2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Seriously unhappy with American Muscle

Search this Thread

Old 4/14/14, 07:17 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts
I hate buying stuff from folks that outsource to Asia everything they possibly can... the wallmart stores are at the bottom of my shopping destination list... looks to me like SR/MMD is most often sourced, like just about everything retailed these days...

when I see imported stuff that looks suspiciously like a cheap copy of someone elses American made product, it really sours me.
I'm looking at wheels/tires again, will likely order thru Summit- they sell a lot of import stuff too- no choice these days- but their own brands are usually built in house rather than farmed out to asia. with some American sounding name slapped on it...

it would be neat to see what products sold by each retailer are made in house, or at least in the USA... I think some of the biggest names would be some of the biggest exploiters... theres a lot of other folks out there like me that dont like wallmart either... they might have good people, good service, but to me those are musts these days- the 'made in USA' tag still carries some weight with me- even though sometimes its upsetting too... Ive bought two sets of centerlines over the years, and was apalled at the quality, a set of california made torq-thrusts too for the old 69 mustang i bought back around '90 were similar... lugholes not centered in recesses, sharp edges on wheels/valvestem holes- we make wheels at work, I might tend to look closer than some folks, but still...

at least those dollars will cycle back into our economy somewhat instead of tricking into china's
Old 4/14/14, 07:19 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SONICBOOST
I'll have a large with just a few pumps of 'butter', please.
Old 4/14/14, 07:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 779 Likes on 568 Posts
Originally Posted by ace72ace
You have to take complaint threads with a big grain of salt. Companies that stay in business offer good products/services at a fair price, those that don't, go out of business. The problem here is that let's say 90+ percent of sales go through without a problem, and nobody takes the time to sing their praise for doing their job. But run into a snag with a back ordered item, and out come the negative posts.

Don't want to wait? Shop elsewhere. You may pay a higher price, but the competitor has it stock, so what do you want? Be cheap and wait, or pay a bit more and get what you want?

Life is too short to get uptight about back ordered merchandise. No need to get all Veruca Salt on the world. I learned a lot from my manager who had to deal with all kinds of irate customers over the years. One of the biggest things was to just let customer vent, get it off their chest. Once they have had their say, either to just yell for a tension release, or demand a pound of flesh if they don't get what they want, more often than not they calm down, and then the issue can be worked in a calm and rational manner.

This isn't the first vendor flame thread, nor will it be the last. The consumer market in the end will decide who survives. It's easy to do business when there are zero problems, no delays or mistakes, but the human factor will sometimes deal you a bad hand. How *you* deal with it is more important than what went wrong on the other side.
This and Like and yes extra butter please ...... It is all about the way a problem is handled.

On a side note fast n loud is on right now with a bunch of old wipe out vids
Old 4/14/14, 07:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by ace72ace
I'll have a large with just a few pumps of 'butter', please.
pumps of butter just sounds like all kinds of wrong lol
Old 4/14/14, 07:31 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I don't care who makes it if I get the best bang for my buck and the quality is decent....
Old 4/14/14, 08:29 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
I have no complaints about american muscle but i do have good things to say about LMR and Trucarbon. Both have supplied me with parts in excess of $1000 shipped on time.
Old 4/14/14, 08:41 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
pumps of butter just sounds like all kinds of wrong lol
As wrong as pix of random hot women as your avatar?

The new cinema near me offers a free popcorn refill, and pumps the butter just right.
Old 4/14/14, 08:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've ordered a ton from AM. In fact I logged on and counted and wow...I have 31 orders I've done with them. I don't have a single complaint. In fact, they've taken care of me in the past such as when I changed my mind on gears I ordered and they exchanged them no questions asked. I've ordered from them so much I can pretty much tell you within 15 minutes when I'll get the shipped email lol. As far as customer service, they rank at the top of all companies I've dealt with.
Old 4/14/14, 08:56 PM
V6 Member

Sorry to hear that. I bought my wheels, JLT CAI and SCT tuner all from AM. I was worried about 4 wheels being shipped to Toronto, but I had no issues there either.
Never had an issue overall.
Old 4/14/14, 09:29 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have ordered with AM on a few occasions and have had a couple of quality control issues. Each time, AM did the right thing and did it quickly. I have no problem recommending them to anyone.

