roush grill if so then your going to hack up the wiring harness from Roush to make it work with the factory fog light switch! If you are pm me and I can explain what you need to do!
Old 12/22/10, 06:06 PM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Talking

cars looks flawless, i hope youre happy with it because i sure would be
Old 12/22/10, 06:19 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by GJM20115.0
I bought a push pin remover. DON'T need. They just need a little nudge with a small screwdriver. Pins practically fall out. You won't break them
- Thanks. I'm hoping I don't have problems with the push pins. My local dealer didn't have any extra.

Are you going with the Roush grill if so then your going to hack up the wiring harness from Roush to make it work with the factory fog light switch! If you are pm me and I can explain what you need to do!
No I'm keeping the OEM grille.

Have a question for you both you guys. Had trouble finding a 5.5mm deep socket 1/4 drive anywhere. I did find a standard 5.5mm socket though. Do I really need a deep one?

Last edited by emilram11; 12/22/10 at 06:21 PM.
Old 12/22/10, 06:48 PM
GT Member

- Thanks. I'm hoping I don't have problems with the push pins. My local dealer didn't have any extra.

No I'm keeping the OEM grille.

Have a question for you both you guys. Had trouble finding a 5.5mm deep socket 1/4 drive anywhere. I did find a standard 5.5mm socket though. Do I really need a deep one?
I used a 7/32 6 point socket with a short extension! The push pins come out with a small flat blade screw driver! I just lifted up the push pin enough to get two finger nails under it and pull out, their not that hard! I didn't break any! When you go to pull the stock cover off I started at the wheel well and pulled the cover over the fender well lip. When you get both sides over the lip either have someone hold on to the cover with you or sit on the ground with your legs under the cover and pull straight out! It takes a little bit of effort, you'll know that it came loose when you hear the loud snapping sound! Once both sides are loose the cover will lift off buy pulling out and up!!! Have fun!!!!
Old 12/22/10, 07:25 PM
GT Member

I used a 7/32 6 point socket with a short extension! The push pins come out with a small flat blade screw driver! I just lifted up the push pin enough to get two finger nails under it and pull out, their not that hard! I didn't break any! When you go to pull the stock cover off I started at the wheel well and pulled the cover over the fender well lip. When you get both sides over the lip either have someone hold on to the cover with you or sit on the ground with your legs under the cover and pull straight out! It takes a little bit of effort, you'll know that it came loose when you hear the loud snapping sound! Once both sides are loose the cover will lift off buy pulling out and up!!! Have fun!!!!
Ok perfect. I have one of those. Thanks for the advice. Stay on top of your PMs or this thread in case I have more questions later on

Thanks again!