2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Shelby 2011: does it worth the premium price ?

Search this Thread

Old 4/17/11 | 09:56 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Get the Shelby. You only live once, and I'm sure you'll regret it if you want it and settle for something else.
Old 4/18/11 | 05:53 AM
Bullitt Member

You shouldn't have a problem getting the price down

when I was looking for my 5.0, dealers in the GTA were selling 11' shelbys for 59,500
Old 4/18/11 | 07:08 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by LLZuB
You shouldn't have a problem getting the price down

when I was looking for my 5.0, dealers in the GTA were selling 11' shelbys for 59,500
They sell some at 59 000$ but they are not convertible. Actually there's another dealer SVT in Granby, Québec, which sells many 2011 Shelby for a bout 4000$ rebate....and I'm looking for 6000$ rebate, it might be my lucky day, who knows !
Old 4/18/11 | 11:51 AM
Bullitt Member

^ ya but this was back in November when 2012's wern't availible

theres no way they can still be selling 2011's for that price
Old 4/18/11 | 12:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

Have you tried 440 Ford in Laval or Chartrand Ford ! They have a few in stock, even some Roush's stage2.
Old 4/18/11 | 01:31 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by lemarin
Hi Cyberalized, nice to see folks from Quebec city on this forum ! Did you received yours already ?If not, what's the ETA for it ? Which date did you pass your order ?

For me it will be my first Mustang ever, and my first American Car in fact. For now I do drive Volkswagen cars for differents reasons, but this time I want to have fun ! And before my Volkswagen, I always drove Japanese cars from Honda and Toyota.

Lets drive what's america does best: muscle cars !

Ha,ha,ha! Same thing for me, first Mustang and first muscle car!

I ordered in November and asked for a spring 2011 delivery. I have my VIN and Deysha (Ford Customer Service rep.) told me that my order has been scheduled to build Apr-26-2011 with an ETA of May-08-2011.
Old 4/18/11 | 08:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

The GT/CS is a fine car and will turn more heads than a standard GT. You can get heated seats and a power passenger seat. You will also get better gas mileage and can get an automatic trans if you want. On the downside...no Brembo front brakes for the GT/CS.
The GT500 will turn more heads, hold its value better and leave you with a constant grin on you face. The non SVT-PP car would make for a better ride if you want a nice daily driver. The downside to the GT500 is no heated seats (which in Canada with a convertible is nice to have) and no power passenger seat (if your wife is tall...no problem, but if she's short it might be) and worse gas mileage than the 5.0.
Both cars a very mod friendly. But don't forget a pulley/tune (approx $850) will net you approx 60-80 rwhp on a GT500 vs a CAI/tune (approx $650) that will only net you about 25-30 rwhp on the 5.0.
Both great cars. You just need to decide which one will suit you best. Good luck with your decision...either way you win!!
Old 4/18/11 | 09:30 PM
V6 Member

I did not know that the Shelby has no heated seats ? What's the reasons for that ? At over 60 grands for a car, heated seats is a must I believe, especially since a simple hyundai Accent at 12 grands offer it in option.....
Old 4/19/11 | 12:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

I did not know that the Shelby has no heated seats ? What's the reasons for that ? At over 60 grands for a car, heated seats is a must I believe, especially since a simple hyundai Accent at 12 grands offer it in option.....
I wouldn't want heated seats in my GT500. But for those that do it's a pretty easy aftermarket add-on for a couple hundred bucks. Guess what dude a $60,000 Shelby also has a hand built 550 HP engine....can a POS hyundai accent boast that?
Oh and that engine alone costs more than that hyundai. Lol

Also no factory backup camera for the GT500 or GT/CS (another fairly cheap and easy item to add via the aftermarket). But you can get it in a regular GT and to save weight the GT500 has no spare tire, just a can of puncture sealant and a compressor.

Last edited by Cdvision; 4/19/11 at 01:08 AM.
Old 4/19/11 | 07:54 AM
V6 Member

About the spare, personnaly after 20 years of driving, I never ever had to use a spare tire on any of my cars, so I believe in the Ford's solution with the small pump and repair kit.

I also hate those cars arriving with Runflat tires, which weight a ton and are stiff like rock......with a premium price for ordinary tire's quality !
Old 4/19/11 | 10:47 AM
GT Member

Eric, go get that red Shelby before I do!
Old 4/19/11 | 02:49 PM
Bullitt Member

I want both! XD

If your not looking to race or ever take it to the track then get the GT or the V6... The shelby is about power. Do you really want to pay that much more for performance upgrades...

I say get the V6 and toss on a CAI, Tune, and 3.73 Gears and you should be happy all around
Old 4/19/11 | 04:53 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Dreamtheory
I want both! XD

If your not looking to race or ever take it to the track then get the GT or the V6... The shelby is about power. Do you really want to pay that much more for performance upgrades...

I say get the V6 and toss on a CAI, Tune, and 3.73 Gears and you should be happy all around
I like performances on street, and I also really like nices cars. My GT/CS is already ordered so I wont modify anything to replace it by the V6.

here's pict of an identical GT/CS as the one I've ordered, same CS with HID and same black color.

