2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

tornados and convertibles

Search this Thread

Old 7/4/10, 09:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tornados and convertibles

I was driving down the Florida Keys, and got to see a double tornado over the ocean. Cool!!!

Also, must have seen 35 Mustang convertibles. Finally said something to a guy in a gas station, and he replies..........Yeah, they had 100's of them at the rental agency at the airport, nothing better to cruise the Keys in!

Doh !!!
Old 7/5/10, 04:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by dragstart
I was driving down the Florida Keys, and got to see a double tornado over the ocean. Cool!!!

Also, must have seen 35 Mustang convertibles. Finally said something to a guy in a gas station, and he replies..........Yeah, they had 100's of them at the rental agency at the airport, nothing better to cruise the Keys in!

Doh !!!
That's what it is like in Hawaii as well. There are V-6's everywhere! Here I get excited when I see a Shelby, over there it's exciting when you get to see a GT lol.
Old 7/5/10, 02:44 PM
Cobra R Member

One of the "seeds"/precursors to my first-ever Mustang purchase 4 weeks ago was a trip a friend & I took to Key West for Spring break in 1993. We were both recently divorced, about 29/30 years old, young enough to mingle with the college girls, and decided it would be a great time (which it was).

We flew into Miami and rented a 1993 Mustang, a white convertible of course, with that red terrycloth seating. It was great fun for cruising Duval street as well as Rt.1, until my wide-open friend & I decided to jump in the car without opening the doors, Thomas Magnum-style. He ended up cutting he lower leg open on a windshield header rubber strip support (that seemed engineered to cut open idiots' legs).

Still we turned even that incident into hilariousness - on our way into the doctor office (where he got about 7 stitches), he was pointing to his bloody leg & telling everyone he saw that he was attacked by a shark on Smathers beach! He was a wrestler (had that mentality) and prior to going to the doctor was telling me it was "just a flesh wound" until his shoe filled up with blood, LOL. What a fun week that was...