Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

So my 6 month trial on sirius is about to expire... SCAMMERS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 2/8/11, 12:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So my 6 month trial on sirius is about to expire... SCAMMERS!!!

I called wanted to keep every thing I had, travel link, xm and sirius radio. Lady quotes me for $98 for the year. I was Like YES! gave her my credit card with the promise that i was not going to get charged until my trial peiod ends ( about 3 weeks). The very next day i was charged. I called complained and they said oops she made a mistake we will refund your money in 3 days. Then he says I have a good package deal for you. i said i already have one. He says no i only have sirius radio no other option. If want to keep everything i have it would be over $200 for the year. I was upset and told the guy i want my refund and i'll call back and start over. 1 week later NO REFUND. I called they said Oh i can give you what you originally order for $98 for the whole year... WHAT? I was told the $98 dollars WAS for the whole year and where is my refund. oh ok im sorry i didn't see she already added 6 months for free... I WANT MY MONEY BACK... oh ok it will be refunded in 3 days.... WHAT? so the other guy lied to me? No sir. SO now im waiting for my $98 and i will not deal with this company. Too bad tho. I really liked the features and listening to howard stern.

Last edited by Jcint; 2/8/11 at 01:01 AM.
Old 2/8/11, 01:26 AM
Bullitt Member

I have had alot of problems with them too, they tried to add $15 to our bill for no reason. It was just a $15 charge. They didnt know why either. If you call, and complain alot and ask for a manager and say you are very upset with their service they will hook you up. Throw in you *will* post up about how terrible your experience was on several Mustang fourms and they will do it for sure. Its all about wheeling and dealing.
Old 2/8/11, 04:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Sirius has some very big biling problems. I had two cars with Sirius and an account for a boombox in my shop... and they screwed up all three accounts in different ways every time at renewal. And the only time I ever got anything corrected the first time on the phone was when I actually got an English speaking American southerner on the phone. And that was when I called to give up and cancel the boombox account because they would not stop calling about the cars... despite us telling them probably half a dozen times to stop (seriously). They still send me mail a couple times a month to 'come back' for some crazy low number... but it's not worth the aggravation.
Old 2/8/11, 05:45 AM
GT Member

I let mine expire. They still call a couple of times a week saying I can get twelve months for $77. I had XM radio on my Accord and they were dishonest and the price they quoted me was never the same price as the bill. To be honest, if you have a smart phone and sync you really dont' need satellite radio. The sound quality is better through bluetooth and you can create your own staions through pandora or slacker radio. I told that to the rep on the phone the last time and he said that is nice have fun with that and hung up. Hopefully they don't call back.
Old 2/8/11, 06:53 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
They are hard to deal with. They still call, e-mail and regular mail me, saying "I need to act fast" because the Sirius on my Dodge is running out. I've told them over 20 times i traded my Dodge for the Mustang in May 2010
Old 2/8/11, 07:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

NEVER NEVER give those guys your credit card. Always insist on a hard copy bill that you can pay by check...
Old 2/8/11, 07:04 AM
V6 Member

And if you don't get a refund in time have the charge revoked through your card company. It usually takes a couple of weeks to resolve the issue, though.
Old 2/8/11, 07:32 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Mustang-4.6
I let mine expire. They still call a couple of times a week saying I can get twelve months for $77. I had XM radio on my Accord and they were dishonest and the price they quoted me was never the same price as the bill. To be honest, if you have a smart phone and sync you really dont' need satellite radio. The sound quality is better through bluetooth and you can create your own staions through pandora or slacker radio. I told that to the rep on the phone the last time and he said that is nice have fun with that and hung up. Hopefully they don't call back.
I'm thinking of doing this when mine expires in May.

1) Is it easy to switch between stations, or do you have to pickup the phone to do that?

2)Does it use massive amounts of data that would result in phone charges? I'm on a 2gig per month plan which I'd think would be ok, but would that get wiped out by listening to Pandora all the time on sync?

Cheers
Old 2/8/11, 07:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmmm, interesting idea with the Pandora.

I had Sirius on my car I traded in for this one, and I haven't had any problems with Sirius. They refunded me the money left on my last subscription, and I got the radio's on my account switched with no problem. I was planning on renewing the Sirius when my Trial is up.

I had a couple of calls since then, but I just told them I'm in a new car and on the Trial, and there was no issue.
Old 2/8/11, 09:30 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by born2run74
I'm thinking of doing this when mine expires in May.

