2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Still 'not scheduled'!

Search this Thread

Old 4/20/10, 07:45 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still 'not scheduled'!

Well I ordered my GT Conv.Prem. on March 24th. It's Race red, auto,black top, stone leather,secur. pkg.,hid's,comfort pkg.,rear video cam, & remote starter. I called Ford today and I was told that it is in production. When I went to check the VIN it turned out to be a Shelby! so obviously the guy was mistaken. Upon calling back I was told that the car was"not scheduled" yet but was in the computer queue. So now it's just shy of a month ...any thoughts out there as to when??

Thanks
Old 4/20/10, 07:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by nsthesa
Well I ordered my GT Conv.Prem. on March 24th. It's Race red, auto,black top, stone leather,secur. pkg.,hid's,comfort pkg.,rear video cam, & remote starter. I called Ford today and I was told that it is in production. When I went to check the VIN it turned out to be a Shelby! so obviously the guy was mistaken. Upon calling back I was told that the car was"not scheduled" yet but was in the computer queue. So now it's just shy of a month ...any thoughts out there as to when??

Thanks
Your dealer would know better than anyone here. Kinda sounds like your dealer isn't on the ball, so maybe they gave you a high priority and your car won't get scheduled for a while still.
Old 4/20/10, 07:52 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks
Just gotta be patient, friend. GT production just recently started and there are 10's of thousands of '11 Mustangs in the order banks waiting just like yours
Old 4/20/10, 07:56 PM
GT Member

Thanks
I also have a race red GT Premium convertible ordered. I ordered it 3/15. Dealer gave me the VIN a few days later, and said it was scheduled for production on 4/19. Was only able to get the window sticker today, and now it says scheduled for production 4/26. This stuff is changing constantly, so I wouldn't get too worried yet.
Old 4/20/10, 08:13 PM
GT Member

Thanks...not really worried, as I have a Boxster that I drive, but I've been reading this forum for a while and looking forward to the new car.
Old 4/20/10, 08:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

placed my order on 2-11-10, there are others that placed orders prior to me that still dont have VINS either. just be patient. as others stated there is a hold on all 11's.
Old 4/20/10, 09:38 PM

I have a Sterling Grey GT Premium Convertible manual with HID, electronics, security & comfort package that was ordered Feb 10th. My dealer just said it was to be pulled for production on May 10th but still no VIN.
Old 4/21/10, 09:35 AM
GT Member

Mustang

Patience ordered mine as soon as they were announced, Jan or Feb?? It's been too long ago, So there are others on here that have ordered them 2 to 3 months ago, and we don't have anything yet either....so relax
Old 4/21/10, 09:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks
Just be patient. I ordered mine 1/27/10 and don't have a VIN# as of yet.
Old 4/21/10, 09:51 AM
V6 Member

Latest on mine
Order 3/1
Build Date 4/21
I just keep looking at my window sticker
I know it will be worth the wait
Tom
Old 4/21/10, 10:31 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Goldwing
Latest on mine
Order 3/1
Build Date 4/21
I just keep looking at my window sticker
I know it will be worth the wait
Tom
Having that window sticker to watch in the meantime really helps, doesn't it....
Old 4/21/10, 11:22 AM
Cobra R Member

So many people ordered before me and still don't have a VIN? That seems quite odd. I ordered on 4/3 and got a VIN on 4/16. No window sticker yet though.
Old 4/21/10, 11:30 AM
V6 Member

Dang... I ordered my GT on 2/2/10.... Priority 01 No VIN, Nothin!
Old 4/21/10, 11:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
So many people ordered before me and still don't have a VIN? That seems quite odd. I ordered on 4/3 and got a VIN on 4/16. No window sticker yet though.
Ford will most likely pull orders by sales volume by region. It's one reason why I don't realistically expect to hear my order got pulled this month. The Northeast makes up a small fraction of all Mustang sales (I heard it's 3%, but this comes from a dealer I decided not to do business with because they lied to me). I don't blame Ford if they decide to get the cars out to the regions with typically-higher sales volume. I heard Northern VA has some pretty high volume dealerships so
Old 4/21/10, 11:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by DontShoot
Ford will most likely pull orders by sales volume by region. It's one reason why I don't realistically expect to hear my order got pulled this month. The Northeast makes up a small fraction of all Mustang sales (I heard it's 3%, but this comes from a dealer I decided not to do business with because they lied to me). I don't blame Ford if they decide to get the cars out to the regions with typically-higher sales volume. I heard Northern VA has some pretty high volume dealerships so
This actually makes a lot of sense. I've been wondering how I got a VIN and sticker so quickly but I'm in the DFW area.
Old 4/21/10, 11:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

