2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Retractable Hardtop?

Search this Thread

Old 4/25/06, 10:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd love some t-tops, but, I wouldn't add them to a car. If it didn't come with it, I don't want it...
Old 4/26/06, 06:02 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(codeman94 @ March 11, 2006, 12:41 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
What ?...no reaction to the gay smilie??
[/b][/quote]

Ok you got it, it's offensive to me. Let's break this down-associating a miata with being gay and also inferring (at least that's how I read it) it's negative to be gay. Then likely maybe accusing people of being too sensitive if they find offense. It just seems off-base to me for such a friendly community of mustang enthusiasts. Maybe it's nothing to everyone else, but yeah I thought about the comment.

Ok back to the topic at hand. I'm not feeling the retractable hardtop. I don't think they suit the mustangs. It's a nice concept though.
Old 4/29/06, 10:34 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FordRacing421 @ March 3, 2006, 10:08 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
That wold be awesome, but I don't see it happening either, i like the vert idea, but i hate the look with the top up as codeman said, a T-top wouldn't be as far fetched (not saying that the retractable hard top is far fetched) but you get what I mean, though I'm not sure how well a T-top would do, I just know I'd like it [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] , to bad its not all about me [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Remember what happend to the 65 Mustang retractable. Ford got in a fight with the designer because the designer wanted it to work manualy and Ford wanted it electric. Bottom line, Ford never made it.

And another thing, it will cost too much to make them a production reality, and will hurt Ford with cost, unless they become super popular.

Hey WHO KNOWS?????/
Old 4/29/06, 02:33 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

With the focus retractable out there I think the cost case is becoming less of a concern. Yes, there's still a premium over developing a soft-top, but I don't think its so prohibitively high as we normally think.
Old 4/30/06, 08:52 AM
Cam Tease

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Ok you got it, it's offensive to me. Let's break this down-associating a miata with being gay and also inferring (at least that's how I read it) it's negative to be gay. Then likely maybe accusing people of being too sensitive if they find offense. It just seems off-base to me for such a friendly community of mustang enthusiasts. Maybe it's nothing to everyone else, but yeah I thought about the comment.[/b][/quote]

Lol, I dig the username Mikey. It fits the comment.
Old 5/7/06, 03:38 PM
V6 Member

I like the idea of a retractable hard top... but ultimately it will depend on what it looks like with the roof up... I love having an open top, but I think at the moment the fastback GT looks better...

On the other hand, the rag-top does make it more retro... I wonder if Ford would have 3 models side by side, a fastback, a notch-back folding hard top, and a rag-top...