2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

( UPDATE with big pics) MONTREAL PONIES gets his 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 6/28/10 | 07:56 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by PTRocks
My cell phone doesn't take pics. I'm old school that way. I used my camera to take Montreal ponies road trip pics. Are those good enough for you?
Those are perfect! I'd be happy if I had that quality
Old 6/28/10 | 08:07 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Those are perfect! I'd be happy if I had that quality
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3, great lens and zoom for a pocket camera. Also records HD video.
Old 6/28/10 | 09:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by PTRocks
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3, great lens and zoom for a pocket camera. Also records HD video.
When's that video you took while telling me to floor it going on youtube ?
Old 6/28/10 | 10:47 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by montreal ponies
Well, obviously that is why a dealer preps the car for you guys. But prepping doesn't go as far as waxing and throuly cleaning the car. They just pressure wash it and clean it with wash mit or soft bristle car brush. Your car will have been in an auto plant environment with all it's contaminents and stuff. Then it leaves the plant sitting outside for weeks, in some unfortunate cases months. So that makes for some more outside airborne contaminents. Obviously, you could leave it the way you pick it up at the dealership, but in all cases the paint needs a good wax cleaner job or clay bar treatment, and then a good coat or two of quality wax to protect it especially if the car will be sitting outside under those harmful UV rays.
"Soft bristle" car brush? That's scary?

One thing.. is the paint on the Mustang easy to scratch? I know on my bimmer I can't take it to any carwash at all because of how soft the paint is... way too swirly aftewards. Can a Mustang go to a carwash or is it handwash only?
Old 6/29/10 | 04:04 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by brycerichert
"Soft bristle" car brush? That's scary?

One thing.. is the paint on the Mustang easy to scratch? I know on my bimmer I can't take it to any carwash at all because of how soft the paint is... way too swirly aftewards. Can a Mustang go to a carwash or is it handwash only?
The less things you let touch your paint, the less possibility of it being scratched.

If you order the car, then you help prevent dealer abuse by not letting them wash it. If you buy it off the lot, it's at their mercy for as long as it sits there.

If you're new or more interested in good car care, check out sites like Autogeek and Autopia for more info.

Now, back on topic...