Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

premium or base? +2 questions

Search this Thread

Old 11/18/10, 05:05 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
premium or base? +2 questions

ok, so im really debating right now if i should get the premium or base, so far the only things that really stand out to me from the premium is the SYNC, and MyColor/ambient lighting, leather not so much because of Texas heat...the ambient lighting i can can later on, on my own. is there anything else that is really worthwhile in the premium?

If i get the base I will add the Performance Pkg
if i get the premium, glass roof and 3.31

i know there are a few guys here who work at dealerships,is the SYNC able to added later on?if so, price wise? and is the Mycolor gauges able to be added on after, i know you can add it to other years, do the 11's have the wiring for it??

just wanted your opinions.. thanks in advance

Last edited by armyguy239; 11/18/10 at 05:20 PM. Reason: coulda sworn base could get MCA
Old 11/18/10, 05:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by armyguy239
Is there anything else that is really worthwhile in the premium?
The steering wheel is much, much nicer on the premium. That doesn't have to be a deal killer though, as you can replace it later with a nice leather one from a Bullitt or GT-500.
Old 11/18/10, 05:37 PM
V6 Member

also, its only with the SYNC that i can hook up my ipod with the USB right?
Old 11/18/10, 06:37 PM
Bullitt Member

also, its only with the SYNC that i can hook up my ipod with the USB right?
If you insist hooking it by usb, then you need the sync.

But the base does have a 1/8" input in the center consul. Will probably need to use the ipod for control though.
Old 11/18/10, 06:48 PM
3rd Times A Charm

Best advice I could give you is to get rid of that "want" list, cancel the v6 order, and stack your chips until you can get the 5.0.

Im not just knocking the 6 owners here, I just have to point out that you'd be better off getting a stripper model 5.0 as opposed to the loaded 6.

Who are we kidding, the reason people get a 6 over the GT is because of their financial ability at the moment. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I assume that's your case as well.

Your plans and want for a loaded 6 lead me to believe that you may be in reach of a 5.0, if not now, soon.

Just my advice there.

Premium FTMFW! The SYNC is so great! I use my iPhone over Bluetooth for my music, and it's completely seamless. I love it. When I want to plug it in via USB, I get the added benefit of titles on the display.

Leather is easier to clean and keep clean.
Old 11/18/10, 07:04 PM
V6 Member

yes, Army doesnt pay too well... lol, reason i am gettin the V6 is because im getting a good price on one, and i am paying for the car interest free until i pick up the car, by the time i'd get the car i'd have around 9 grand left when i pick it up in august. I would love to get the 5.0 but like i said when im back in the states i really dont get paid too well to pay for car and insurance..
Old 11/18/10, 07:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Go premium you won't regret it. The sync and the leather are worth it alone. I have a loaded Infiniti FX with touch screen nav .......the works and I like my sync in the mustang better believe it or not. You can always add performance latter a CAI and tune are easier and cheaper to do later on. My 2 cents.

Paul
Old 11/18/10, 07:23 PM
V6 Member

thanks for all the input guys
Old 11/18/10, 07:45 PM
Bullitt Member

I agree that the premium is well worth the cost, but all I wanted was a fast car...
Old 11/18/10, 09:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by YSUsteven
I agree that the premium is well worth the cost, but all I wanted was a fast car...
+1 and the SYNC is worth it.
Old 11/19/10, 12:03 AM
V6 Member

yea i decided i'll stay with the premium, just debating on gettin PP or Glassback...
Old 11/19/10, 12:10 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yea i decided i'll stay with the premium, just debating on gettin PP or Glassback...
Heck, get both, it's only another $1736...
Old 11/19/10, 02:10 AM
GT Member

GO PREMIUM! then get both!!!! trust me thats what I did. I got a V6 because I would get into trouble with a GT (heavy @$$ foot!) plus I want better mpgs but yeah If I had extra dough.................I woulda got a GT lmao
Old 11/19/10, 03:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

If I were looking at a V6, it would be with the Performance Package.

Since I have a house, wife, and two children, the base model GT 5.0 does me just fine. I can't say I really miss anything that the Premium package offered anyway other than a nicer steering wheel, and that can be replaced at any time.

Last edited by kn7671; 11/19/10 at 03:35 AM.
Old 11/19/10, 04:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by S197 GT
Who are we kidding, the reason people get a 6 over the GT is because of their financial ability at the moment. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I assume that's your case as well.
Money is likely a factor in most car buying decisions... but that aside, some people just don't care about having all that HP.
Old 11/19/10, 04:14 AM
Team Mustang Source

If you don't want to settle for less then don't. Personally I would go for the base GT.
Old 11/19/10, 07:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by S197 GT
Im not just knocking the 6 owners here, I just have to point out that you'd be better off getting a stripper model 5.0 as opposed to the loaded 6.

Better off by who's standards? It's a question of priorities. I bought a V6 because I wanted a fun-to-drive convertible with lots of creature comforts but without the "snobish" image of a BMW or similar import. The new six has almost exactly the same horsepower as my LS1 T/A - which is more than enough to satisfy my needs. I could easily afford a GT but I have no interest in owning one - it just doesn't offer anything I want beyond what the V6 has.

Granted, the majority of members here have performance as a higher priority than I do but that doesn't mean that people generally "settle" for a V6 due to financial considerations.
Old 11/19/10, 07:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Sync is awesome. But it is also glitchy. If glitches might anger you, you might not like Sync. But if you can forgive the glitches for a nifty voice activated system, then you will love it.

One thing I wish it could do (but I don't think it does) is when you have an odd named song or band that you want to play. In some cases, there is no way to say it in a way that Sync will understand, and there is no alternative way to pick the song or band that I know of. (I dare anyone to try and get it to play the song "Praan"; if you manage it, record how you said it and post it for us lol)
Old 11/19/10, 08:39 AM
3rd Times A Charm

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
Better off by who's standards?

Granted, the majority of members here have performance as a higher priority than I do but that doesn't mean that people generally "settle" for a V6 due to financial considerations.
Better off in anyones standards. Keep in mind I was directing my input towards his purchase and equally important to my arguement, his wish list. Better off with a base GT than a loaded 6 only to put on a blower, suspension, etc. He clearly wants power and will get better results with the GT.

Say what you want about finances, but that's what it comes down to. As the guy above mentioned, he got his 6 for the better fuel economy. Sounds financially motivated to me, seeing as more fuel is more money. Unless you mean to tell me that Ford has actually lured in a Prius loving, environmentist to purchase it's newest 6. Then perhaps his motivation was for the environment.

Again, I was speaking to his purchase when mentioning he'd be better off in a GT, but I stand by my point that financial reasons are the #1 reason people get the 6.

There will always be exceptions to the rule...
Old 11/19/10, 09:59 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Go premium

Last edited by stangfoeva; 11/19/10 at 01:49 PM.

Quick Reply: premium or base? +2 questions