Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Uhhh. My dealer didn't ask for a copy of driver's license?

Search this Thread

Old 5/6/10, 03:06 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jokerstars
What do you mean? I think the GM means I will now get a priority under 10! Which is awesome. I think by their point of view they did everything fine: They had the allocation and gave me a retail order for it. Nothing to watch really until they get a VIN.
I would think a dealer familiar with ordering cars would be at least a little curious if they didn't get a VIN within a certain period of time after ordering. I dunno. All that matters is that you're satisfied.
Old 5/6/10, 03:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
I would think a dealer familiar with ordering cars would be at least a little curious if they didn't get a VIN within a certain period of time after ordering. I dunno. All that matters is that you're satisfied.
Well, to be fair, I ordered on 4/12. Aren't there tons of people who ordered back in Jan/Feb who STILL don't have VINs?
Old 5/6/10, 04:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My dealer ordered my car on a "retail allocation" rather than "retail order verification" and everything is just fine. My car was built and in transit quicker than I thought it would be ... being an "allocation" did not effect how quickly it got built in my case anyway.

I got all freaked out about them not taking my license too after reading the original "retail order verification" posts a month or so ago. But the owner of the dealership explained it pretty much as explained earlier today in this thread and put my mind at ease.

I ordered Feb 18th and got a priority 10 and it's scheduled ETA was 4/28. "IF" it arrives by the end of this week as we are now hoping it will be 11 weeks.

From all my Ford order outs in the past (3 SN-95's & 1 Windstar), 10 weeks has been pretty typical in the "middle to end" of a Model Year. So I'd guess at least "12 weeks" should be acceptable at this point being this is the "begining" of the MY and the added demand for the new drivetrains.

You've got confirmation from both Ford CS and your dealer that your order is in the system, so all I can say is ... sit back and be patient.

Doug
Old 5/6/10, 04:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah I feel a bit bad calling the dealer a lot to inquire about what type of order and priority I had. Like you, I was freaking out about the lack of license requirement. That being said, the GM did say that talked with the local Ford rep so my car will be pulled asap.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease?
Old 5/6/10, 06:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
He seemed a bit offended because I think he misconstrued my suggestion to "change it" as a threat to cancel my order, when I just meant change my order priority.
He was offended? If he had done it right, he wouldn't be getting asked. This is the (sometimes mis-) Information Age (tm), he should get that by now, and not be irritated at all at your being sure of things. I'd be just a little more wary of things by his reaction, honestly.

Yeah I feel a bit bad calling the dealer a lot to inquire about what type of order and priority I had.
Don't. They're there to help you, and hopefully reassure you. You found reason to be slightly worried, and acted upon it. If they can't handle that, well...