Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

stress crack in new '14 mustang

Search this Thread

Old 1/4/15, 07:14 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by BOSS MAN 13
Not meaning to be a dick here, I'm just playing Devil's advocate . But how do you know that some kids baseball didn't hit it when it was parked and you weren't around? I get those paranoid thoughts when I park my Boss at the HS I teach, but the bottom, line is the car provides no pleasure sitting in the garage.
I work at a high school too and can't imagine taking my new car there. Not because of the kids but the parents and how they (well a lot it seems) can't drive or park.
Old 1/4/15, 08:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd also like to throw a Devil's Advocate angle...there's only one photo there, but it looks like there's a couple of "traces" to the crack there, not just a single hairline break. That generally does indicate impact. Are you sure you haven't parked in a lot somewhere with some loose rocks that a passing truck could pickup and toss your way?

Sorry to hear about the bad luck, and not meaning to call anybody out or anything, but from the one photo provided, if that's all I had to go on, I'd judge it an impact too.
Old 1/4/15, 08:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Now that someone said it... I thought this from the moment I read this thread. Not to say it couldn't be a stress crack because it could... But to those who bash the Dealer and Ford for not correcting this without question... I just caution that type of behavior. Having said that I would be EXTREMELY upset in the situation as well. Not at Ford or the Dealer... But at the situation. To the OP... I hope the problem is corrected to your satisfaction!
Old 1/4/15, 09:16 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Being a sage old 59 year old and watching other friends pass on, I realize every day is a gift, I USE my "dream car" every chance I can. I do live on a mile of dirt road, so my BOSS doesn't roll unless we get a good hard freeze, or until spring when things dry out. I guess you just can't have everything, I love my rural location and it's quiet twisty roads, and the freedom it provides, but dammit WINTER is just too long!

And my car at school is relatively safe, I'm a shop teacher and park in the back of school with my custodian buddies and teacher friends. AND I'm lucky this school is locked down like a gnat's butthole during the day, no wandering kids during lunch, or people during the day, the school resource officer takes care of that, I hook him up too!

Name:  THEBOSS008_zps29c28ad7.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  426.9 KB
Old 1/4/15, 01:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 14Glassback
Now that someone said it... I thought this from the moment I read this thread. Not to say it couldn't be a stress crack because it could... But to those who bash the Dealer and Ford for not correcting this without question... I just caution that type of behavior. Having said that I would be EXTREMELY upset in the situation as well. Not at Ford or the Dealer... But at the situation. To the OP... I hope the problem is corrected to your satisfaction!

Agreed!! Also, I would file a claim with your insurance and get it taken care of. I know it's a bummer, It's kind of like getting kicked in the nuts, you just have to suck it up!!!!