Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Uhhh. My dealer didn't ask for a copy of driver's license?

Search this Thread

Old 5/5/10, 09:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Uhhh. My dealer didn't ask for a copy of driver's license?

I signed the buyer's order and Ford HQ confirmed my order was uploaded on 4/12 and has 'processing' since. But my dealer never asked for my license, just my deposit. I had to VOLUNTEER to fax him my license about two weeks later...I read that the license is required for processing. I still don't know what he did with it.

Can someone comment?
Old 5/5/10, 09:53 PM
GT Member

It is required. Maybe that explains your delay.
Old 5/5/10, 10:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

I read on another site that the Ford system won't accept it without my driver's license, but Ford HQ says my order's been processing since 4/12! I didn't send it to him until like 4/23, and I had to REMIND HIM. Can anyone who works at a dealer opine?

Haven't heard anything from my dealer since I scanned/emailed my license.
Old 5/5/10, 10:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Your dealer probably ordered it as stock to begin with, though now with Ford doing retail orders he might have bothered to change it to Retail and verify it.
Old 5/5/10, 10:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm 90% sure I called Ford HQ a week ago and they said it was retail.
Old 5/5/10, 10:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

"The Dealer only has to scan and upload a copy of the Customer's Driver's License and a signed Buyer's Order to a special Fusion Hybrid Retail Verification Order website. One Ford reviews the documentation and approves the retail order it will be scheduled regardless of the Dealer's Fusion allocation."

Scheduled? Does that mean that the reason I don't have a build date yet is because of my driver's license? Or does it mean accepted into the system?

If it's the latter I don't know how my order has been in the system since 4/12 (date I signed order and made deposit) yet I didn't give my license until about 4/23ish...
Old 5/5/10, 10:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ugh- that is horrible. I hope that isn't why your order is hanging out on the system unprocessed. My dealer asked me for mine right away.

I still wonder if it has something to do with being a V6 manual. Has anyone gotten a V6 manual yet?
Old 5/5/10, 10:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

When I called Ford HQ they told me that my order was "in processing". Is that the same as being unprocessed? But then she said to "relax and be patient and the car will be in your garage before you know it". Sounds like standard customer service blather, but wouldn't she be able to see from her side that my driver's license is missing?

I'm thinking my order should have been to OK since it WAS accepted into the system...I just don't know how he did it without my license. But that would suck if it's still "in processing" because it was missing my driver's license.
Old 5/5/10, 10:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by jokerstars
"The Dealer only has to scan and upload a copy of the Customer's Driver's License and a signed Buyer's Order to a special Fusion Hybrid Retail Verification Order website. One Ford reviews the documentation and approves the retail order it will be scheduled regardless of the Dealer's Fusion allocation."

Scheduled? Does that mean that the reason I don't have a build date yet is because of my driver's license? Or does it mean accepted into the system?

If it's the latter I don't know how my order has been in the system since 4/12 (date I signed order and made deposit) yet I didn't give my license until about 4/23ish...
Interesting. It sounds like that Ford Fusion Hybrid will be scheduled and the annoying factor of allocation for retail if it's confirmed. I wonder if this is a special program to the Hybrid or if Ford does it with everything.

Maybe someone else knows more.

Last edited by Lancel; 5/5/10 at 11:00 PM.
Old 5/5/10, 11:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

From the official FAQ:
Will my order get approved if I don't submit a copy of the customer's driver's license?

No, your order will be placed on hold with Program Headquarters and it will not be eligible for these programs.
BUT, also found this from this forum...

Originally Posted by Falchion
I just got a call from my Sales guy. I have to go over there and give them a copy of my Drivers License! Does that mean that I went to the back of the order line since I didn't provide that before?
Originally Posted by 05fordgt
No, it shouldn't. Not having the license doesn't mean anything as this program is only for Ford to confirm REAL retail orders and to get them built even if a dealer doesn't have allocation. No worries on your issue bud.
^What does Jeff's reply mean? How does not having the license not mean anything? And real retail orders?

