Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Stang - SECURITY stickers/labels?

Search this Thread

Old 8/25/12, 12:06 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stang - SECURITY stickers/labels?

Hello again y'all, I just found some silver color Security stickers/labels with some kind of code number on them in my '13 GT's drivers side door map pocket. I left them there for now and there are about 4 of them I think. I think you have to separate them and then do what. Are they Stickers/labels for the windows to alert/scare off would be thiefs. Do you stick them in a hidden spot in the car to for police to ID the car? I should call Ford service, but I think they might look at me again like I'm on medication or something.
Well, before I do that, maybe some of you know exactly what they are for.
I will give it another week and then I will bring them to Ford and show them to the service or parts dept. I wouldn't bother my salelady, because she didn't have much of a clue as to anything technical on the car upon delivery. VERY nice lady with the whole sales thing, so I gave her a break and said I would figure things out for myself with the manual. YEAH everything but the navigation which I am still learning how to use all the controls and different functions.
Allright ladies and gentlemen, thanks in advance for you help and advice and Take care and bless all our Mustangs. WHAT !!
Old 8/25/12, 12:13 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Yea those are for theft deterrent. They should already be on the car? One goes under the front fascia and one in engine bay. The other is under the dash...at least that's where I found three.

Last edited by Getportfolio; 8/25/12 at 12:17 PM.
Old 8/25/12, 12:16 PM

I take it your car has this on the window?
Attached Thumbnails Stang - SECURITY stickers/labels?-image-127917767.jpg  
Old 8/25/12, 10:13 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
I take it your car has this on the window?
Hey thanks for the input, I went and got those stickers out of the car. I guess the prep crew at the Ford dealership forgot to apply the stickers where ever they were supposed to around the car before I took delivery. I guess they were too busy detailing my car with those red shop rags. Must of been where some of those swirl marks and scratches came from on my black car. Oh sorry, '13 GT/Premium. I took a photo of the six stickers/labels, I made an attempt, but I have no clue as to how to insert, send, download or whatever to the forum site. NOT A CLUE! Anyway, you're right though.

There are six stickers with an Identification Code Number on them and with the words - DNA TRACE SYSTEM / INVISIBLE VEHICLE SECURITY /WARNING TRACEABLE and they are about the size of two postage stamps.

By the way, I was going to tell them not to touch the paint except to prep it for delivery, taking off all the plastic protection, putting down the rugs, inspection and what else they do. I must have forgotten. I gave them so many instructions of what not to do and what to do to my car, but I forgot that one. Most important, they didn't drill or install the front plate bracket. They got that one right.

Hey listen, take care and thanks for the quick response to my questions. Now I can go figure out where the heck I want to apply these labels.

Enjoy the weekend with you Stang...
Old 8/26/12, 08:06 AM
GT Member

Is this something new on the '13? I have a '12 but it didn't come with any sticker that looms like the one above. Can this be easily added?
Old 8/26/12, 08:53 AM

I would apply them when you can. Do a web search on the dna trace. Very interesting how it works.

To be clear, the stickers you have are not the part code as seen in the pic?
Attached Thumbnails Stang - SECURITY stickers/labels?-image-222735878.jpg  

Last edited by Getportfolio; 8/26/12 at 09:14 AM.
Old 8/26/12, 09:03 AM

P.s. ford dealership drilled wifes front bumper upon delivery and she made them replace the bumper. I wonder if she has a different code there now?

Last edited by Getportfolio; 8/26/12 at 09:14 AM.
Old 8/26/12, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by DrDisney
Is this something new on the '13? I have a '12 but it didn't come with any sticker that looms like the one above. Can this be easily added?
The stickers are applied and peeled off. The invisible code bonds to the host paint surface. Cops then use a special backlight to see the code. Pretty sure the sticker is discarded after its applied and that's why you didnt find any.

My technician was obviously lazy in my case.
Old 8/26/12, 09:23 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by DrDisney
How ya doing! Yeah, like a was saying, the prep team at the dealership probably forgot to install the security stickers around the vehicle when prepping the car for delivery. Then again, I found them in my driver side door map pocket. Maybe they threw them in there to avoid finishing their job and be done with my car. I hope not, because I gave them a $40 tip for lunch money when I picked up my car in the the excitement and anxiety!!
Your 2012 might have them already adhered in places around the vehicle. Like Getportfolio said, they might be under the dash, the front facsia, engine bay, etc. I have a total of 6 stickers that I still have to apply.
I guess if a thief were to eliminate any VIN's around the car they would more than likely miss one of these Security Identification labels where authorities would find them (If they even found the car) I guess!!

PS - If any of you new buyers tell the dealership not to drill or install the front plate bracket, make sure they don't keep the bracket. The factory leaves the free bracket that fits your mustang in the trunk. The prep crew decided that I didn't want it installed so they took it out of the trunk and decided to keep it (EBay). They cost about $60 to order a new one if down the road you decide you need it. I needed mine because I found on the internet a neat way to install it on the front lower grill without any hardward or visible attachments. Worked out great and looks great in that location for me. Better than always getting agita when a police car is around.

Oh and the Weatherproof mats $80 I ordered with the car, yeah they forgot to leave those in the car too. I had to call and go back and walk around the dealership with the dealer to find them in the sealed box they came in. They were sitting in a corner in the prep garage (I walked with my super friendly, nice saleslady to go fetch them). Did they forget to leave them in the trunk or were they going home or maybe to (Ebay) . Same guys I gave the $40 tip to. No idea if it was a mistake, but that is their job. The prep garage, that's all they do all day and Sats and Suns they are open prepping vehicles. Two things never made it to my car. ????

