2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Rust bubbles found! 2013 Mustang.

Search this Thread

Old 3/3/16, 04:08 PM

Received 2,173 Likes on 1,750 Posts
Originally Posted by MadcapMagician
Just received notice from the dealer. DENIED!!!!
Because there is no perforation through hood, it isn't a claim they can warranty. This sucks. haven't even owned the car for a year.
What year is your car ??? If you still have your factory 3 year/36k bumper to bumper warranty.. Ford cannot deny your claim and if your dealer does deny it, then fight it.. I would also contact Deysha, as she's our Ford customer service representative on this website and she will handle and investigate your claim on your behalf by providing her with your info regarding your status..

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 3/3/16 at 04:23 PM.
Old 3/3/16, 04:12 PM

What brand fiberglass hood is reputable??
Before you look into replacing your hood.. Read my response to your first post ! Otherwise American Muscle has fiberglass hoods to select from that are reputable and competitively priced..

http://www.americanmuscle.com/2010-mustang-hoods.html

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 3/3/16 at 04:33 PM.
Old 3/4/16, 06:20 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Before you look into replacing your hood.. Read my response to your first post ! Otherwise American Muscle has fiberglass hoods to select from that are reputable and competitively priced..

http://www.americanmuscle.com/2010-mustang-hoods.html
That link is full of bad news for those of us who don't like fake scoops...
Old 3/4/16, 07:47 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Kind of off topic, but does anyone make a STOCK GT fiberglass hood with the vents and everything for a 13-14? Just wondering, in case if I have this problem down the road. I haven't been able to find one
Old 3/4/16, 12:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
Kind of off topic, but does anyone make a STOCK GT fiberglass hood with the vents and everything for a 13-14? Just wondering, in case if I have this problem down the road. I haven't been able to find one
I'm worried about this too. But why not a new aluminum hood? Do they suffer the same problem, or just too expensive?
Old 3/4/16, 01:30 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by berzerk_1980
I'm worried about this too. But why not a new aluminum hood? Do they suffer the same problem, or just too expensive?
I'm assuming that if 2014's still have the issue, that the manufacturing process has not been corrected and existing stock of parts will suffer the same fate...maybe years down the road, but the same fate nonetheless.
Old 3/4/16, 03:15 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
My hood was repainted a year and a half ago with no signs of reoccurrence. They did a great job. Fingers crossed.
Old 3/4/16, 06:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
I'm assuming that if 2014's still have the issue, that the manufacturing process has not been corrected and existing stock of parts will suffer the same fate...maybe years down the road, but the same fate nonetheless.
Well, I bought one of the last 2014s (my blend date was May 13, 2014), so if I get the issue it probably was never corrected. And I assume that they are no longer produced once the production line moves over to the new model.

I think there are plenty of good hoods out there, so if it happens to me, I'd think any used one (by that time) should be safe.

Is there a way to tell the likelihood of future problems on a new unpainted hood?

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
My hood was repainted a year and a half ago with no signs of reoccurrence. They did a great job. Fingers crossed.
The body shop I spoke to about this seems to think the problem can be permanently solved by stripping, redoing the seam seal, and repainting. If I were to get the problem, I might consider going this route instead, especially if done under warranty or partially covered by Ford and assuming they won't pay for a new hood.
Old 3/4/16, 07:05 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
I actually stand corrected as of like an hour ago. There's 2-3 air pockets forming on the right hand ridge of the inner hood. Nothing too alarming especially since it's not close to the front. Still, not surprising.
Old 3/4/16, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by MRGTX
That link is full of bad news for those of us who don't like fake scoops...
MadcapMagician asked about fiberglass hoods.. Therefore I answered his question and referred him to best source that I'm familiar with who carries them in stock which is American Muscle..

And FYI.. I'm also not very fond of fake scoops either, however I would think the hood manufacturers listed on AM's website should have several different styles of fiberglass hoods to select from other than those with scoops on them..