Last edited by jokerstars; 5/5/10 at 11:42 PM.
Old 5/6/10, 06:30 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by coffeejolts
Ugh- that is horrible. I hope that isn't why your order is hanging out on the system unprocessed. My dealer asked me for mine right away.

I still wonder if it has something to do with being a V6 manual. Has anyone gotten a V6 manual yet?
Mine's "in transit" and there's another post about a Wisconsin dealer having one already.

Sucks for jokerstars though. . .
Old 5/6/10, 07:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Called Ford HQ just now and they said they THINK everything is fine and that my order doesn't need anything else.

Called my dealer just now and told him that I read retail orders require my driver's license and he said he didn't know that but that he would look into my order and see what's up...waiting for a call back. He said he hasn't seen the driver's license I sent to the sales manager a few weeks ago.

Can someone who works at a dealership comment?
Old 5/6/10, 08:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Called Ford HQ just now and they said they THINK everything is fine and that my order doesn't need anything else.

Called my dealer just now and told him that I read retail orders require my driver's license and he said he didn't know that but that he would look into my order and see what's up...waiting for a call back. He said he hasn't seen the driver's license I sent to the sales manager a few weeks ago.

Can someone who works at a dealership comment?
Why don't you ask your dealership? Seems like they would be the best people to find out this info for you....
Old 5/6/10, 08:08 AM
Cobra R Member

Have they ever ordered a car for a customer before?!?!??
Old 5/6/10, 08:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by AusTXMCA
Why don't you ask your dealership? Seems like they would be the best people to find out this info for you....
I did! I called them about an hour ago and my salesman said he would look into it. Still waiting for a call back.

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
Have they ever ordered a car for a customer before?!?!??
It seems not! I want to listen to Ford HQ and believe everything's OK but I always tend to expect the worst.
Old 5/6/10, 08:49 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
Maybe I'm a conspiracy theorist, but it occurs to me that if they order it without attaching your ID, then that means they don't have to sell it to you?

Seems like if your ID isn't attached to the car, then person B comes in and says "Oh, gimme, I'll pay whatever you're asking", they then don't have to sell you THAT one... but maybe another one later.

And the way around that is to use someone's ID who works at the store, maybe.

/Surely not...
//Just thinking out loud.
///Worry about it when the car shows up... you're cryin' over spilled milk that hasn't spilled yet.
////Mnnn... milk. With chocolate in it.
Old 5/6/10, 08:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Just got a call back from my dealer. He talked to his manager who told him that a driver's license isn't needed to order the car (but it will be needed eventually before I pick it up). He assured me everything was fine and that hopefully I'd get a VIN soon.

Yay..!?
Old 5/6/10, 08:56 AM
Cobra R Member

Just got a call back from my dealer. He talked to his manager who told him that a driver's license isn't needed to order the car (but it will be needed eventually before I pick it up). He assured me everything was fine and that hopefully I'd get a VIN soon.

Yay..!?
That's not very reassuring. I'd ask for a date to be associated with "soon" or I'd take my business elsewhere. He can't have it both ways: "You'll get your VIN soon" and "We can't give you any information."
Old 5/6/10, 09:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

From what I've read here, your order is not a retail order unless your ID has been attached to it.
Old 5/6/10, 09:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
That's not very reassuring. I'd ask for a date to be associated with "soon" or I'd take my business elsewhere. He can't have it both ways: "You'll get your VIN soon" and "We can't give you any information."

He said based on his history of ordering cars I SHOULD be expecting a VIN soon, but all he knows is that my order was uploaded and accepted on 4/12. Ford HQ said the same thing. No ETA or VIN. The "soon" comment was his rough estimate based on ordering previous cars for customers.

Quick Reply: Uhhh. My dealer didn't ask for a copy of driver's license?