Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Potential new 2013 GT Owner, current BMW owner. Few Questions.

Search this Thread

Old 9/10/12, 06:25 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Went from a Boxster S to modded TT to the GT. All are fun.
Repairs on my german girlfriends were pricey.
My opinion:
TT interior was best.
Boxster S handled the best.
GT definitely the most fun and easiest of them all to own.
420Bhp is impressive.

Audi and Porsche service departments I dealt with were slow and inefficient.
My ford dealer is honest, quick and thorough - YMMV
Old 9/10/12, 06:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by kylerohde
See comments in red above
You nailed it...Oh to the original poster....BMW doesn't allow a CAI or exhaust, its really dealer specific, as it is with Ford. My M3 has been to service at BMW with my mods (AFE Stg2, no primary cats,mufflers, pullies and a tune) with no issues. I think you will enjoy the new Mustang over the 135i, the normally aspirated 5.0L V8 will make noises that a I6 could never dream of. What is nice about BMW, at least the local ones here in Los Angeles. You bring your car in for service you get a new 3 or 5 series loaner. Also, I up your 135i with my 2011 E92 ZCP M3..

Last edited by Dave07997S; 9/10/12 at 06:53 PM.
Old 9/10/12, 06:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Banjostang
Went from a Boxster S to modded TT to the GT. All are fun.
Repairs on my german girlfriends were pricey.
My opinion:
TT interior was best.
Boxster S handled the best.
GT definitely the most fun and easiest of them all to own.
420Bhp is impressive.

Audi and Porsche service departments I dealt with were slow and inefficient.
My ford dealer is honest, quick and thorough - YMMV

I owned a 997S, luckily only had it serviced once in 3 yrs. of ownership...very efficient and excellent.
Old 9/10/12, 09:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
The Track Apps is part of the new 4.2 in. display and is standard on all premium models including the V6. It's not an option.
Old 9/11/12, 09:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TommyV
The Track Apps is part of the new 4.2 in. display and is standard on all premium models including the V6. It's not an option.
Well the premium pkg is an option itself so technically it is
Old 9/11/12, 09:23 AM
Banned

Not an individual option, so you're still wrong.
Old 9/11/12, 09:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
Not an individual option, so you're still wrong.
OP never asked IS IT AN INDIVIDUAL OPTION, he asked do all mustangs come with it, and no you have the OPTION to get it if you go with the premium package.
Old 9/11/12, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by mopar?
OP never asked IS IT AN INDIVIDUAL OPTION, he asked do all mustangs come with it, and no you have the OPTION to get it if you go with the premium package.
No you dont "have the option to get it with the premium package". It COMES WITH the premium package. On either v6 or GT
Old 9/11/12, 10:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SeattleStang

No you dont "have the option to get it with the premium package". It COMES WITH the premium package. On either v6 or GT
You know what I mean, quit your crying little girl.
Old 9/11/12, 10:40 AM

Btw for the OP : to answer some of your questions in no particular order. There is absolutely no performance differences between base and premium on 5.0 mustangs. They all start with the same motor gears brakes etc on base vs premium. Premium is mostly an interior trim package. Leather seats, track apps on the dash, ambient lighting inside, better audio system, etc etc. Performance can be added as options equally on base or premium. The options i would highly recommend whether base or premium for strictly max performance is the GT Track Package. Remember that package by name. It is not the brembo package which is another package, but it comes with the entire brembo package plus extras. It includes brembos, 3.73 gears which are a must, torsen differential from the boss, etc. Just one option gives you basically all of the performance uprades available stock, thats the track package. As a nice to have second option on either base or premium i would highly recommend the recaro seat option. They are cloth recaros on base and leather recaros on premium. That isnt really a performance mod, but its most everybodys favorite second option. Thats really all you need. Two options track pack and recaros. Then decide if you want a base or premium because you can add both options on either. Capeech?

Last edited by SeattleStang; 9/11/12 at 10:48 AM.
Old 9/11/12, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by mopar?
You know what I mean, quit your crying little girl.
*rolls his eyes* is your unwarranted hostility and agression in this post related to the fact that someone has a v6 with a need to overcompensate? You seem a little defensive and on edge. Try to relax

Last edited by SeattleStang; 9/11/12 at 10:47 AM.
Old 9/11/12, 10:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SeattleStang
*rolls his eyes* is your unwarranted hostility and agression in this post related to the fact that someone has a v6 with a need to overcompensate? You seem a little defensive and on edge. Try to relax
Someone with a v6? I don't understand. I don't want a v8...I don't race nor act like a idiot on the road, 305 hp is good enough for me. I preferred to pay more towards luxury as in the premium model and the performance pkg for handling than pay 2k more for a shell with a v8 (base 5.0) that looks incomplete in and out. Different people have different wants and needs. Going" fast" is last in my priority list. We aren't all old in this forum, I just turned 20 so I don't have all the money in the world. You're most likely in the midlife crisis stage anyway.