I didn't buy in northern VA because of outrageous processing fees. I ordered from an eastern Maryland dealership. I wonder when I'll get mine....this latest plant-not-making-stangs debacle doesn't help either.
Old 4/21/10, 02:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

A lot depends on what you order. If for instance you ordered NAV and NAV is volume restricted you may be 3 months waiting on an order while the guy that orders behind you and doesnt order NAV may have his in 3 weeks.

PS GT Convertibles seem to be taking the longest to pull.

Last edited by Gene K; 4/21/10 at 02:49 PM.
Old 4/21/10, 04:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Gene K
A lot depends on what you order. If for instance you ordered NAV and NAV is volume restricted you may be 3 months waiting on an order while the guy that orders behind you and doesnt order NAV may have his in 3 weeks.
makes sense to me
ordered my car 3/30 and got a VIN 4/02 from a smaller dealership in north/central MD
my window sticker does not generate yet
my options are short and sweet: brembos, security and 3.73 gear on a premium GT
at the time i ordered they had a dealer stock car with the same options as mine plus the comfort pkg slated for an ETA of 4/20
i believe i was the 2nd GT destined for them
Old 4/21/10, 06:28 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Gene K

PS GT Convertibles seem to be taking the longest to pull.
I ordered NAV.

My salesman gave me a VIN. I was so excited I just assumed it was good. I checked for a sticker for days but still nothing. Not unexpected, mind you. But then I took a look at the VIN and realized "someone" made a pretty basic mistake. It was only 16 digits. I asked him to check and not suprisingly, got ZERO response today and he's off tomorrow (this is a trend with my salesman -- no info, no responses unless prodded repeatedly.)

So I spent some time decoding the VIN elements and realized he/someone left out one fundamental digit. I called Ford and sure enough, they had the record and my car has a delivery ETA of 5/8 but they couldn't tell me the build date. I have to say the Ford Customer Care person I spoke with was EXCEPTIONAL. Very polite, very willing to help, and very grateful for me as a customer. It's been a long time since I've experienced "customer service" like that. Good on ya, Ford!

So on the one hand, I'm impressed with everything Ford is doing. On the other, I'm totally UNIMPRESSED with my dealer. Again. I even responded to their General Sales Manager after I was contacted regading my concerns about a lack of communication and got ZERO response to my concerns/comments. So as far as I'm concerned, the dealer is where I go for warranty work and convenient window shopping for cars/accessories but I'll spend my service, accessory, and parts dollars somewhere else. Most likely online.
Old 4/21/10, 07:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
I ordered NAV.

My salesman gave me a VIN. I was so excited I just assumed it was good. I checked for a sticker for days but still nothing. Not unexpected, mind you. But then I took a look at the VIN and realized "someone" made a pretty basic mistake. It was only 16 digits. I asked him to check and not suprisingly, got ZERO response today and he's off tomorrow (this is a trend with my salesman -- no info, no responses unless prodded repeatedly.)

So I spent some time decoding the VIN elements and realized he/someone left out one fundamental digit. I called Ford and sure enough, they had the record and my car has a delivery ETA of 5/8 but they couldn't tell me the build date. I have to say the Ford Customer Care person I spoke with was EXCEPTIONAL. Very polite, very willing to help, and very grateful for me as a customer. It's been a long time since I've experienced "customer service" like that. Good on ya, Ford!

So on the one hand, I'm impressed with everything Ford is doing. On the other, I'm totally UNIMPRESSED with my dealer. Again. I even responded to their General Sales Manager after I was contacted regading my concerns about a lack of communication and got ZERO response to my concerns/comments. So as far as I'm concerned, the dealer is where I go for warranty work and convenient window shopping for cars/accessories but I'll spend my service, accessory, and parts dollars somewhere else. Most likely online.
No other dealers close? Like within a half hours drive? I wouldn't even give them my warranty work Jerry.

Quick Reply: Still 'not scheduled'!