Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

premium or base? +2 questions

Search this Thread

Old 11/19/10, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get the premium. After spending time in the desert, you deserve it!!
Old 11/19/10, 01:47 PM
Cobra R Member

Premium is the only way to roll
Old 11/19/10, 02:29 PM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
For having a V-6, i knew i need to grow some because only girls drive a 6 cylinder. But now, I'm 'poor' because i drive a V-6? I'm not 'poor'.

Get the Premium, you'll be glad you did.
Old 11/19/10, 03:26 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by S197 GT
Better off in anyones standards. Keep in mind I was directing my input towards his purchase and equally important to my arguement, his wish list. Better off with a base GT than a loaded 6 only to put on a blower, suspension, etc. He clearly wants power and will get better results with the GT.

Say what you want about finances, but that's what it comes down to. As the guy above mentioned, he got his 6 for the better fuel economy. Sounds financially motivated to me, seeing as more fuel is more money. Unless you mean to tell me that Ford has actually lured in a Prius loving, environmentist to purchase it's newest 6. Then perhaps his motivation was for the environment.

Again, I was speaking to his purchase when mentioning he'd be better off in a GT, but I stand by my point that financial reasons are the #1 reason people get the 6.

There will always be exceptions to the rule...
it was geared for financial reasons and environmental reasons alike..... also I can't handle the 5.0 and thats fine to admitting lol
Old 11/19/10, 04:37 PM
3rd Times A Charm

Good call on the premium. Im not sure what comes with the performance package on the 6, but I know the glass roof is pretty sweet! Assuming you are going to go through with what's on your wish list, wouldn't the performance package be a waste of money?

On a side note, I want to thank you for all of your sacrifices including, but not limited to leaving your family and putting yourself in harms way for my family's freedoms.

Thank you for that!

Everyone else who's getting all sensitive about the V6 vs V8 debate needs to settle down a bit. I don't care what you drive, but if you ask for opinions, you will get them.

I would never buy a V6, because I would kick myself for not getting the V8! especially the 5.0.

I'm curious about all you guys mentioning that its not about HP...what do you guys think about the '11 V6 as opposed to the '10? Is it more appealing? I would think so.
Old 11/19/10, 05:18 PM
V6 Member

Im not sure what comes with the performance package on the 6, but I know the glass roof is pretty sweet! Assuming you are going to go through with what's on your wish list, wouldn't the performance package be a waste of money?
Wouldn't it make sense to find out what's included in the Performance Package before offering an opinion? There is nothing in the package that would be affected by his modification plans.

Everyone else who's getting all sensitive about the V6 vs V8 debate needs to settle down a bit. I don't care what you drive, but if you ask for opinions, you will get them.
armyguy239 asked for opinions on the V6 vs. the V6 Premium. No one asked your opinion on the V6 vs. the V8. Perhaps if you learned to read, you'd be able to understand why some people have viewpoints that differ from your own.

I would never buy a V6, because I would kick myself for not getting the V8! especially the 5.0.
I suggest you kick yourself anyways. It might knock some sense into you.

I'm curious about all you guys mentioning that its not about HP...what do you guys think about the '11 V6 as opposed to the '10? Is it more appealing? I would think so.
Yes, it is. If you read a bit rather than spouting nonsense, you might learn about the many ways that the '11 V6 engine is far better than the old one.
Old 11/19/10, 08:08 PM
3rd Times A Charm

Originally Posted by tvrbob
Wouldn't it make sense to find out what's included in the Performance Package before offering an opinion? There is nothing in the package that would be affected by his modification plans.

armyguy239 asked for opinions on the V6 vs. the V6 Premium. No one asked your opinion on the V6 vs. the V8. Perhaps if you learned to read, you'd be able to understand why some people have viewpoints that differ from your own.

I suggest you kick yourself anyways. It might knock some sense into you.

Yes, it is. If you read a bit rather than spouting nonsense, you might learn about the many ways that the '11 V6 engine is far better than the old one.
Get back in your rocker Bob before you break a hip.

You have no idea what your talking about.

First of all, you do know that he has edited his wish list right?

Your kidding right, the '11 V6 is better than the '10? Does it happen to make more power too? Hmmmm, I wonder if that's why I brought it up, since some of the arguments were that the power of the GT wasn't appealing, yet I'm sure the added power of the '11 would be appealing. Mainly for the guys with the 05-10 V6's.

I don't need any sense knocked into me Bob. I actually do know what I'm talking about. This isn't my first rodeo.

I'm not spouting off nonsense. I don't need to learn to read either in order to understand differing opinions.

Sure he didn't ask about the 6 vs the 8. I made the observation that his mods would be close to the additional funds he'd need for a GT.

Clearly that went over your head as well.

I'm not here to mess up this guys thread. Just give some insight. You did happen to notice that I also posted on topic as well right?

