Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

So my 6 month trial on sirius is about to expire... SCAMMERS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 2/8/11, 03:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seems like they just pull subscription prices out of thier ***. After i get my refund, i'll wait till my free subscription ends and see what deal i can get. I too can live without the PAY RADIO. V8 ( when i get the exhuast done) sounds so much NICER.
Old 2/8/11, 04:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

My free subscription expired on November 24th 2010, thing is Sirius radio is still going in my car !!!!!! Wonder if it has something to do with the fact that i bough the car in the U.S and now to shut my signal off they have to go through a Canadian satellite or something . But it's still going and going, just like the Energizer bunny ! For how long, i don't know......
Old 2/8/11, 04:42 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Hey Mike just as a heads up Traffic is $40/year and TravelLink is $30/year. You can get them a la carte. Don't let them try to tell you otherwise. Unless they quote cheaper prices of course
Thanks Jason.
I did see that when I was looking around at stuff. That is all I will be getting.

The biggest issue is going to be getting them to stop billing me for my current car, and not call me about it when I sell it. I absolutely hate calling XM or Sirius.
Old 2/8/11, 05:18 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by montreal ponies
My free subscription expired on November 24th 2010, thing is Sirius radio is still going in my car !!!!!! Wonder if it has something to do with the fact that i bough the car in the U.S and now to shut my signal off they have to go through a Canadian satellite or something . But it's still going and going, just like the Energizer bunny ! For how long, i don't know......
Keep it goin! They sure make enough money off of the rest of us to make up for it LOL

Originally Posted by LEwis26
Thanks Jason.
I did see that when I was looking around at stuff. That is all I will be getting.

The biggest issue is going to be getting them to stop billing me for my current car, and not call me about it when I sell it. I absolutely hate calling XM or Sirius.
Agreed x10000
Old 2/8/11, 06:47 PM
Bullitt Member

I was told last week that on a new car, the Sirius is activated at the plant and is good for around 18 months. So I guess it depends on how soon you bought it. Funny thing is, I was told by another Sirius employee my service would end in November (10 months), but the website tells me its over in August. Sounds like a royal cluster fluck of a company to me.
Old 2/8/11, 08:15 PM
V6 Member

As a long time XM user...the key for customer service is to say "cancel" at the automated voice prompt. This will connect you to "retention" in the USA instead of being handed off to the sheet-readers "Hello, my name is Bobby" over in India.

I calmly told the XM retention rep that times are tough and I see from internet postings that you can offer me a $77-one year deal ($81 total w/royalty fee). If I can get the deal I'll stay, otherwise I'll cancel. Took about 10 minutes on the phone. Sirius will do the same-they want subscriber numbers. Just make sure that you call back BEFORE your 1-year deal ends to re-negotiate another "retention" deal so you won't be switched back to a full price plan.

I also use a one-time "shop-safe" credit card number that I can generate on my on-line banking account which expires in two months-that way no "automatic" renewals if I forget to call.

For $6.75 a month, it's well worth it for me and at that price, I can live with the just "OK" sound quality for some decent music programming that still is much better than anything on FM.

(PS, the dealer uses the ESN code from the radio to activate your 6 month trial at delivery)

Last edited by Drew2000; 2/8/11 at 08:17 PM.
Old 2/8/11, 09:34 PM

I think the calls from sirus began a month back, maybe more. Seems like they'd call just about everyday trying to talk with me. Since I never answer the (home) phone, my family got the message I was not interested in chatting with them. Sometime last week, the sirus service finally stopped working in the Mustang. I can't say I miss it. I never liked how the signals would drop if I drove under the over-pass. Honestly, I got a large collection of music and find its easy to just burn a CD with my current favs. I did like the traffic updates but just don't like the idea of paying for a feature that will get very little usage, or just paying for stuff I can get off my phone. If I do have a change of heart and decide to get the traffic updates (assuming they would give me a very sweet deal), I'll ask for a hard copy bill, then pay by check like Modshack suggested. Seems like lots of companies are taking liberties with charges and bank transfers if you every provide this information/authorization over the phone. Getting it stopped can be a real problem.
Old 2/9/11, 08:43 AM
GT Member

Another vote for Pandora. I never used it prior to about 2 months ago. I just sync it to my car from my android phone like others have mentioned and it sounds great. I paid the $35 for the year of upgraded Pandora and it's rare for me to listen to the radio anymore. I have an unlimited data package through sprint so I can't comment on data usage because I never check it. Skip the Sirius and get pandora!
Old 2/10/11, 05:40 PM
Cobra R Member

You can get an entire year for $72, but it might take you a few calls to get that price. Also, as has already been stated, NEVER GIVE THEM A CREDIT CARD. Tell them to send a bill and pay by check. Once they have your card on file they will auto-renew at the high rate.
Old 2/10/11, 07:48 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
they made me angry last week..

Well last week I get home and see a $73.41 charge from siriius on my account and called them asap.. 25 mins to get someone on the phone.. The charge was for my shelby gt(the one I havent had for almost four months) and I told the lady I didnt even have that car anymore and my current car has a few more months for free service. She then said oh we will refund you the $73.41 no problem and give you two free months for net radio(yay..). Then she was looking at the account and I had another free month from the 18th of this month still left on my account and!! the charge was supposed to be $22 bucks not $73.41..

if it was not for howard I would of dropped sirius

5 days laters and still no refund.

Last edited by Flagstang; 2/10/11 at 07:51 PM.
Old 2/10/11, 10:20 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Drew2000
As a long time XM user...the key for customer service is to say "cancel" at the automated voice prompt. This will connect you to "retention" in the USA instead of being handed off to the sheet-readers "Hello, my name is Bobby" over in India.

I calmly told the XM retention rep that times are tough and I see from internet postings that you can offer me a $77-one year deal ($81 total w/royalty fee). If I can get the deal I'll stay, otherwise I'll cancel. Took about 10 minutes on the phone. Sirius will do the same-they want subscriber numbers. Just make sure that you call back BEFORE your 1-year deal ends to re-negotiate another "retention" deal so you won't be switched back to a full price plan.

I also use a one-time "shop-safe" credit card number that I can generate on my on-line banking account which expires in two months-that way no "automatic" renewals if I forget to call.

For $6.75 a month, it's well worth it for me and at that price, I can live with the just "OK" sound quality for some decent music programming that still is much better than anything on FM.

(PS, the dealer uses the ESN code from the radio to activate your 6 month trial at delivery)
+1 for "shopsafe"... best invention since the last security "invention". Puts me at piece of mind.. totally!!
Old 2/10/11, 10:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
regarding the sirius "refunds," i was assured of a refund one time and never received it. when i called to check on it, i was told the refund had suddenly turned into a service credit. who authorized this? themselves. since it was a small amount, (15 bucks) i decided to just give them hell and let it go as a credit. but they are indeed sneaky.
Old 2/11/11, 12:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I usually use Shop Safe when shopping online but I was always under the impression it couldn't be used over the phone. Is that not true? I can generate a Shop Safe number and give it to somebody on the phone?