Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Right Rear End Noise!

Search this Thread

Old 4/12/17, 07:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Right Rear End Noise!

Hey guys car is a 2011 GT & has just over 32,000 miles on her. Have noticed a right rear end clunk or kink noise. Took it to the dealer & they have ordered a sway bar bushings & end links for the car. Hope this takes care of the problem noise seems awfully odd. Did a search here & noticed in this post https://themustangsource.com/forums/...metime-516130/ at least one member had the rear shocks replaced along with the sway bar & bushings. Was wondering if my dealer should replace the shocks as well? Looks like this is a known issue with this model. Wondering how many members have had this issue & had it solved?

Dealer is supposed to contact me when parts are in. Should I ask them to replace the shocks at the same time? I've looked at the sway bar & bushings & really don't seem loose or sloppy at all! Any input you guys have would be appreciated!!
Old 4/15/17, 12:34 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
The bushings, and end links should take care of the problem. The wife's '13 had the same noises, and the same fix so you should be good to go.
The following users liked this post:
knk11stang (4/16/17)
Old 4/16/17, 05:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the reply wanted33! Thought nobody would reply after over 100 views & no replies! Didn't really see any issues with the bushings in the area they say there is a problem. Hope like hell this takes care of the issue.

Still waiting on the dealer to contact me for the actual repairs!
Old 4/17/17, 12:17 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Originally Posted by knk11stang
Thanks for the reply wanted33! Thought nobody would reply after over 100 views & no replies! Didn't really see any issues with the bushings in the area they say there is a problem. Hope like hell this takes care of the issue.

Still waiting on the dealer to contact me for the actual repairs!
You are welcome sir. The repair didn't take long, like 45 minutes or so. Being retired I got me a cup of joe, and walked around looking at the new Stangs.

Also, my bet is some saw my reply and figured you had your answer, so don't be alarmed, it happens. Let me know if repair works out for you.

Last edited by wanted33; 4/17/17 at 12:21 PM.
knk11stang (4/17/17)
Old 4/17/17, 06:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks wanted33!! Dealer contacted me this morning I made the appointment for this Friday. I'll let you know how it goes!
The following 2 users liked this post by knk11stang:
MRGTX (4/18/17), wanted33 (4/18/17)
Old 4/22/17, 07:05 PM
V6 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I had the same sound and the dealership replaced the end links and the noise went away.

Hope that resolves your problem too.
Old 4/23/17, 09:54 AM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

Received 132 Likes on 118 Posts
Many of us have had the end link clank. I took the opportunity to replace the stock sway with an adjustable unit from Steeda with billet end links and urethane bushings.
knk11stang (4/23/17)
Old 4/23/17, 06:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey guys! So took the car in Friday morning & the sway bar & end link bushings didn't take care of the issue! Dropped the car off at 9:30 AM & by 2:30 PM hadn't heard anything back from the dealer so I called them.

Told me the sway bar & end link bushings didn't fix the issue. They removed the rear inside panel & say there is a missing clip. They think this clip from the interior panel is inside the body rattling? I told the service advisor I don't think that is the entire problem because I was getting the click-clack noise when accelerating & decelerating.

So they kept the car Friday & Saturday will be waiting to hear from them on Monday. Hope like hell they find & fix the issue!!!
Old 4/28/17, 06:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Hey guys! Dealer called on Wed. said the car was done! Work performed included the sway bar & end link bushings. Noted that the right side end link was worn. They had to replace the gas tank strap to take care of other noise that was present. Car is fixed & is the way it should be!

Thanks to the members who replied to my post & helped to ease my mind! So happy to have my car back & be able to enjoy driving her again! Thinking about doing some exhaust work on her now. Possible resonator removal & H-pipe to get a little more sound!!!
Fawls (4/29/17)
Old 4/30/17, 08:33 AM
V6 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If you put a loud enough exhaust on you wouldn't hear these other sounds anyway!

Seriously though, glad to hear your car is fixed up and you're back to enjoying it.
knk11stang (5/1/17)
Old 5/1/17, 06:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by car_designer
If you put a loud enough exhaust on you wouldn't hear these other sounds anyway!

Seriously though, glad to hear your car is fixed up and you're back to enjoying it.
Thanks car designer! I think your right about the exhaust & the sounds!

So nice to have the weird noises GONE! Now need to get the exhaust a little more rumble!

Anyone know if a new H-pipe & resonator delete would require a tune?