Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Steeda CAI install loss of power

Search this Thread

Old 3/11/17, 10:46 AM
V6 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Steeda CAI install loss of power

I was running the stock CAI and a Bama performance 91 tune on my 2010 GT. The car ran great and had good torque and power. Always wanting to improve the power, I purchased a Steeda CAI and Steeda 93 tune. I cleared the KAM before installing the tune. Now the car seem to drive like it is stock . The torque and power is noticeably lower and it really is disappointing to drive until over 4000 with is not realistic on the street. Any ideas what could be wrong? It seems like I wasted $500 and am ready to pull it off and go back to the way it was. Still no word from Steeda.
Thanks,
Jon

Last edited by steevesj; 3/11/17 at 11:09 AM.
Old 3/11/17, 02:35 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Did you call Steeda's Tech line? They are really good.

WHy did you get another tune and a CAI. CAI dont really do much if anything...
Old 3/11/17, 02:47 PM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

Received 132 Likes on 118 Posts
It sounds like the tune isn't right for your set up. Contact Steeda they will make it right.

Last edited by EF1; 3/12/17 at 09:16 AM.
Old 3/11/17, 05:47 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Did you email us ... call us? It sounds like it needs to be data logged ... you shouldn't lose power.

Send me me your contact info to tim@steeda.com.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 3/12/17, 02:57 PM
GT Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by steevesj
I was running the stock CAI and a Bama performance 91 tune on my 2010 GT. The car ran great and had good torque and power. Always wanting to improve the power, I purchased a Steeda CAI and Steeda 93 tune. I cleared the KAM before installing the tune. Now the car seem to drive like it is stock . The torque and power is noticeably lower and it really is disappointing to drive until over 4000 with is not realistic on the street. Any ideas what could be wrong? It seems like I wasted $500 and am ready to pull it off and go back to the way it was. Still no word from Steeda.
Thanks,
Jon
get prepared to wait some time to hear back. Hopefully TJ can help you out. That's the only way I've gotten help. If it wasn't for him communicating to them. I may have never gotten my issues looked at
Old 3/12/17, 04:09 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by renee29581
get prepared to wait some time to hear back. Hopefully TJ can help you out. That's the only way I've gotten help. If it wasn't for him communicating to them. I may have never gotten my issues looked at
I hope he gets some help on this. Tj said he'd have someone contact me and it never happened. I just gave up on Steeda. Luckily for them, I had already finished buying all my parts from them before all of this.
Old 3/12/17, 04:12 PM
GT Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. V
I hope he gets some help on this. Tj said he'd have someone contact me and it never happened. I just gave up on Steeda. Luckily for them, I had already finished buying all my parts from them before all of this.
Yea if they don't get this tune right. I'll just give up on them. I even left a message with the tuner and never heard back. TJ does the best he can but it's up to the people at steeda to contact their customers back. I sent some datalogs and I found out I did them wrong he didn't even message me saying oh you need to do it over again. It's like they don't care. I tried to get a refund a long time ago but they were like we will fix it blah blah blah. We shall see lol
Old 3/12/17, 06:30 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Mr. V
Mr V. I gave you the response from our tuning department and there was nothing they could do to alleviate your issue with the SCT device ... I emailed SCT 2x and did not get a response. I said it would be best for you to call SCT and give them your product ID number for trouble shooting ... it would not be beneficial for us to try and trouble shoot the device you have in your possession - did you ever speak to SCT?

Understand we we sold you the device but the product is made by SCT and we do not have the same level of support as they do.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 3/12/17, 06:33 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by renee29581
Yea if they don't get this tune right. I'll just give up on them. I even left a message with the tuner and never heard back. TJ does the best he can but it's up to the people at steeda to contact their customers back. I sent some datalogs and I found out I did them wrong he didn't even message me saying oh you need to do it over again. It's like they don't care. I tried to get a refund a long time ago but they were like we will fix it blah blah blah. We shall see lol
This thread is being sent to our leadership team after I post this response. We take these matters seriously and want to ensure you we are not just going to sit back.

You deserve a tune that works and this will be a top priority.

TJ
Old 3/12/17, 06:34 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Thanks,
Jon
I have received Jon's info and I am in the process of working this out.

Best regards.

TJ
Old 3/16/17, 11:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks,
Jon
So what happened with this steeves? Did they fix your issue? I have a 2014 3.7 and notice a CAI didn't have much power gain.. just on hills. But it makes my V6 sound like a throaty V8! I don't notice anything better till higher speeds/rpm like you previously stated. My car's fast enough so am okay with the loss of torque in lower rpms. It's not by much. Yes, the tune definitely helps!.. best investment I ever made for my Stang!
Old 3/17/17, 03:08 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

From my understanding - we issued a return for the CAI & Jon will be on his way.

We will inspect it upon return.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 3/29/17, 11:43 AM
V6 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Just wanted to give an update. Steeda was very diligent in helping me and trying to solve the problem but ultimately I decided to return the CAI. Matt and Tim were very attentive and helpful and I appreciate their assistance.
Jon