1) Is it easy to switch between stations, or do you have to pickup the phone to do that?

2)Does it use massive amounts of data that would result in phone charges? I'm on a 2gig per month plan which I'd think would be ok, but would that get wiped out by listening to Pandora all the time on sync?

Cheers
I am not sure about the data usage. I have unlimited data usage through Verizon right now but it still is worth it to not have to deal with Sirius. As far as changing stations it is easy. All I do is just skip a song through my phone. I have read on other forums that some people can control there internet radio through their steering column. I think the update is on Fords sync my ride website. I have not meesed with that yet. I am just happy to have my music on the way to and home from work. I honestly dont see satellite radio staying around in new vehicles with things such as sync and bluetooth out there. Just my 2 cents.
Old 2/8/11, 11:37 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I think people are upset enough paying for cable/sat TV and most don't want to pay for radio. I enjoyed the service through the intro period but did not renew and unless the economy straightens up and gets be back to where things are relatively "normal" I won't even think about paying for radio.
Old 2/8/11, 11:45 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sirius has TERRIBLE customer service. When my subscription ran out I wanted to renew with just the TravelLink and Traffic for $70/year.

It took about 4 different phone calls just to get it setup. Then it took another 3 to get it setup right. It was VERY frustrating. They tried to give me everything for $220 or something like that and I said hell no and called those bastards back.

Now its all good though
Old 2/8/11, 11:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 97svtgoin05gt
I won't even think about paying for radio.
I second that - I much prefer the sound of my V8
Old 2/8/11, 11:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Just received my renewal in the mail. My 6 months is just about up. They want $143.49 for a year. I'm going to pass as I rarely use it anyway.
Old 2/8/11, 11:55 AM
Bullitt Member

I was really surprised with how bad the sound quality is. Okay maybe I am one of the few nuts who really wish that SACD would have become more popular, but wow they really compress the **** out of that radio. I thought that FM was bad, but that is nothing compared to this.
Old 2/8/11, 12:57 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 97svtgoin05gt
I think people are upset enough paying for cable/sat TV and most don't want to pay for radio. I enjoyed the service through the intro period but did not renew and unless the economy straightens up and gets be back to where things are relatively "normal" I won't even think about paying for radio.

btw, Chrysler gives a full year free.
Old 2/8/11, 01:01 PM
Cobra Member

I've had XM in my current car for the last 3 years and love it. But when my 2012 5.0 arrives and the 6 months expire, I will probably only keep the travel link features activated, and cancel the radio subscription.

With sync and the gorgeous sound of the 5.0, I don't think I'll need the satellite anymore.
Old 2/8/11, 01:07 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
For those of us in "Fly Over" country, having Sat radio is a real bonus. You see, all those wonderful SMART phones aren't worth a dime if there is no service. Once you drive out of a service area, and out here that is away from a large city, of which there are two, one on the East side and one on the West side of the State, or off I-90 North or South, you pretty much lose all cell service. No towers!

I have been with SIRIUS since they took over XM, my original provider, and I have to say I have had no trouble with them. I was called by them, about two months ago, about the expiraion of my 6 months trial service, and I opted for the year extention for $78.00. Since I no longer owned the VW traded in on the Mustang, they gave me a credit, on my charge card, the day I cancelled.

My six months expired on 27 Jan and the charge appeared on my card that day, just as I was told it would.

The woman I spoke with was polite, knowledgable, and gave me her full name and number in case I had any problems. I suppose it all depends on who you happen to end op with in customer service.

Last edited by SD CALSPCL; 2/8/11 at 03:11 PM.
Old 2/8/11, 01:26 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LEwis26
I've had XM in my current car for the last 3 years and love it. But when my 2012 5.0 arrives and the 6 months expire, I will probably only keep the travel link features activated, and cancel the radio subscription.

With sync and the gorgeous sound of the 5.0, I don't think I'll need the satellite anymore.
Hey Mike just as a heads up Traffic is $40/year and TravelLink is $30/year. You can get them a la carte. Don't let them try to tell you otherwise. Unless they quote cheaper prices of course
Old 2/8/11, 03:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Itravelalot
I was really surprised with how bad the sound quality is. Okay maybe I am one of the few nuts who really wish that SACD would have become more popular, but wow they really compress the **** out of that radio. I thought that FM was bad, but that is nothing compared to this.
+1. It was okay to listen to for the 6 months that I had it..but I would never pay for something that sounds like that!

Quick Reply: So my 6 month trial on sirius is about to expire... SCAMMERS!!!