2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Still 'not scheduled'!

Search this Thread

Old 4/21/10, 07:48 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FordBlueHeart
No other dealers close? Like within a half hours drive? I wouldn't even give them my warranty work Jerry.
A half hour in northern VA is the 5 miles to my dealer.

I've bought Fords from at least 4 different area Ford dealers and they're all pretty much crappy. This is probably the LEAST crappy.

I kid you not. . . the "quick lane" had a 6+ hour wait for an oil change... at 8:00 AM. And they looked at me like I was being unrealistic. I paid A LOT more elsewhere. And got it done in 30 minutes. The second time I did this. With warranty work I just drop it off and let them fix it.

Unfortunately, you only get a survey when you actually have service work done. And just WAIT until I get my sales survey. . . I'll show THEM! Um, yeah. . . wonder if I can get my 10 minutes back after I waste it on the survey.
Old 4/21/10, 07:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

I half time between NOVA and DC.

I've found two NOVA Ford Dealers who didn't annoy me, and I still didn't buy from them because of the outrageous processing fees. I recommend buying from a Maryland dealership to save some serious cash. I ordered my Stang without setting foot in the dealership.

500 below invoice.

One douchey salesman in Alexandria offered 750 below invoice but when I asked for this offer in an email/writing, he mysteriously vanished. I've had cases where salesmen mysteriously forget their great over-the-phone offer.
Old 4/21/10, 07:59 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by jokerstars
I half time between NOVA and DC.

I've found two NOVA Ford Dealers who didn't annoy me, and I still didn't buy from them because of the outrageous processing fees. I recommend buying from a Maryland dealership to save some serious cash. I ordered my Stang without setting foot in the dealership.

500 below invoice.

One douchey salesman in Alexandria offered 750 below invoice but when I asked for this offer in an email/writing, he mysteriously vanished. I've had cases where salesmen mysteriously forget their great over-the-phone offer.
I have x-plan so no worries about the processing fees. Have to say that has been the BEST thing to happen to my Ford purchases since the Internet was invented by Al Gore. Although x-plan is not more than $500 below invoice.

Last edited by corvettedreamin; 4/21/10 at 08:13 PM. Reason: I forget important words. . .
Old 4/21/10, 08:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yuck! A half hour drive for me is like 35 miles, no expressway!
Old 4/21/10, 08:04 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by FordBlueHeart
Yuck! A half hour drive for me is like 35 miles, no expressway!
I grew up in your part of the country... I know of what you speak.
Old 4/21/10, 08:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/login.do

Use code: NDUNV

How did you arrive at saying that it's more than 500 below? Look up at 2011 v6 stang.

The X-Plan prices aren't below invoice if you compare with the pricing PDF. Remember you still have to add 850 destination. But I'm not THAT familiar with X-plan...why don't processing fees apply? Anything else not apply?

Last edited by jokerstars; 4/21/10 at 08:08 PM.
Old 4/21/10, 08:12 PM
Cobra R Member

https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/login.do

Use code: NDUNV

How did you arrive at saying that it's more than 500 below? Look up at 2011 v6 stang.

The X-Plan prices aren't below invoice if you compare with the pricing PDF. Remember you still have to add 850 destination. But I'm not THAT familiar with X-plan...why don't processing fees apply? Anything else not apply?
Sorry, meant "not" below invoice. When I get tired I start to forget really important words. This is why I don't teach English classes to speakers of other languages late at night. Or ever, really.

But the x-plan program specifies no more than $75 in processing/doc fees except where prohibited by law or some such nonsense. Also, you're guaranteed all available incentives at the time you close the deal. They (dealers) actually look them up for you. in some cases, if you aren't a plan purchaser and you don't know about the incentives, some dealers will just shut up and let you negotiate your best deal.
Old 4/21/10, 08:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Oh ok.

Do you know if FDAF charges apply to X-plan purchases?

Also, my dealer told me all incentives/rebates I will get at time of delivery...which given these stupid holds could be August...

But he also claimed 500 below invoice was better than the X-plan price.

I'll also note Maryland processing fees are only 90 bucks compared to Virginia's 300-600.
Old 4/21/10, 08:25 PM
Cobra R Member

Oh ok.

Do you know if FDAF charges apply to X-plan purchases?
Yep.

Also, my dealer told me all incentives/rebates I will get at time of delivery...which given these stupid holds could be August...

But he also claimed 500 below invoice was better than the X-plan price.
Yep!

I'll also note Maryland processing fees are only 90 bucks compared to Virginia's 300-600.
I'm confident there are Maryland dealers who charge more than $90. I'm also confident there are VA dealers who charge less than $300 although perhaps not in northern VA.

