Sponsored By:

So Pi$$ed off right now, stupid!

Search this Thread

Old 4/25/11, 11:47 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Overboost
It's because you put "Boss"on it.

Sucks to hear, hopefully you'll get it sorted out.
This
Old 4/26/11, 12:18 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
It's because you put "Boss"on it.

Sucks to hear, hopefully you'll get it sorted out.
Old 4/26/11, 04:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by theACE
I hope so, if not I am gonna get them to swap me out like they offered last week. I want a 10 or newer GT, hehe.
They still have a new '10 GT premium (black/black) at Griffith in Seguin.
Old 4/26/11, 06:36 AM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I hope so, if not I am gonna get them to swap me out like they offered last week. I want a 10 or newer GT, hehe.
I am sure they will swap you.........with some $$ added on your side.....
Old 4/26/11, 08:22 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
So, let's do a run down.

1) Has the dealer tested your alternator? May not be rectifying the AC properly. Ever seen a vehicle with a crazy alternator? I have. I've even had my alt. go out on me while driving down the high way. If it's pumping any kind of AC through the electrical system, a lot of things will go awry.

2) I can see how EPAS would lock up during an electrical failure but not the brakes. They are vacuum assisted, so if the engine is on, so are the brakes unless all power is completely cut. A running engine without power is totally conceivable with carburetors, but not with all the electronics of today's engines. So unless there are some major blown fuses or ABS locked up the system, I am incredibly confused here.

3) Did you drive the car home? Obviously. So no problems at all besides the one in the school parking lot?

Not trying to be nit picky, just want to play this out. Cars are a pain in the ***. I'll let you know more when I own an old M5.
Old 4/26/11, 12:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Automagically
So, let's do a run down.

1) Has the dealer tested your alternator? May not be rectifying the AC properly. Ever seen a vehicle with a crazy alternator? I have. I've even had my alt. go out on me while driving down the high way. If it's pumping any kind of AC through the electrical system, a lot of things will go awry.

2) I can see how EPAS would lock up during an electrical failure but not the brakes. They are vacuum assisted, so if the engine is on, so are the brakes unless all power is completely cut. A running engine without power is totally conceivable with carburetors, but not with all the electronics of today's engines. So unless there are some major blown fuses or ABS locked up the system, I am incredibly confused here.

3) Did you drive the car home? Obviously. So no problems at all besides the one in the school parking lot?

Not trying to be nit picky, just want to play this out. Cars are a pain in the ***. I'll let you know more when I own an old M5.
I really appreciate your help trying to sort out this mess of a situation with me, anything helps as I am clueless right now about this whole deal.

1.) Yes, the dealership tested all the electronics in the vehicle last week before this happened, everything was in perfect working condition. In fact two separate dealerships tested the vehicle and came and got the same perfect results.

3.) No, I did not drive the vehicle home, the key was locked in the ignition and I could not move it or remove it, and the steering wheel and brakes were still locked, and I could not turn the engine back on after it shut down. I called the head dealership manager on his personal cell phone and he had a tow truck come pick up the car and drag it back to their service area.

Last edited by theACE; 4/26/11 at 12:48 PM.
Old 4/26/11, 12:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

This sounds like an old Grand Prix my parents had when I was younger.

That car would randomly die without warning. Things were a bit different on cars in 91 so there was still some brakes and steering, but with no power, still very difficult to use.

Unfortunately in that case the dealerships could never find the problem and so it was never resolved.

I hope in your case that the problem area can be found!
Old 4/26/11, 01:31 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hopefully nothing crazy has happened like moisture or battery fluid in the electronics. When a dealership tests the electronics I always wonder what all the test. Reason I say that is because if they just hook up the battery and test the ECM, or PCM whatever you want to call it then that defeats the purpose of the overall system. I mean, just testing the local electronics won't really tell you anything unless there is an over voltage flag set in the ECM.

I'm not saying you've done anything wrong. Now that the dealer sees the entire problem I hope they do some actual digging. I ask the electrical questions because I used to do stereo install and electronics for military vehicles. I've seen all kinds of wild power issues.
Old 4/26/11, 02:35 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jlmounce
This sounds like an old Grand Prix my parents had when I was younger.