You guys have been more offended than the OP. Funny how that works. Everyone is getting up in arm like I said your too broke to afford a GT. I said it's for financial reasons. What if i said it's for the same reason I went with the GT over the GT500? Would you be able to sleep better? Or perhaps if I said the same reason I went with the GT over a Bugatti?

Besides, if I can see one of our nations finest in a GT over a 6, I'd be all the more merrier.

Time for bed Bob?

Last edited by S197 GT; 11/19/10 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Fixing typos
Old 11/19/10, 08:19 PM
V6 Member

If I was looking for a V-6 I would be looking at fully loaded low miles use ones.
Like this,

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/ctd/2069469783.html

But I doubt you will find one with the performance package.

I agree with S 197 GT, I would rather have a base GT than a fully loaded V-6 for the same money. But that is just my opinion. The GT has the performance package standard.

TED
Old 11/19/10, 08:22 PM
3rd Times A Charm

Another great thing about the SYNC is the Bluetooth. It's amazing! Easily pairs up to my phone with no lag at all. I'm pretty sure the base does not include Bluetooth.

I didn't specifically research all that's included with the base package as I have no need to. I already bought mine with the premium package, and I have no regrets.

The "tan" cloth looks amazing though!

Originally Posted by Ted in Olympia
If I was looking for a V-6 I would be looking at fully loaded low miles use ones.
Like this,

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/ctd/2069469783.html

But I doubt you will find one with the performance package.

I agree with S 197 GT, I would rather have a base GT than a fully loaded V-6 for the same money. But that is just my opinion. The GT has the performance package standard.

TED
I'm with you on this one. Although it would be really hard to find exactly what you are looking for, but if you do, you are in great shape!

Hey Bob, do you own a Mustang?

Last edited by S197 GT; 11/19/10 at 08:25 PM.
Old 11/19/10, 10:08 PM
V6 Member

Thanks for all the input guys, i ended up changing my decision, i will stay with the v6 premium, but i am getting performance pkg, with MCA. i decided to go against glass roof, for now, as i will be getting 5th stangs Ipad install
Old 11/20/10, 05:43 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
Good choice. The SYNC and Bluetooth is nice to have.
Old 11/20/10, 06:22 AM

Nice choice. The MCA edition looks really good and the premium package is definitely worth getting... espeically in my opinion for comfort.
Old 11/20/10, 06:31 AM
V6 Member

now i have a question for the guys that work at the dealers, or if any of you guys would know the answer.. the PP has its set of wheels as does the MCA, so if i get both ,what wheels would i get???

Last edited by armyguy239; 11/20/10 at 06:32 AM.
Old 11/20/10, 09:20 AM
3rd Times A Charm

Originally Posted by armyguy239
now i have a question for the guys that work at the dealers, or if any of you guys would know the answer.. the PP has its set of wheels as does the MCA, so if i get both ,what wheels would i get???
Not sure how likely it'd be, but I'd try to get both sets. I mean. You are paying for both packages right?
Old 11/20/10, 10:54 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by armyguy239
You get the PP wheels with the machined spokes.

Not sure how likely it'd be, but I'd try to get both sets. I mean. You are paying for both packages right?
Not really. If you buy a base with the PP, you pay $1,995 for the PP. If you buy the MCA with the PP, the cost for the PP is $1495. You could try to get them to throw in an extra set of wheels, but I'm sure it would come at the cost of a decreased discount.
Old 11/20/10, 09:45 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by tvrbob
You get the PP wheels with the machined spokes.

Not really. If you buy a base with the PP, you pay $1,995 for the PP. If you buy the MCA with the PP, the cost for the PP is $1495. You could try to get them to throw in an extra set of wheels, but I'm sure it would come at the cost of a decreased discount.
sweet thanks
Old 11/22/10, 09:11 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Besides Sync, the Premium stereo has more speakers and a more robust amplifier, according to the spec sheets.
Old 11/22/10, 12:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,520 Likes on 1,039 Posts
Sorry for adding more confusion to the situation, but here's another idea:

Get a used 2010 GT Premium, or a new leftover, at a great price . . . that way you can have the V8 engine, premium package, all at a lower price than you'll pay for the 2011 V6

Yes the 2011 V6 has almost the same HP as the 2010 GT and better gas mileage . . . but the 2010 GT has the V8 sound and grunt, and you can get better-than-rated gas mileage (I get about 27+ MPG round trip on my mostly highway commute)

. . . . just a thought . . . .

oh, and thank you for your service!
Old 11/22/10, 01:00 PM
GT Member

I disagree with all the people that say the premium is the only way to go. Since you live in a hot climate cloth over leather would be beter IMO. And now for SYNC, it's really not all that. Everyone i talk to on the SYNC says it sounds like i'm in a tunnel, the turn by turn directions uses your phone and you can't do anything other features of the radio while you're getting directions (Maybe i'm doing something wrong there). I wish I had gotton the base them added the appearance things I wanted and still been thousands ahead.