I think MD sales tax (6%) is higher than VA sales tax (3% on cars). You pay whatever the price is in the state you purchase it and deal with the difference first at the DMV/MVA if you paid less and then on your taxes if you want it back if you paid more. 3% is a lot extra to pay at point of sale if you're a VA resident ($900 on a $30k car.)
Old 4/21/10, 08:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

I don't think that last part is accurate.

I'm looking at my buyer's form and order confirmation sheet. My dealer checked "VA" for taxes and indeed only charged me 3%. But still only the 90 dollar processing fee.

I think you're right about there being no NOVA dealerships that have below $300 processing fees. Sucks, because there are so many ford VA dealers within 20 minutes of me. But I don't mind driving to PG country once if it saves me 400 dollars.
Old 4/21/10, 09:05 PM
Cobra R Member

I don't think that last part is accurate.

I'm looking at my buyer's form and order confirmation sheet. My dealer checked "VA" for taxes and indeed only charged me 3%. But still only the 90 dollar processing fee.

I think you're right about there being no NOVA dealerships that have below $300 processing fees. Sucks, because there are so many ford VA dealers within 20 minutes of me. But I don't mind driving to PG country once if it saves me 400 dollars.
If the dealer has a business license in both states I'm pretty sure they can collect for either (and subsequently pass that on to the respective state) so it's entirely possible your dealer will collect for VA but I don't think ALL dealers can do that.

Just remember when driving to PG County to a) not stop and b) go armed. Oh, wait, only the criminals have guns in PG County. And cops. And sometimes those are the same people.
Old 4/21/10, 09:38 PM
GT Member

X-Plan price

I am getting my 'stang with the X- plan price. It is a fixed price that the dealer will bring up on his computer if you qualify for it. It is approx. $125 over 'invoice' ( dealer price + 3 % holdback) plus delivery. The doc fees are limited to $75. You can qualify for the X-plan if you work for a company that has it or if you own at least 100 shares of Ford stock for a minimum of 6 months prior to applying for your X-plan PIN # or if someone has a PIN # and lets you use it.
It is my understanding that if you would buy a car out of state then the dealer should give you transit tags, which are usually good for 30 days, and that you would have to pay a fee for those transit tags and THEN you pay the sales tax in the state that you register the car in.
Old 4/21/10, 09:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by nsthesa
I am getting my 'stang with the X- plan price. It is a fixed price that the dealer will bring up on his computer if you qualify for it. It is approx. $125 over 'invoice' ( dealer price + 3 % holdback) plus delivery. The doc fees are limited to $75. You can qualify for the X-plan if you work for a company that has it or if you own at least 100 shares of Ford stock for a minimum of 6 months prior to applying for your X-plan PIN # or if someone has a PIN # and lets you use it.
It is my understanding that if you would buy a car out of state then the dealer should give you transit tags, which are usually good for 30 days, and that you would have to pay a fee for those transit tags and THEN you pay the sales tax in the state that you register the car in.
If you get an internet price you will find some dealers will offer you hundreds below invoice...
Old 4/21/10, 09:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Oh, and I hope you're wrong about the transferring tax/thing. That's not how my dealer explained it to me.
Old 4/22/10, 06:44 AM
V6 Member

My 2011 V6 convertible also ordered on March 24th.

Also still not scheduled as of yesterday.
Old 4/22/10, 07:47 AM
GT Member

You will pay the sales tax in the state that you will permanetly register the car in. Otherwise, why shouldn't everyone in the N.E. go to Delaware to buy a car where there is no state sales tax. For example is you live a buy a car in DEL. and register there then, NO sales tax. But if you live in Pa. (just across the border lets say) and register that car you bought in DEL.in Pa. you'll have to pay 6% sales tax. Forget what your dealer told you, and check with the state D.O.T. that you plan to register the car in so that you will have NO surprises.Fair warned.
Old 4/22/10, 08:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

No, I agree. The way you seemed to explain it was that I would pay 6% Maryland tax, then have to pay 3% VA tax and get my money back from Maryland. My Maryland dealer said that I can just pay the 3% VA tax through him.
Old 4/22/10, 08:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

No, I agree. The way you seemed to explain it was that I would pay 6% Maryland tax, then have to pay 3% VA tax and get my money back from Maryland. My Maryland dealer said that I can just pay the 3% VA tax through him.
Your dealer is correct since a lot of Maryland dealers deal with VA residents all the time.
Old 4/22/10, 09:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Thats how it is here. I live in Michigan close to the Indiana state line. I've bought quite a few cars in Indiana, I just pay the sales tax when I register it in Michigan. Or if you fininace it in the loan, they give you a certifiaction stating that the sales tax was already collected to give to the Secretary of State office.