2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Track Pack badge

Search this Thread

Old 7/16/12, 11:46 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I personally love the way this car looks. Not a huge fan of the Track pack badge...it's color kinda pulls my eyes from the rest of the car. If it was chrome like the 5.0 i wouldn't mind it at all. As for the Boss LT graphic.....it doesn't bother me like i thought it would, or like it does everyone else. Love the plastidipped wheels, they really look good. As a whole it is one of the nicer GT's on the site. Well done. It's your car bro, keep it like you want it. As for the public opinion.....it is what it is. When you post pictures on a public forum, you will get their opinion....good and bad. Just all part of it.
Old 7/16/12, 01:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Why is it so important for people to know you have the track pack? I've never seen someone make a comfort package badge, or a tech badge. It's only you track pack guys.

As for the boss LT, I'm not a fan of misbadging. There is a guy where I live with a Chrysler 300 with 24 inch bling asanti rims and he badged his car with Bentley emblems.
Old 7/16/12, 02:29 PM

to each his own.. not a big fan of the track pack badge.. but the "boss lt" stripe is kinda cool.. maybe a little cooler if it said something different..
Old 7/16/12, 04:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
That dealer may find themselves sued out of business if they continue to do that. "Boss" is a registered trademark of Ford (corporate not dealers) and "Super Snake" is a registered trademark of Shelby America used under license by Ford (again, corporate not dealers). Trademark holders won't usually go after individuals who misuse their trademarks for personal use but they get really aggressive protecting trademarks from commercial misuse. That dealer would be liable for treble damages under trademark law.
Reason I didn't buy the GHIG V6 last week was because the dealer had put the SuperSnake graphics package and Shelby wheels on it. Same dealer that had a BOSS graphic on a V6 a year or so ago. Just sayin'. Big time volume dealer.

Last edited by wannabe; 7/16/12 at 04:01 PM.
Old 7/16/12, 04:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Realistically, most people won't know the difference between a Boss, Shelby, GT, Super Snake, GT350, Boss LT, Colt 305, Le Car, etc. If I had time, woulda bought a GT instead and made it a sleeper. That being said, I'm not a big fan of the labels, but like I said, no one will know the better ... except maybe here ...
Old 7/16/12, 04:55 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by wannabe
Reason I didn't buy the GHIG V6 last week was because the dealer had put the SuperSnake graphics package and Shelby wheels on it. Same dealer that had a BOSS graphic on a V6 a year or so ago. Just sayin'. Big time volume dealer.
So whats the problem with Super-Snake Shelby stripes and wheels on it?? Did it actually say Shelby on it?
Old 7/16/12, 05:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Kabooka
Realistically, most people won't know the difference between a Boss, Shelby, GT, Super Snake, GT350, Boss LT, Colt 305, Le Car, etc. If I had time, woulda bought a GT instead and made it a sleeper. That being said, I'm not a big fan of the labels, but like I said, no one will know the better ... except maybe here ...
Exactly no one will know better. Every time I go to the track I have people coming up to me left and right. Most are just interested in my car. A few ask vague questions such as "is that the new Coyote". And when I tell them it's the 6, they seem even more amazed at that fact considering the performance of the car on the track. But again, most are just interested in enjoying looking at my car without worry about what I may or may not have badged on it.

I tell you what though. I bet you any amount of money that most if not all of the "purists" on this forum who also have v8's would look down on me and probably mock me behind my back for my "6" whereas general car enthusiasts are just more interested in enjoying a car for what it is without being **** about what should or shouldn't go on MY Mustang.
Old 7/16/12, 06:08 PM
Cobra Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by wannabe
Do you by any chance live in San Antonio? Did you happen to see the red v6 in the showroom with the boss stripes on it?

Last edited by jsimmons; 7/16/12 at 06:10 PM.
Old 7/16/12, 06:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jsimmons
Do you by any chance live in San Antonio? Did you happen to see the red v6 in the showroom with the boss stripes on it?
Yes. I bought mine at Jordan. They had the green V6 out on the patio. Didn't notice a red one... but I saw a V6 with the BOSS stripes there long while back... and maybe even before the BOSS hit the streets.
Old 7/16/12, 08:08 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Badass looking car, badges are the only negative.

Id love the stripe without the lettering...track pack badge is too show-offy and ricey, IMO. The wheels already indicate that its a track pack car.

To each his own. theyre definitely not terrible looking, imo.
Old 7/16/12, 09:44 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MRGTX
Badass looking car, badges are the only negative.

Id love the stripe without the lettering...track pack badge is too show-offy and ricey, IMO. The wheels already indicate that its a track pack car.

To each his own. theyre definitely not terrible looking, imo.
technically not correct since you could get the Brembo brake package and not the track Pack and have the same wheels....