Old 4/19/11 | 11:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

I like performances on street, and I also really like nices cars. My GT/CS is already ordered so I wont modify anything to replace it by the V6.

here's pict of an identical GT/CS as the one I've ordered, same CS with HID and same black color.
That looks pretty sweet!! They do look better if you put on different wheels.
10" wide rear wheels with wide rear tires (285 or 295) look much nicer and hooks up the power better.

The thing that really sucks is how much of the Sync system is crippled compared to what USA models can do. We can thank french Canadian politics B.S. and quebec for that.

Last edited by Cdvision; 4/19/11 at 11:38 PM.
Old 4/20/11 | 08:42 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Cdvision
That looks pretty sweet!! They do look better if you put on different wheels.
10" wide rear wheels with wide rear tires (285 or 295) look much nicer and hooks up the power better.
I love the look of those CS 19" wheel, but that's bad they put them only 8.5" wide....so it's impossible to put more than 255's tires on them.

After the Ford Racing handling kit and probably a Borla catback, I might think to replace those 19" wheel....maybe by:

Boss 302 19's wheel: http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com...7-dc199lgb.htm

Or

Shelby 19's wheel
Old 4/20/11 | 09:57 AM
Cobra Member

Either car would be great. Had I known about the boss, I might have held out for it over either of the others. Each offers some pretty outstanding arguments for purchase

GT: You can get it fully equipped with sync, nav, brembo, heated seats.... Performance is bang for the buck amazing.

BOSS: Even more bang for the buck, exclusivity, It say's BOSS on the sides AND IT MEANS IT. NEGATIVE: Some of the niceties are not available with the boss.

GT500: Hulk Smash Puny Humans!!! Power Incarnate and all of the niceties. It says Shelby GT500 and MEANS IT! NEGATIVE: Cost is significantly higher but likely worth it.

Get what you think would make you happiest. I can't imagine not enjoying the hell out of each of these cars. Someone else on these boards said, "I know it's just a car, but I feel like I've won a contest every time I get drive it." I absolutely understand that feeling and I share it.
Old 4/20/11 | 11:27 AM
V6 Member

If I was looking for a coupe sport car, the Boss would have been my choice. But since it's a summer car only, I prefer to go topless....The best bang for the buck still stays the GT I believe. When you think about it, the 20 000$ difference between a well equiped GT and a base Shelby can be used to buy a brand new Honda Civic as a winter beater !

I finally stopped my choice on the CS already ordered (see picture above). It will be a more useable car and I will be less affraid to have it stolen in a shoping mall parking than a Shelby. Also I'll have all the electronic goodies I wanted to in a summer car.

What pissed me off about the CS, is that the 3.73 differential cannot be ordered, and same for the Brembo brakes.....it's a shame to have to make so difficult choice between options ! Same for the Nav system which comes with the base shaker 500 instead of the 1000.
Old 4/20/11 | 02:27 PM
Bullitt Member

I love the look of those CS 19" wheel, but that's bad they put them only 8.5" wide....so it's impossible to put more than 255's tires on them.

After the Ford Racing handling kit and probably a Borla catback, I might think to replace those 19" wheel....maybe by:

Boss 302 19's wheel: http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com...7-dc199lgb.htm

Or

Shelby 19's wheel
Which shelby wheels come in 19 inch? I was going to get the cs56 but only come in 18 and 20 so I am getting the boss wheels.
Old 4/20/11 | 02:40 PM
Bullitt Member

If I was looking for a coupe sport car, the Boss would have been my choice. But since it's a summer car only, I prefer to go topless....The best bang for the buck still stays the GT I believe. When you think about it, the 20 000$ difference between a well equiped GT and a base Shelby can be used to buy a brand new Honda Civic as a winter beater !

I finally stopped my choice on the CS already ordered (see picture above). It will be a more useable car and I will be less affraid to have it stolen in a shoping mall parking than a Shelby. Also I'll have all the electronic goodies I wanted to in a summer car.

What pissed me off about the CS, is that the 3.73 differential cannot be ordered, and same for the Brembo brakes.....it's a shame to have to make so difficult choice between options ! Same for the Nav system which comes with the base shaker 500 instead of the 1000.
You will be happy with your choice. I had to chose between a 2010 black vert gt premium modded by a certified ford racing tech $31,000 used 12k miles, a used 2011 kona blue gt premium 18 inch wheels pretty stock, $30,000 1800 miles or a 2010 red candy gt 18s glass roof, navi, factory hood and side scoops 18k miles for wholesale price got it for $23,000 traded in to a bmw dealer by an solider. My first gt was an 85 canyon red, factory sunroof etc. Also bought from a soldier. Guess which I picked? The red candy seemed like fate.

I am in the process of mods that that vert had c&l CAI and Bama tune, magnaflow 3" cat back and tru-x pipe, 3.55 gears then my others gt/cs fascia and boss splitter, gt500 rear diffuser, roush shifter, then after my tax refund the boss LS-boss 302s wheels and springs and shocks/struts.
Old 4/20/11 | 03:24 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by c0achmke
Which shelby wheels come in 19 inch? I was going to get the cs56 but only come in 18 and 20 so I am getting the boss wheels.
You can buy the SVT 19" wheel package, but I dont like their look.....

http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com...007-sa1910.htm

Or you can buy the 19" from the base Shelby model (used):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-FOR...item53e733be50

I'd like them (the ones from the base model) but anthracite.

Quick Reply: Shelby 2011: does it worth the premium price ?