I am sorry that some of you have had a bad experience. That's never pleasant. I In this case it seems Dan is at the very least trying to fix things.

If you're not happy, as others have said, "Move On!" Life is too short to stress over this sort of things. I hope that you ultimately get the items you want at the best prices possible.

Good Luck
Old 4/14/14, 11:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I just got my AM order. Woot! Looking forward to putting these bad boys on. Thanks to Dan for the discount code. Free shipping is always awesome even though it takes a little longer. And if something is wrong with the item, I can always count on Dan.
Attached Thumbnails Seriously unhappy with American Muscle-image-321956486.jpg  
Old 4/15/14, 07:29 AM
Banned

canceled my order.

I'll see if latemodelresto or CDC has a wind deflector

Ironically I never actually got that discount after checking with the bank.

I placed an order for the Roush front splitter and the wind deflector and the bank shows:

3/11/2014 DEBIT Select Category External Withdrawal PAYPAL INSTANT TRANSFER - INST XFER ($559.98)

My transaction with American Muscle shows:

Date: Mar 10, 2014

Item Code Name Quantity Price
30501 MMD Convertible Wind Deflector (05-14 All) 1 $260.00
69127 Roush Front Chin Splitter (13-14 GT, V6, BOSS) 1 $189.99
Subtotal: $189.99
Shipping: $0.00
Tax: $0.00
Discount: -$10.00
Adjustments: $0.00
Total: $179.99

So I guess they've been holding my money and the discount that didn't happen. 260 + 189.99 would be $449.99
Oh well. Lesson learned.

Someone else take my money!

Last edited by TheDivaDanielle; 4/15/14 at 07:30 AM.
Old 4/15/14, 07:41 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
canceled my order. I'll see if latemodelresto or CDC has a wind deflector Ironically I never actually got that discount after checking with the bank. I placed an order for the Roush front splitter and the wind deflector and the bank shows: 3/11/2014 DEBIT Select Category External Withdrawal PAYPAL INSTANT TRANSFER - INST XFER ($559.98) My transaction with American Muscle shows: Date: Mar 10, 2014 Item Code Name Quantity Price 30501 MMD Convertible Wind Deflector (05-14 All) 1 $260.00 69127 Roush Front Chin Splitter (13-14 GT, V6, BOSS) 1 $189.99 Subtotal: $189.99 Shipping: $0.00 Tax: $0.00 Discount: -$10.00 Adjustments: $0.00 Total: $179.99 So I guess they've been holding my money and the discount that didn't happen. 260 + 189.99 would be $449.99 Oh well. Lesson learned. Someone else take my money!
Wow...you serious? Supposed discount but actually not? ...... Unbelievable. But yeah lesson learned, Danielle.
Old 4/15/14, 08:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Bummer about that. AM should just give you the part free for all the grief you got.
Old 4/15/14, 08:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by sakol
Bummer about that. AM should just give you the part free for all the grief you got.
it's on backorder for a quarter of the year, or half the convertible season, lol.
Old 4/15/14, 08:32 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by sakol
They don't owe anyone anything for free just because it's backordered.
Old 4/15/14, 09:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
They don't owe anyone anything for free just because it's backordered.
I'll bet that was a joke
Old 4/15/14, 09:41 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn

I'll bet that was a joke
Nope. Do they owe her what was offered? Sure. But should it have even been offered in the first place, if it's not in stock? No.

That's the problem with going out of your way to do something nice for someone...if it doesn't go smoothly, then you look even worse than if you hadn't done anything at all. And that's what they get for trying to be *nice*.