I guess those Shelby cars are real show-offy too with all that badging...and those Roush cars too. Oh well..too each their own i say
Old 7/16/12, 09:47 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Flagstang
fyi if you post pics in a public forum what do you think you are asking for??

fo·rum/ˈfôrəm/
Noun:
1.A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
2.An Internet message board.

if he didnt want people to say something he would post on a public forum over and over again. If he didnt want people to look at his car he wouldnt post pics. If he didnt want people to see his car stand out he would stop sticking things to his car. I still do not thinnk anyone has been tasteless with comments and most of this has been very light hearted. Go to a STI, evo bmw, vett or honda forum or even a svt and or a shelby forum and you will see truly mean evil comments and attacks. Whats wrong with this world today when you are in the wrong for simply not liking what someone else has done.

who would of thought a place filled with mustang enthusiasts that worry about proper bolts and grease marks would have an opinion on something car related.
Amen flag.
Old 7/16/12, 09:52 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB

I guess those Shelby cars are real show-offy too with all that badging...and those Roush cars too. Oh well..too each their own i say
but those vehicles you mentioned are all Oem badged... He was referring to additional badging placed by the owner or dealership not officially from the factory.
Old 7/17/12, 04:09 AM
Cobra Member

Go to a ... shelby forum and you will see truly mean evil comments and attacks. Whats wrong with this world today when you are in the wrong for simply not liking what someone else has done.
Actually, many of the Shelby owners say they don't mind misbadged cars as long as it's executed well, and the owner doesn't claim it's a real Shelby when asked. Shelby's (and BOSSes) have been copied since they were originally introduced, so i think there's a certain amount of numbness over it, with the possible exception of the newer (younger) late-model owners.
Old 7/17/12, 05:13 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenCars
To where this thread has gone. Until you guys who do not like what others have done to their cars pay the monthly.. I think you should keep the negative comments to yourself.. Not saying I am a fan of misbadging but at least be tactful and respectful in your remarks.
A- freakin'- men
Old 7/17/12, 12:23 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Actually, many of the Shelby owners say they don't mind misbadged cars as long as it's executed well, and the owner doesn't claim it's a real Shelby when asked. Shelby's (and BOSSes) have been copied since they were originally introduced, so i think there's a certain amount of numbness over it, with the possible exception of the newer (younger) late-model owners.
im a former shelby owner and have gone to the factory in vegas and talked with dozens of owners at shows and events. I have found it to be one of the biggest issues with them and some of them will tell people off in parking lots.
Old 7/17/12, 03:16 PM
Cobra Member

im a former shelby owner and have gone to the factory in vegas and talked with dozens of owners at shows and events. I have found it to be one of the biggest issues with them and some of them will tell people off in parking lots.
I'm not an ex-Shelby owner, and I've been to the factory in Vegas as well (1997). People are generally pretty polite to me when I remind them that Texas is a concealed-carry state. I'm not sure how "telling me off" in a parking lot - or anywhere else for that matter - would be beneficial to the person being an asshat.

Just sayin...

BTW, what Shelby did you used to have? I used to have a 65 GT-350 R-Model clone - dual quad 302 (with OEM intake, carbs, and dual-point distributer), toploader, narrowed 9-inch with 31-spline axles, disc brakes, welded-in roll cage, fiberglass racing seats 5-point Simpson harness, and anything not directly related to speed or safety ripped from the car. It was my daily driver. I'd never had it up against a real R-Model, but it was fast enough to turn 13's in the 1/4 mile at OCIR on pump gas and street tires, and I used to race it at Riverside before they closed that track down.

Last edited by jsimmons; 7/17/12 at 03:27 PM.
Old 7/17/12, 03:31 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I'm not an ex-Shelby owner, and I've been to the factory in Vegas as well (1997). People are generally pretty polite to me when I remind them that Texas is a concealed-carry state. I'm not sure how "telling me off" in a parking lot - or anywhere else for that matter - would be beneficial to the person being an asshat.

Just sayin...

I bet you match your holster to your panties too.
Anyone who hides behind/threatens people with their gun is a total sack of crap.
Old 7/17/12, 03:35 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
technically not correct since you could get the Brembo brake package and not the track Pack and have the same wheels....

Personally, i dont like excessive explanation of what is under the hood of my cars...stripes are a bit much. In the case of the Shelby and Boss cars, it doesn't bother me as much since it's part of the factory package. Still...yes, they are show-offy.

No, I have never been tempted to put "BREMBO" stickers all pver my car. anyone who cares what the car is, already recognizes it.
Old 7/17/12, 03:40 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Get rid of the dumb 5.0 emblem

Quick Reply: Track Pack badge