Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please guys, don't feed the troll.
Old 9/8/10, 03:41 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Antigini-GT/CS
Putting my .02 in...

I drove a friend's 2008 Toyota Highlander hybrid around for a week in July and for the cost of his car, he didn't have hood struts. His seat was uncomfortable as all hell and his oil filter(I changed his oil myself) wasn't exactly in the greatest position. The gas mileage wasn't even that great, if i'm honest.

When you buy a Mustang, you don't buy it for luxury, or a soft ride or even for something quiet. You buy a Mustang because you want something with a soul, not a computerized voice telling you how to drive the car. Where's the money going? Its going into that 5.0, or those 30mpg's with the v6. Its going into a sleek body, which even if you pay extra for some red paint, it STILL isn't as ridiculous as paying $3,000 for yellow paint on a 370Z, or paying even more than that for the black cherry on a 40th anniversary edition, which gets you badges and not a whole lot else. The truth of the matter is you CAN get a basic 5.0 for 30k, and if you start adding X plan or other discounts that price goes down. Show me a single 370Z, Camaro SS, Challenger R/T, Lexus IS, BMW 3 series, Mercedes C class...any of them, show me a 30k price tag that'll do what the 5.0 will. Of course, if you want more you pay for more. But make the GT a Premium, add Brembos and you're still riding under 40k(even after tax, title and license) which is pretty much what you're going to pay for a 370Z out the door, depending on what options you want.

So a friend of mine with a larger sticker than 40k has no hood struts on his Highlander. You have to buy an M3 to get the same track times as a 5.0, a Camaro requires modification to be at the 5.0 level..where is all of THAT money going? I'm more than happy to sacrifice a patch of leather to own a Mustang.

Originally Posted by Ministang
Please guys, don't feed the troll.

Sounds more like a fan boy, then a troll.
Old 9/8/10, 03:44 PM

1. Hood lifters? Why? The majority of people never ever lift that hood themselves. Personally, I have never needed them. They dont do a better job of hoding the hood then a rod. The question is why do you think they are so important? And why is that a quality issue?
cause I'm a car guy & I work on my own car as opposed to guys who bring in their cars into the dealer for a simple oil change.

2. Show me a car that does not limit leather to SEATING surfaces thats not a luxury car. Find just one car. I would wager even your couch at home is only leather on the seating surface.
feel around the leather seats of japanese & european cars & I bet you don't find little patches of cloth to save, like a buck.

3. I am not sure what seat you are looking at. I dont see any cloth on mine. The seats are actually some of my favorite in any car.
the small patch of cloth is on the front side of your driver's seat. depending on your seating position you may be even notice it. check it out.

4. What are you talking about? You do understand what this car is??? Its not "cheap" they are called design decisions. The car has a purpose....one that you dont get.
yeah they cheaped out on some parts. why isn't the motorized leather seat fully motorized? some people probably don't care if no one else drives the car, but it matters when others in your family has to drive it dude.
Old 9/8/10, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Antigini-GT/CS
Putting my .02 in...

I drove a friend's 2008 Toyota Highlander hybrid around for a week in July and for the cost of his car, he didn't have hood struts. His seat was uncomfortable as all hell and his oil filter(I changed his oil myself) wasn't exactly in the greatest position. The gas mileage wasn't even that great, if i'm honest.

When you buy a Mustang, you don't buy it for luxury, or a soft ride or even for something quiet. You buy a Mustang because you want something with a soul, not a computerized voice telling you how to drive the car. Where's the money going? Its going into that 5.0, or those 30mpg's with the v6. Its going into a sleek body, which even if you pay extra for some red paint, it STILL isn't as ridiculous as paying $3,000 for yellow paint on a 370Z, or paying even more than that for the black cherry on a 40th anniversary edition, which gets you badges and not a whole lot else. The truth of the matter is you CAN get a basic 5.0 for 30k, and if you start adding X plan or other discounts that price goes down. Show me a single 370Z, Camaro SS, Challenger R/T, Lexus IS, BMW 3 series, Mercedes C class...any of them, show me a 30k price tag that'll do what the 5.0 will. Of course, if you want more you pay for more. But make the GT a Premium, add Brembos and you're still riding under 40k(even after tax, title and license) which is pretty much what you're going to pay for a 370Z out the door, depending on what options you want.

So a friend of mine with a larger sticker than 40k has no hood struts on his Highlander. You have to buy an M3 to get the same track times as a 5.0, a Camaro requires modification to be at the 5.0 level..where is all of THAT money going? I'm more than happy to sacrifice a patch of leather to own a Mustang.
I understand exactly what you are saying. mustangs kicka$$ against bmw autos costing almost twice as much. all I'm saying is don't love the mustang so much so can overlook everything else. image is everything. sure you can forgive ford for a little patch of cloth but if they cheap out on a seat, what else are they cheaping out on in the vital parts of the engine, transmission or suspension that is not obvious till it breaks???

Even if you don't agree, don't call them trolls. It only shows a weakness or lack of argument on one's behalf. I understand the need to defend an investment but pointing out negatives can only lead to future improvements. Remember you only get to impress young buyers once else they'll leave you for a hotter sexier chick....I mean car

Last edited by stangout; 9/8/10 at 03:58 PM.
Old 9/8/10, 04:02 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by stangout
I understand exactly what you are saying. mustangs kicka$$ against bmw autos costing almost twice as much. all I'm saying is don't love the mustang so much so can overlook everything else. image is everything. sure you can forgive ford for a little patch of cloth but if they cheap out on a seat, what else are they cheaping out on in the vital parts of the engine, transmission or suspension that is not obvious till it breaks???

Even if you don't agree, don't call them trolls. It only shows a weakness or lack of argument on one's behalf. I understand the need to defend an investment but pointing out negatives can only lead to future improvements. Remember you only get to impress young buyers once else they'll leave you for a hotter sexier chick....I mean car

Sure looks like you are the one that is defending yourself. Some of the people that disagreed with your opinion don't have a 2011 Mustang. So its you the one that is convincing yourself to be ignorant. Facts don't lie, you can try to convince yourself all you wan't, that being said why are you even here if the mustang wasn't something you were considering/ comparing in the first place?
Old 9/8/10, 04:24 PM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by stangout
what else are they cheaping out on in the vital parts of the engine, transmission or suspension that is not obvious till it breaks???
lol...i've got MANY 6,000rpm clutch dumps and my Mustang feels the same as the day I took it home. When(if is more likely) something breaks, it'll be because I do something stupid or make a mistake, not because Ford made a cheap product.
Old 9/8/10, 04:41 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by falhulk

...... The majority of people never ever lift that hood themselves.......

You are joking about that, right? Please tell me you're joking .
Old 9/9/10, 08:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by TireKicker

You are joking about that, right? Please tell me you're joking .
Not at all. We are talking the majority of people, not the majority of enthusiasts. We are a very small percentage.