Last edited by mopar?; 9/11/12 at 11:00 AM.
Old 9/11/12, 11:41 AM
Cobra Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by wannabe
I couldn't disagree with this more, except maybe a base V6 with the smallest wheels.
Whatever. Even the Boss 302's need to be lowered.
Old 9/11/12, 04:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jsimmons
Whatever. Even the Boss 302's need to be lowered.
Somewhere along the way, 20% of Mustang and Camaro buyers decided that the cars needed to be lowered to 'look right'. Yet Ford and Chevrolet are still building them the same way they have for years... not lowered... and selling maybe 879,000 of them without any problems. So to say it 'needs' to be lowered is silly. But like you said... whatever.
Old 9/11/12, 05:13 PM
lug

Everything except the GT500, that's a separate order form.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2013 Mustang Order Guide.pdf (329.8 KB, 190 views)
Old 9/11/12, 08:59 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
GT is underrated. Rated @ 420hp, closer to 435hp based on dynos. Intake and tune are netting +30rwhp generally.
I may be reading your post wrong, but a stock GT will never dyno at 435 RWHP. Usually around 370 or so depending on the dyno and transmission.

The OP asked how many of the 420 horses actually make it to the pavement.

Last edited by jmaStang; 9/11/12 at 09:00 PM.
Old 9/11/12, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by jmaStang
I may be reading your post wrong, but a stock GT will never dyno at 435 RWHP. Usually around 370 or so depending on the dyno and transmission.

The OP asked how many of the 420 horses actually make it to the pavement.
She's saying that the engine itself is likely putting out closer to 435 BHP than 420 BHP in stock trim, as dyno tests have shown that the 5.0's are putting more power to the pavement than they should be based on drivetrain loss calculations.

Somewhere along the way, 20% of Mustang and Camaro buyers decided that the cars needed to be lowered to 'look right'. Yet Ford and Chevrolet are still building them the same way they have for years... not lowered... and selling maybe 879,000 of them without any problems. So to say it 'needs' to be lowered is silly. But like you said... whatever.
Ford and Chevy have to take into consideration more than just what looks right when making their decisions on how to set up the suspensions and ride heights for their cars. Things like bumps, curbs, ramps, snow chains, etc usually mean the car won't sit as low as some would like.

I personally like the way they sit stock. It's a little high, but that's just the way a muscle car should sit in my mind. I personally hate the current trend of gigantic rims and having a car sit so low it's nearly unusable on normal city streets.

Last edited by Auto426; 9/12/12 at 06:25 AM.
Old 9/11/12, 11:22 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Auto426
I personally like the way they sit stock. It's a little high, but that's just the way a muscle car should sit in my mind. I personally hate the current trend of gigantic rims and having a car sit so low it's nearly unusable on normal city streets.
+1!

Same goes for these posers I see here in lifted cars and giant rims with thin off road tires. Not a trace of dirt on them. I see a few jeep wranglers like that on a daily basis and I just sigh.
Old 9/11/12, 11:45 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
He's saying that the engine itself is likely putting out closer to 435 BHP than 420 BHP in stock trim, as dyno tests have shown that the 5.0's are putting more power to the pavement than they should be based on drivetrain loss calculations.
Does anybody have factual drivetrain loss data or is it the internet darling 15%? Its about 12% on my car and thats with a heavier duty transmission (read: absorbs more hp compared to the MT82)
Old 9/12/12, 12:40 AM
GT Member

He's saying that the engine itself is likely putting out closer to 435 BHP than 420 BHP in stock trim, as dyno tests have shown that the 5.0's are putting more power to the pavement than they should be based on drivetrain loss calculations.
Oh alright. Funny, because I went ahead and did the math using 15% and thought it was a bit off. 435 would put it right at 370. Thanks for the clarification. And Danielle is a she .

Quick Reply: Potential new 2013 GT Owner, current BMW owner. Few Questions.