Sorry for the loooong winded reply to a simple question, but just makesure you all check every last detail including any scratched on the car. In the excitement and anxiety of taking delivery of the black beauty, I missed a few scratches I think that I found shortly there after, but too late!!! WHEW! Promise, I will make any future replies short and sweet.
Take care and happy motoring!

Last edited by Greg3; 8/26/12 at 09:34 AM.
Old 8/26/12, 09:41 AM
V6 Member

Man, I would have loved to be there for that seen at the dealership. Tough lady, just like my girlfriend. Tough to handle sometimes too. New bumper, Hurray for her!!
Old 8/26/12, 09:52 AM

They were very nice at the dealership. She worked her charm!

The only thing that concerns me is that you have so many stickers. 6! I know you are done with the dealership for a while but those DNA trace stickers should be on your car already.

Are you positive that the stickers haven't already been applied and the tech just put the label remains back into the map pocket? Once the decals are applied the invisible trace number goes on the paint and the paper backing is peeled off. Are the stickers backed still?

Last edited by Getportfolio; 8/26/12 at 09:55 AM.
Old 8/26/12, 12:57 PM
V6 Member

Thanks Getportfolio, Yet again for following through on this security sticker matter. I haven't even left my house yet today on such a beautiful day, but I have the stickers in my hand now and there are 6 total. YES the backing is still attached to the small stickers which are all six together in a vertical row (each sticker the size of 2 side by side postage stamps.

I see the the back of the paper adhered to the stickers has the CODE NUMBER perforated on the backing under the stickers. You can see though the numbers on the backing. I Can't figure it out, but it looks like for sure these stickers were not used yet. I will head over to Ford tomorrow first thing and find out whats going on. Maybe these are duplicate copies for my records, but why 6 copies, because all of the Code numbers are the same numbers.
I am sure there is a logical reason and I hope it's duplicate stickers and not the fact that they forgot to install the codes on my vehicle. I will keep in touch tomorrow, because I'm sure I got your mind working now to as to this mystery with the DNA TRACE System since you know much about it and I never heard of this ever.

Being you are so up on these matters I have one unrelated question maybe you are knowledgeable about also.
My new GT/MT has about 1100 miles on it and I want to add fresh oil already to break it in nice. My Nephew said not to, because the factory synthetic blend oil has a special additive in it to break the car in and for all the seals and whatever. I should wait until I reach 5000 miles. What's your experience on this. Really appreciate all you help. Oh, the dealer told me I could wait until the 7500 mile service when I took delivery. Totally baffled here. Take care...

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

Last edited by Greg3; 8/26/12 at 01:01 PM.
Old 8/26/12, 01:13 PM

Really keeping my fingers crossed that those stickers are extras, not needed and end up in the waste bin. What a headache.

Pretty sure you don't need to change the oil at a 1000 miles and that engine is pretty much broken in. However, I have heard all kinds of things regarding breakin period and not driving at continuous speeds for a long time, breaking her in hard at WOT in order to set the rings...

Anyone?
Old 8/26/12, 01:26 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have none of these stickers but have the security system...WTF? Ive had multiple problems w/ my (new) dealer. Im wondering if they didnt toss them thinking that theyre just unnecessary. I aim to find out.

In regard to break-in, its in the manual. Basically, dont drive it a constant speed for the first 500 miles and dont use oil additives. Otherwise, enjoy.
Old 8/26/12, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by wheelman
I have none of these stickers but have the security system...WTF? Ive had multiple problems w/ my (new) dealer. Im wondering if they didnt toss them thinking that theyre just unnecessary. I aim to find out.

In regard to break-in, its in the manual. Basically, dont drive it a constant speed for the first 500 miles and dont use oil additives. Otherwise, enjoy.
Respectfully, you won't see the stickers. They are applied and peeled off and in essence leave a dot matrix like "fingerprint" that is invisible except under police UV backlight.

However, A few of mine were left on. I imagine my tech went to lunch and forgot about them. I first thought they were just part codes. I now question if the feature even works. My wife's bumper swap is a good example.
Old 8/26/12, 10:54 PM
V6 Member

Respectfully, you won't see the stickers. They are applied and peeled off and in essence leave a dot matrix like "fingerprint" that is invisible except under police UV backlight.

However, A few of mine were left on. I imagine my tech went to lunch and forgot about them. I first thought they were just part codes. I now question if the feature even works. My wife's bumper swap is a good example.
What's up guys, Well as I said, I am going tomorrow to the Ford Service Dept and talk to the Service Manager who keeps sending me welcome to the Dealership letters, post cards and Emaiis and to talk to my Saleperson who sold me the car and get the the bottom of this Security Code Mystery. I will ask both to make sure I don't get the runaround. I can't see these guys admitting that they didn't do their job, so I will ask around. This simple and maybe trivial (If they are going to steal your car, they will steal it no matter what you do) matter is causing me to lose sleep, just because after paying or promising to finish paying over $42 thousand, they rushed my car out of there without caring. At this point, if it was an oversite, I think someone should be reprimanded and kicked in the *** so (maybe) it will not happen to the next guy. It's not just the stickers, but the optional $85 mats that never made it to the car, the plate bracket that they decided upon them selves to keep (just leave it in the darn trunk where the factory put it) and my goodness the red mullt-use garage rags they use to detail a brand new delivered car. We'll get to the bottom of this (I Hope) this week. I will also right the service dept and sales dept a nice letter to express my discontent after i already gave them GLOWING survey responses to the corporate offices.

Goodnight to all,

Last edited by Greg3; 8/26/12 at 11:01 PM.
Old 8/27/12, 11:34 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wouldnt I at least see the one on the window, like someone posted previously?