She learned her lesson...if you're not happy with a company, then shop elsewhere. That's all there is to it.
Old 4/15/14, 10:01 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
canceled my order.

I'll see if latemodelresto or CDC has a wind deflector

Ironically I never actually got that discount after checking with the bank.

I placed an order for the Roush front splitter and the wind deflector and the bank shows:

3/11/2014 DEBIT Select Category External Withdrawal PAYPAL INSTANT TRANSFER - INST XFER ($559.98)

My transaction with American Muscle shows:

Date: Mar 10, 2014

Item Code Name Quantity Price
30501 MMD Convertible Wind Deflector (05-14 All) 1 $260.00
69127 Roush Front Chin Splitter (13-14 GT, V6, BOSS) 1 $189.99
Subtotal: $189.99
Shipping: $0.00
Tax: $0.00
Discount: -$10.00
Adjustments: $0.00
Total: $179.99

So I guess they've been holding my money and the discount that didn't happen. 260 + 189.99 would be $449.99
Oh well. Lesson learned.

Someone else take my money!
TheDivaDanielle,

I remember when Dan offered you the discounted Wind Deflector for your troubles in the past and to clear the air. At the time, you weren't interested in the wind deflector and declined the offer. I see you ended up making the purchase in March though. When you decided to place the order, it seems that you paid for the full amount through Paypal online and then must have contacted Dan again for the discount?

This is why there's a temporary full charge on your Paypal/Bank account. When you pay for anything through Paypal, it commits the full payment up front before the items ship. Since you originally placed the order for the full amount, that's what was taken from your Paypal account up front.

Since this order was placed and only the Roush chin splitter shipped, there's a credit due to your account for $379.99. Dan had the price adjusted on 3/10/14 for the MMD Wind Deflector at $260.00 within your order. Once the order is shipped out, the $260 Wind Deflector cost will be subjected from the credit of $379.99 equaling a $119.99 credit. At that point, the credit will automatically be transferred to your Paypal Account.

Please keep in mind this is a normal process when an order is initially placed through Paypal online and an additional discount is added. If you were to pay for this order or any order with a credit card, the card isn't actually charged until the parts are shipped. At the very most, banks will put a "hold" on the money, but it won't actually leave your bank until the ordered is fulfilled.

I know Dan was more than happy to provide the exclusive discount to you for this order. He truly was trying to show a kind gesture with the discount because of your difficulties in the past. By no means was he willing provide you a discount on an item because he thought it would be out of stock. In fact, he offered the discount on this particular item because you were interested in it!

When our Purchasing Team sets up future deliveries and restocking of items, they base it off of previous sale or statics. Orders are placed months ahead of time for manufacturers to prepare to fulfill our orders. Even still, we're under the mercy of the manufacturer and sometimes they are unable to fulfill our orders at the scheduled delivery dates. This is how an out of stock item can be pushed back by a few months. It is NOT the choice of AM. Please understand it is not intentional or avoidable on our end.

If there's anything else I can clarify or do for you, please let me know!

Shane

Last edited by AMWill; 4/15/14 at 10:04 AM.
Old 4/15/14, 10:27 AM
Banned

I never declined, in fact I kept the communication line open with your sales guy via e mail. I just couldn't afford it right then and there in January. In February I was in the hospital, and between then and March, was on medical leave for nearly a month, and still haven't got paid for it.

I guess you guys have done what you can, but unfortunately, offered discount or not, you cannot provide what you are offering to discount until halfway through convertible season. It's a shame too, because modding the car has been a welcome distraction from the bad stuff.

That being said, thank you for your efforts, and at this time, is like to request a timely refund. I'm still interested in the matching styling bar, but I think I'll shop elsewhere for that, do three can be no more drama.

Last edited by TheDivaDanielle; 4/15/14 at 10:52 AM.

Quick Reply: Seriously unhappy with American Muscle