If on the other hand they don't ? Then the best advice I can provide, is do a google search !

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 3/4/16 at 07:42 PM.
Old 3/5/16, 01:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Not all fiberglass hoods have fake scoops. Some of them have ridiculous cowl heights instead.

Seriously, searching everywhere I could, I only found really aggressive designs. A fiberglass version of the stock hood would be a welcome alternative.
Old 3/5/16, 05:20 AM
GT Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I actually like the hood and scoop that is on the car now.

The higher cowl heights look ridiculous in my opinion, especially if there is no need for it.
Old 3/5/16, 10:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Ford is still making older model car parts 2013/2014. I got my hood last week from Ford Factory. They don't just make one part one day, they tally it up and make a bunch in that day, hence the me waiting 5 months for parts.
Well, I bought one of the last 2014s (my blend date was May 13, 2014), so if I get the issue it probably was never corrected. And I assume that they are no longer produced once the production line moves over to the new model.

I think there are plenty of good hoods out there, so if it happens to me, I'd think any used one (by that time) should be safe.

Is there a way to tell the likelihood of future problems on a new unpainted hood?

The body shop I spoke to about this seems to think the problem can be permanently solved by stripping, redoing the seam seal, and repainting. If I were to get the problem, I might consider going this route instead, especially if done under warranty or partially covered by Ford and assuming they won't pay for a new hood.
Old 3/5/16, 11:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not all fiberglass hoods have fake scoops. Some of them have ridiculous cowl heights instead.

Seriously, searching everywhere I could, I only found really aggressive designs. A fiberglass version of the stock hood would be a welcome alternative.
My thoughts exactly. Everything fiberglass looks ridiculous. The only one I can tolerate is the Stalker 2 from Cervinis and I am not too keen on the open hole where the scoop is. They also weigh about double what the aluminium one weighs.
Old 3/5/16, 01:45 PM

I actually like the hood and scoop that is on the car now.

The higher cowl heights look ridiculous in my opinion, especially if there is no need for it.
Well you asked about fiberglass hoods, so therefore I provided you with a source link and I also referred you to Deysha regarding Ford denying your warranty claim as well... In addition, I specifically asked you if your 2014 Mustang is still under the factory 3 year/36k bumper to bumper warranty and if it is ? then everything including the hood is still covered..

However despite my best efforts in addressing both your questions and concerns.. The bottom line is this, you didn't make any effort towards submitting a response whatsoever.. End of story !
Old 3/5/16, 04:36 PM
GT Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
My apologies, the three year warranty is over. I PMed Deysha, no response yet.it is a 2011 not a 2014, typo. I saw the links and have been researching hoods like crazy. I like the Cervini hood, specifically the Stalker II for this car. So I hope this answers all your questions. Thanks for the input so far
Old 3/5/16, 05:44 PM

My apologies, the three year warranty is over. I PMed Deysha, no response yet.it is a 2011 not a 2014, typo. I saw the links and have been researching hoods like crazy. I like the Cervini hood, specifically the Stalker II for this car. So I hope this answers all your questions. Thanks for the input so far
I'm sure Deysha will reply back as soon as possible.. In the meantime, being as you have a 2011 and not a 2014 as in your (typo) that I assumed you had there may not be very much that Deysha can do, as your factory 3 year/36k warranty expired 2 years ago.. Perhaps she might be able to somehow work something out with your dealership's service manager, but I wouldn't count on it and unless your hood has completely corroded through ? not even your 5 year corrosion protection warranty will cover replacing it..

So in the end, your only other options I can think of is (A) Purchase a replacement hood from Ford (B) Have your factory hood repaired and hope it fixes the corrosion seam issues from coming back and (C) Look into the Cervini "Stalker II" hood and others in which you happen to like..

At any rate, keep us posted and let us know how everything turns out with Deysha as we all hope that a solution will somehow be found..