2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Post pics of your lightbar

Search this Thread

Old 3/3/11, 09:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post pics of your lightbar

Hey guys,

this is mainly for the vert owners...can any of you post pics of your car with the CDC light bar? what is your opinion on it? is it worth it? Hard to install?

i'm having a tough time getting past the cutting part...but I know I can do it myself it's just going to be weird cutting a brand new car lol

thanks guys!
Old 3/3/11, 10:25 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a CDC Light Bar in my 95 Vert. Had to drill holes on each side. Only type cause in 16 yrs, prob improved stuff. Mine came w/templates so it was precise cutting. Shouldn't be an issue on yours.
Old 3/4/11, 05:10 AM
Cobra Member

Although mine is an 07, I would think the install process is fairly similar. This was the first mod I did to my car and IMO, should have came this way from the factory! It only took about 2 hours and was very straight forward. Yes, you do need to do some drilling in both the top trim panel as well as the underlying metal structure. If you are going with a CDC, you can probably find the install instructions on their website to get better idea of the install process.

Here's a couple shots of mine installed...

Old 3/4/11, 05:22 AM
Bullitt Member

awesome, looks great!

Ya I found a brand new CDC one someone is selling for cheap...jeeze I have barely driven my car (about 30 kms to be exact) and i'm already starting mods lol

one other question is, would wiring it into the convertible top cause warranty issues?
Old 3/4/11, 08:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

here is a question for you drop top guys do you prefer the bar with the light or without?
Old 3/4/11, 09:09 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by LLZuB
one other question is, would wiring it into the convertible top cause warranty issues?
I see no reason why as the bar with the brake light simply splices into your tail light wiring in the trunk

Originally Posted by xlover
here is a question for you drop top guys do you prefer the bar with the light or without?
No preference as I really don't even know the light is there. At least with the CDC, it comes with wiring that disables the light when the top is up. But the light bar without the brake light would be a little quicker to install as no wiring is involved.
Old 3/4/11, 09:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Doogie
I see no reason why as the bar with the brake light simply splices into your tail light wiring in the trunk

No preference as I really don't even know the light is there. At least with the CDC, it comes with wiring that disables the light when the top is up. But the light bar without the brake light would be a little quicker to install as no wiring is involved.
Awesome, im taking a road trip tomorrow to Buffalo to pick it up..

anyone else with pics of it on a 2011? i've seen a couple and i've liked the look on most of them...it seems the lowered cars look even better with the bar
Old 3/4/11, 11:37 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by xlover
With the light is my answer. I bought mine w/o cause it was way cheaper. After prob 4 yrs I stepped up to CDC's. If I owned another vert, that's my #2 mod. Right after exhaust! I didn't turn off light when top was closed.
Old 3/4/11, 03:07 PM
Cobra Member

I have an '06 with the light bar and love it! I second the comment that they should have came this way!

I prefer the bar without the light myself, just looks cleaner, but that's just my opinion...

As for drilling, it is a bit much to drill into a new car, but as long as you take your time and do it right, it will turn out fine!
Old 3/4/11, 08:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Does anyone know how big the box is that the CDC lightbar comes in is?