2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Tire blowout on rear 19"

Search this Thread

Old 11/4/14, 05:03 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
All the tires you've posted look like absolute crap and should've been replaced long before they were.
Old 11/4/14, 05:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Joeywhat
All the tires you've posted look like absolute crap and should've been replaced long before they were.
That was only 1 tire with 4 different pictures of it.

It's only got 20,000 kilometres on it though.
Should at least last 80,000. Like a few other posters have said though; lesson learned. I need to be more Vigilant in checking my air pressure.

Those TPMS on new cars account for low tire pressure but not for the tire being overfilled. Nothing beats a visual inspection every now and then and a check with a tire pressure gauge.
The weird thing is that I've never noticed any premature wear on that tire at all.
Not that I physically got down and checked closely, but I figure I would have seen something at a glance walking behind the car as much as I do.
I love all these newer technologies, but sometimes people take all these things for granted and forget how to love and take care of (or drive) their car in a more personal hands-on kinda way.
Old 11/5/14, 06:37 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Moejoe_989
That was only 1 tire with 4 different pictures of it.

It's only got 20,000 kilometres on it though.
Should at least last 80,000. Like a few other posters have said though; lesson learned. I need to be more Vigilant in checking my air pressure.

Those TPMS on new cars account for low tire pressure but not for the tire being overfilled. Nothing beats a visual inspection every now and then and a check with a tire pressure gauge.
The weird thing is that I've never noticed any premature wear on that tire at all.
Not that I physically got down and checked closely, but I figure I would have seen something at a glance walking behind the car as much as I do.
I love all these newer technologies, but sometimes people take all these things for granted and forget how to love and take care of (or drive) their car in a more personal hands-on kinda way.

one would be lucky to get 80k out any tires. Even if you drove your car meticulously and didn't drive aggressively, I doubt you'd get that.