That car would randomly die without warning. Things were a bit different on cars in 91 so there was still some brakes and steering, but with no power, still very difficult to use.

Unfortunately in that case the dealerships could never find the problem and so it was never resolved.

I hope in your case that the problem area can be found!
Through the years I've met lots of people with GM cars that did really spaced out wacky stuff like this and dealership personnel could never find the issue.
Old 4/26/11, 02:37 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really appreciate your help trying to sort out this mess of a situation with me, anything helps as I am clueless right now about this whole deal.

1.) Yes, the dealership tested all the electronics in the vehicle last week before this happened, everything was in perfect working condition. In fact two separate dealerships tested the vehicle and came and got the same perfect results.

3.) No, I did not drive the vehicle home, the key was locked in the ignition and I could not move it or remove it, and the steering wheel and brakes were still locked, and I could not turn the engine back on after it shut down. I called the head dealership manager on his personal cell phone and he had a tow truck come pick up the car and drag it back to their service area.
I'm trying to imagine how #3 is even possible.
Old 4/26/11, 03:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by SoFlo Mustang

Bet if u put an outboard on it, it would go faster lol
A la " Miami vice " !
Old 4/26/11, 03:05 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
power ford in north scottsdale has two 2010 loaded GT mustangs for 28k for the five speed and 29k for the auto. They are super loaded.

2010 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe GT Your Price: $33,025
MSRP: $36,350

Stock #: A5132570
Color: White with Black interior
MPG: 16 City / 24 Hwy
Drive Type: RWD
Trans: Automatic
Engine: 4.6L V8

2010 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe GT Your Price: $34,248
MSRP: $37,755

Stock #: A5150976
Color: White with Black interior
MPG: 16 City / 24 Hwy
Drive Type: RWD
Trans: Automatic
Engine: 4.6L V8
IN STOCK
This vehicle is in stock - please contact dealership to confirm availability. Power Ford North Scottsdale
8555 E. Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd.
Scottsdale, Arizona. 85260
877-867-5845
Old 4/26/11, 03:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

From what the OP is describing, this looks like an ignition ( switch) problem. I would start looknig there.
Old 4/26/11, 03:21 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Anyone think it could be a PATS issue?
Old 4/27/11, 02:15 AM
I am Shauny Clause
MOTM July 2010 Winner

What aftermarket electronics are on the car? Big stereo? Neons? Anything like that?

Also you made a comment that you made a slow shift. However you then tell us you have an auto. Do you normally drive this way? (reason for asking involves ignition lock)

Sent from my iPhone using TMS Forum
Old 4/28/11, 10:13 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Hi theACE,

My name is Deysha with Ford Customer Service. Has this issue been resolved for you? I’d like to know to see how I can help as well. Please message me with the info and your VIN if you need me.

Deysha
Old 4/28/11, 01:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Stinger1982
What aftermarket electronics are on the car? Big stereo? Neons? Anything like that?

Also you made a comment that you made a slow shift. However you then tell us you have an auto. Do you normally drive this way? (reason for asking involves ignition lock)

Sent from my iPhone using TMS Forum
Everything on the car is entirely stock except for the exterior OEM parts, also what I meant by slow shift is that I didn't just slap the automatic transmission shifter from drive to reverse and back to drive like some people do. Sorry for confusion, no I do not drive with the 1-2-3 portion of the auto shifter.
Old 4/28/11, 05:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Everything on the car is entirely stock except for the exterior OEM parts, also what I meant by slow shift is that I didn't just slap the automatic transmission shifter from drive to reverse and back to drive like some people do. Sorry for confusion, no I do not drive with the 1-2-3 portion of the auto shifter.
Have them check the actual shifting of the transmission. Sounds like the shift control for the auto might not be engaging correctly. Just an idea.
Good luck!
Phil
Old 4/28/11, 07:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ace, make sure u report to us when you have found out more
Old 4/30/11, 01:22 AM
Cobra R Member

have you thought about taking the boss motor out and going back to the original V6? might be your issue?

Quick Reply: So Pi$$ed off right now, stupid!